Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Marauders 18 - Consequences *Spoilers*

This was a really great read. A lot of people were complaining about there being no consequences for the recent slew of violence from the Marauders to humans. As with the birth of the original Reavers there are. This is exactly the type of consequences I was talking about earlier in the arc and even in X-Men Red when X-23 sliced a mans hand off, they were filmed live on tv and nothing came from it.

Gerry Duggan did very well here to address readers concerns.

Emma opens up a hospital in Madripoor named after a surprising human ally that put a big grin on my face. Is Emma genuine or does she know more? This stuns Xavier and Magneto.

Masque found his niche. What a beautiful use of his powers. Really brilliant scene.

Emmas money is used to out buy the Hellfire Cult who become pissed off and create the new Reavers from all the humans the Marauders injured/maimed on their travel.

Very nice battle scene ensues and the X-Men end up banned from Madripoor. Is that Donald Pierce?

This was a great set up and looking forward to seeing the consequences and fall out. Or is there a wider plan?

This was a good issue but my least favorite issue of the run. I feel Duggan has written enough Bishop now that i honestly can say i don't think he gets his voice and that is why he hasn't written for him. So far imo from what i've read of Duggan's Bishop there seems to be an undercurrent of "swag" that actually comes off as unearned cockiness. We are 18 issues in and some side missions and i don't think Bishop has actually succeeded in one mission he has had or we have seen what it means for him to be a captain. We have seen him subordinate to kitty and beast and he comes off a bit as an amateur. He very much read like the black guy on a cw drama.

Other than that i thought it was a strong issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This was a really great read. A lot of people were complaining about there being no consequences for the recent slew of violence from the Marauders to humans. As with the birth of the original Reavers there are. This is exactly the type of consequences I was talking about earlier in the arc and even in X-Men Red when X-23 sliced a mans hand off, they were filmed live on tv and nothing came from it.

Gerry Duggan did very well here to address readers concerns.

Emma opens up a hospital in Madripoor named after a surprising human ally that put a big grin on my face. Is Emma genuine or does she know more? This stuns Xavier and Magneto.

Masque found his niche. What a beautiful use of his powers. Really brilliant scene.

Emmas money is used to out buy the Hellfire Cult who become pissed off and create the new Reavers from all the humans the Marauders injured/maimed on their travel.

Very nice battle scene ensues and the X-Men end up banned from Madripoor. Is that Donald Pierce?

This was a great set up and looking forward to seeing the consequences and fall out. Or is there a wider plan?
    I don’t think it stunned Xavier. He knew Proteus was there and why. Magneto was the one that seemed shocked.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Oh, I believe she knows. I think the men are making the mistake of underestimating her or believing she can be manipulated as easily as Mystique.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I don’t think it stunned Xavier. He knew Proteus was there and why. Magneto was the one that seemed shocked.
    Xavier finds out seconds before Magneto using his telepathy.

But yes, the implication is that Emma is doing a power move to Magneto and Xavier: "I know your little secret and you can't do anything to prevent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Oh, I believe she knows. I think the men are making the mistake of underestimating her or believing she can be manipulated as easily as Mystique.
    Who says mystique is easily manipulable? We know very little of what’s going on inside her head.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

They could try and assassinate her, then erase those memories from the Cerebro unit. But I'd imagine Cyclops and Kitty wouldn't like that

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was a good issue but my least favorite issue of the run. I feel Duggan has written enough Bishop now that i honestly can say i don't think he gets his voice and that is why he hasn't written for him. So far imo from what i've read of Duggan's Bishop there seems to be an undercurrent of "swag" that actually comes off as unearned cockiness. We are 18 issues in and some side missions and i don't think Bishop has actually succeeded in one mission he has had or we have seen what it means for him to be a captain. We have seen him subordinate to kitty and beast and he comes off a bit as an amateur. He very much read like the black guy on a cw drama.

You describe very well Bishop's role on the book.

I thought this issue was very boring, iceman just ok with maiming people if they are using guns to defend theirselves

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Who says mystique is easily manipulable? We know very little of what’s going on inside her head.
    if they think she is easy to manipulate they are very far gone crazy. Even Moira is a mistery, she probably has her own goals separate from them.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-17-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Black guy guy on a CW drama = fate worse then death. You’re definitely not wrong though.

I did like how well this issue dealt with the consequences of violence. If Emma really knows about Moira then this book just got a lot more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier finds out seconds before Magneto using his telepathy.

But yes, the implication is that Emma is doing a power move to Magneto and Xavier: "I know your little secret and you can't do anything to prevent it."
    Gosh I hope this is not the case, how lame and anticlimactic
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeah, I got the feeling Emma knows about Moira. It would make sense tbh, she has been inside his mind many times. Two relatively recent ones that come to mind are the time she and Jean did the physic rescue, and the time after Messiah Complex during Carey's run in X-Men Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Gosh I hope this is not the case, how lame and anticlimactic
    I hope not too, because it would be pretty nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    You describe very well Bishop's role on the book.

I thought this issue was very boring, iceman just ok with maiming people if they are using guns to defend theirselves
    The Verendi goons which Iceman fought were definitely not just "defending themselves". They're a mutant hunting faction

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The Verendi goons which Iceman fought were definitely not just "defending themselves". They're a mutant hunting faction
    maiming them solved the problem? Well I guess not.

And Iceman attacked them.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So we see the original Readers and a new set as well? Did not get that part.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================