Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    maiming them solved the problem? Well I guess not.

And Iceman attacked them.
    They were giving money to anyone who killed mutants in Madripoor - if that's the faction you want to say Iceman is wrong for attacking, that's entirely your prerogative, spirit
    Last edited by nandes; 02-17-2021 at 01:34 PM.

That was amazing! I felt like crying on this scene.
    vvv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    They were giving money to anyone who killed mutants in Madripoor - if that's the faction you want to say Iceman is wrong for attacking, that's entirely your prerogative, spirit
    he is wrong for maiming, no huan would look at that and say that it is alright maim people.

I feel like we should talk about that statue, those big herrings and the hat ........of all the ways to depict Moira
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-17-2021 at 01:48 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier finds out seconds before Magneto using his telepathy.

But yes, the implication is that Emma is doing a power move to Magneto and Xavier: "I know your little secret and you can't do anything to prevent it."
    If that's what that was, then she's being utterly stupid and poorly written. She gains nothing by this, and risks them taking drastic measures against her (say, having her killed off and have the information removed from Cerebro when she resurrects, or taking measures against her) for what, look cool? This sounds like another one of Duggan's stupid "look at how badass my female characters are, #feminism" that is just poorly thought out.

Fantastic Member

The plot elements and birth of the new Reavers were genuinely interesting. The Marauders have been really skirting the fine line of the "No Kill" rule, and now it seems to have come back on them. Bobby's confrontation with the man that he maimed was interesting. I don't know if I agree with Bobby's response - he was acting out of anger and basically seeking revenge when he snapped the guy's arm off. On the other hand, at least Iceman had something to do this issue. The scene with Masque at the hospital was really nice. Duggan has done great things with both Masque and Callisto. Meanwhile, I'm still wondering who I have to set on fire to get some actual character development or even depth for Pyro. He had more page time than usual, which was nice, but as always, he was just kind of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If that's what that was, then she's being utterly stupid and poorly written. She gains nothing by this, and risks them taking drastic measures against her (say, having her killed off and have the information removed from Cerebro when she resurrects, or taking measures against her) for what, look cool? This sounds like another one of Duggan's stupid "look at how badass my female characters are, #feminism" that is just poorly thought out.
    ok at least I'm not the only one
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This issue was alright, but I'm kind of over the Verendi and Madripoor. The new Reavers were interesting, but I don't see why the Marauders would hold back against them, they are basically proto Homo novissima so I doubt the no kill rule applies to them. Iceman, Pyro, and Bishop got some page time, but they have almost no depth. The scene with Masque was good, but out of place. Duggan took the time to give more attention to a tertiary support character than he has given to some of his main cast. I doubt Emma knows the truth about Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I feel like we should talk about that statue, those big herrings and the hat ........of all the ways to depict Moira
    I was thinking the same thing! Is that really the only reference they have of Moira, it looks like the outfit she wore when she met Xavier in a park.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Question: Did the original Reavers appear as well, or just me ones?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Just new ones. They seemed pretty generic honestly. I think they could’ve done a little more to make them actually compelling villains personally, instead of rejects from Resident Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! Is that really the only reference they have of Moira, it looks like the outfit she wore when she met Xavier in a park.
    I don't know if it is an intentional reference to that moment in time done by Emma & her trusty sidekick Kate or just a lazy artistic depiction.....this woman is supposed to be a renown Nobel prize winner geneticist

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier finds out seconds before Magneto using his telepathy.

But yes, the implication is that Emma is doing a power move to Magneto and Xavier: "I know your little secret and you can't do anything to prevent it."
    Sorry.. read this at 3:30am and was tired. Just looked over the scene again. Yup.. they’re like “wtf?! Just clap and try and smile”

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    That was amazing! I felt like crying on this scene.
    vvv.jpg
    I loved this moment too. Mutants being given the opportunity to heal.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Just new ones. They seemed pretty generic honestly. I think they could’ve done a little more to make them actually compelling villains personally, instead of rejects from Resident Evil.
    Donald Pierce also appeared, but not with the new Reavers. He's now Madripoor's ambassador to the UN. At least I'm pretty sure that was him, they didn't give him a textbox intro.