Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I disagree. I think it says Marvel is still willing to take measured risks on an idea/character when presented with a good idea.

Think of all those characters Marvel just said, you get an ongoing, and you get an ongoing that never made it to 10/12 issues. An Elektra run, Red Wolf, Deathlok(Henry Hayes) Morbius(2 of them), Black Knight, Hercules and plenty of others like Red She-Hulk taking over Red Hulk or Sif in Journey into Mystery(both only 10 issues).

If this sells well then maybe he gets another mini, this time SIX issues. Recall even Tim Drake Robin and Eddie/Venom started their "proof of validity" in a series of mini-series. I say recall, I'm that old and been around.
    Yeah. The thing about comics is that unless you’re an a lister or someone who has always played an integral role in the larger universe, it’s tough to maintain an ongoing. I think the current approach is a good way to test the waters with a character.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I prefer him getting a miniseries than being stuck in backups. But going from 6 issues to 4 feels lame to me.
    Minis always used to be 4 issues. When they expanded to 6 I don't feel like we got anymore actual story out of them, just stretching it thin to fill the extra issues. I prefer 4 issues if it results in a tighter story.

Astonishing Member

I just wish that since we were getting a mini for him that it would be the full 6, which is the current-day standard.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Minis always used to be 4 issues. When they expanded to 6 I don't feel like we got anymore actual story out of them, just stretching it thin to fill the extra issues. I prefer 4 issues if it results in a tighter story.
    I'm glad they upped it to 6, then. If "Batman and The Signal" is anything for me to go by, which was 3, having more issues is much better than having less. A 6-issue run can be just as tight in its story, if that's really the big concern for the given story. Moreover, though, it can also have room to breathe, which is just as important. (Considering today's storytelling climate, I feel that's an importance that shouldn't be undervalued, even though it often is.)

Anyone think he’ll eventually get the ability to turn full Dino without going feral?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Reptil is spinning off a new hero!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...1-announcement
    Writer Terry Blas introduces a brand-new hero in an action-packed adventure spinning out of his acclaimed REPTIL series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice! That's actually really great to hear, as it's a sign that he and his work with Reptil is being received positively.

Wonder which Latine Hero will it be?

I thought it could be Berto's cousin. The one who knows magic.

Edit- I was referring to Eva.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-21-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it could be Berto's cousin. The one who knows magic.
    At the moment, that seems the most likely, yes.

A magic user... could he be the new Sorcerer Supreme? Dr Strange is dying.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Wait, "he"? And not "she"?

I was talking about Eva not Julian. Remember he has two cousins the book focuses on.

God I hope she doesn't replace Dr. strange after he dies. That's the fastest way to get everyone to hate her.

Issue 3 was a decent denouement to the story. My theory about Desjardins was right.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-21-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

The dynamic Humberto has with his two cousins is wonderful! That unabashed familial connection is something I realize he really needed, and something he never really had the space to explore having, even during the Avenger Academy (what with having to saddle romantic/sexual relations and being a leader to an entire young team). To that end, Eva and Julian are both excellent additions!