Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I did not know Sam Alexander existed until 2016. Part of that is due to comic book stores NOT selling his first run as Nova.

Torres came at a time if it was not straight white male at Marvel folks were trying to get it axed, folks fired and being as toxic as they can be. So he was going to get overshadowed by that.

We have to remember not all these books are sold everywhere and some don't get coverage.

Marvel wanting to invest in Reptil-well look at him from a merchandise stand point.

We can start with toys alone-you can't go wrong with dinos.

Marvel probably sees how well Beast Boy's book sold-it was among the highest pro-orders on Amazon and stays in the 100-pending what new movie or show comes out.
    Maybe, I suppose. Though I wonder how come I'm so in-tuned to many of these characters, then?

So anyone think some Dinosaur themed villains like Stegron or the Saur Lords should be a part of Reptils rogues gallery? I thought they would work as villains for Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur but that ship has sailed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So anyone think some Dinosaur themed villains like Stegron or the Saur Lords should be a part of Reptils rogues gallery? I thought they would work as villains for Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur but that ship has sailed.
    Stegron is my choice but I rather have more variety in who heroes fight.

Astonishing Member

Possible. I'd also like one that's original to Reptil, though. Someone who'd be his contemporary in any other regards, so basically a dino-themed teen adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I doubt Marvel will push him unless they put him on a team, Reptril came at a time where Marvel was experimenting with new heroes, basically the youth push dating back to Gravity and Runaways...then Miles Morales happened and later on Kamala Khan, Legacy Heroes became the norm and Reptil got lost, didn't help the book he was in was Avengers Arena and his last moment on the book put him on ice as Kamala Khan, Robbie Reyes and Sam stole the spotlight and pushed basically the chunk of the Avengers Academy cast aside. Granted they are slowly bringing back that push, even rezzing Power Pack and Squirrel Girl but I have to as assume Bilas first book is something small scale, gotta work small to go big.
    Well, Blas said he loves Champions. Maybe when Danny Lore is done with the book (I don't know if he's just doing Killer App or is on it long term), he could take over, and add Reptil to the team? It would be interesting to see Humberto interact with Sam and Joaquin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Blas said he loves Champions. Maybe when Danny Lore is done with the book (I don't know if he's just doing Killer App or is on it long term), he could take over, and add Reptil to the team? It would be interesting to see Humberto interact with Sam and Joaquin.
    That’s what I’m thinking he’d be a great fit for that team..

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Possible. I'd also like one that's original to Reptil, though. Someone who'd be his contemporary in any other regards, so basically a dino-themed teen adversary.
    I think someone who can turn their body parts into prehistoric plants would make for an interesting adversary.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

I think someone who can turn their body parts into prehistoric plants would make for an interesting adversary.
    A plant or mineral based villain would be an amusing nod towards DCs Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man.

One villain could have the properties of many different types of plant life, and be able to generate plant growth out of themself, like grow a massive wooden carapace and assume redwood like heights, or shoot out entangling vines, or toxic thorns, or allergen-inducing pollen or whatever. Much like Reptil himself, the plant-person would have a lot of versatility, with all the different plant options out there.

The other could just be a big rock monster. Something that Reptil couldn't just tank with dino-attacks, but have to outmaneuver with dino-wings and lure into danger, like how Spider-Man took out Juggernaut (by luring him into a situation where he could trip him into liquid cement or something).

We could also have a villain that can summon meteors or comets. It would be funny since the hero can turn into dinosaurs.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Going back to the Avengers Academy series, Reptil was hesitant to be looked at as a 'role model' superhero compared to White Tiger, who confronts him on this. For this upcoming mini series I wonder how his outlook has evolved. pun intended.

I'm hoping Finesse pops up even if they are exes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Going back to the Avengers Academy series, Reptil was hesitant to be looked at as a 'role model' superhero compared to White Tiger, who confronts him on this. For this upcoming mini series I wonder how his outlook has evolved. pun intended.
    Ooh! Good memory!

That's actually a really good "small moment" that could be used to expand on Humberto's characterization. I hope that'll be directly addressed and incorporated into Reptil in this mini, especially since Blas seems to be lining him up to become a kind of Latine/Hispanic face among teen heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Would it be strange for me to say that I'd be perfectly fine with Reptil and Finesse are never referenced with each other as a couple (ex or otherwise) again?

I liked Finesse well enough in general. I especially enjoyed her character arc. But I didn't really care that much for the whole romance and implied future parents of each other's child thing Avengers Academy were doing. I dunno. Part of me feels that it felt like they were trying to push a teen-romance angle with Humberto there that he didn't necessarily need to go through (especially a "by-the-numbers" straight teen-romance angle, what with Mettle and Hazmat already covering that angle superbly and with Striker not getting anything romance-wise beyond him coming out as gay in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Would it be strange for me to say that I'd be perfectly fine with Reptil and Finesse are never referenced with each other as a couple (ex or otherwise) again?

I liked Finesse well enough in general. I especially enjoyed her character arc. But I didn't really care that much for the whole romance and implied future parents of each other's child thing Avengers Academy were doing. I dunno. Part of me feels that it felt like they were trying to push a teen-romance angle with Humberto there that he didn't necessarily need to go through (especially a "by-the-numbers" straight teen-romance angle, what with Mettle and Hazmat already covering that angle superbly and with Striker not getting anything romance-wise beyond him coming out as gay in the first place).
    From what I remember of their relationship it felt pretty far from being by-the-numbers just because of how emotionally complex and difficult Finesse was.

I thought he and Spider-Girl were cute though...

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She does, in a flashback to Avengers Academy. Can't see her getting more than that though, last we saw, she was working with Nadia Van Dyne. Which would mean she should be in New York. This story isn't set in the Big Apple.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman