Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

You know what? I want reptil’s rogues gallery to be entirely prehistoric themed. We can even have Sauron be an enemy of his.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You know what? I want reptil’s rogues gallery to be entirely prehistoric themed. We can even have Sauron be an enemy of his.
    I'm the opposite. Prehistoric villians could get old real fast and I rather he have a bit more variety. It should be a theme and a start but not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm the opposite. Prehistoric villians could get old real fast and I rather he have a bit more variety. It should be a theme and a start but not the only one.
    Agreed. We also need to remember that the talisman that gives him powers is of magic origins. Maybe we can see him fight some magic villains too.

Heh, just had a fun thought. They could tie Reptil to the Acambaro figures. These are figures that were "found" in Mexico and they depict dinosaurs among them. They've been debunked as forgeries, but that hasn't stopped Marvel before, they could tie a ridiculous story with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Agreed. We also need to remember that the talisman that gives him powers is of magic origins. Maybe we can see him fight some magic villains too.

Heh, just had a fun thought. They could tie Reptil to the Acambaro figures. These are figures that were "found" in Mexico and they depict dinosaurs among them. They've been debunked as forgeries, but that hasn't stopped Marvel before, they could tie a ridiculous story with them.
    There's a crumb of a story there. It might be worth looking into.

I checked out the first issue today and it's a fun start.

The first issue is off to a great start so far. I’m hoping that eventually he’ll get the power to turn full Dino without losing control of himself.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Starting to think I should go support this book as it is a new hero that isnt a legacy

Read first issue and I really liked it.

I wasn't sure what my expectations were for this series, but I really enjoyed the first issue.

Is it weird that I want the taco truck guy to stick around?

Ultimate Member

I missed this at the comic shop on Wednesday, so I'll have to go back and see if they have any left today.

I hope we get to see some guest-appearances from other Latin heroes, like Sunspot, Inferno or Living Lightning, or America Chavez, Anya Corazon or one of the White Tigers.

(It is amusing that there are like, barely a dozen Latino heroes, and some of them are barely remembered one-shots like Defensor, and there are almost 25 Latinas, including a ton of mutants like Wind-Dancer, Shark Girl, Risque, Cecelia Reyes, etc. and even some blink-and-you-missed-them Avengers like Firebird, Silverclaw, Echo/Ronin and Synapse.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 05-28-2021 at 03:44 AM.

Issue 2 came out today and I enjoyed it. Berto's cousin is dabbling in magic. We get an explanation of who the big bad and what he may want. I have another theory on who he is. We also get to go to another realm and learn about Berto's powers.

Some of the dialog is earnest but preachy.

Astonishing Member

This only being 4 issues instead of 6 is kind of a cold slap, what with how well they seem to be reintroducing Humberto and redefining his purpose and sense of agency, not to mention all the cool character and lore expansions that fill in the gaps he's long had as a character.

Reptil was a character built for solo and has loads of solo potential, like so many other teen heroes and characters in general. It's just that Reptil and others were never fully followed through on that solo potential. This book is doing such a good job, I wish it wasn't so temporary and short, even for a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This only being 4 issues instead of 6 is kind of a cold slap, what with how well they seem to be reintroducing Humberto and redefining his purpose and sense of agency, not to mention all the cool character and lore expansions that fill in the gaps he's long had as a character.

Reptil was a character built for solo and has loads of solo potential, like so many other teen heroes and characters in general. It's just that Reptil and others were never fully followed through on that solo potential. This book is doing such a good job, I wish it wasn't so temporary and short, even for a mini.
    Me too. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Issue 2 came out today and I enjoyed it. Berto's cousin is dabbling in magic. We get an explanation of who the big bad and what he may want. I have another theory on who he is. We also get to go to another realm and learn about Berto's powers.
    I'm pretty sure your theory is right, without even having heard it.

I'm liking this mini, it has the feel of a classic Marvel book to me. I also like when obscure characters like the Hag of the Pits are used. I hope the sales on this are good enough to warrant a sequel.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This only being 4 issues instead of 6 is kind of a cold slap.....
    I disagree. I think it says Marvel is still willing to take measured risks on an idea/character when presented with a good idea.

Think of all those characters Marvel just said, you get an ongoing, and you get an ongoing that never made it to 10/12 issues. An Elektra run, Red Wolf, Deathlok(Henry Hayes) Morbius(2 of them), Black Knight, Hercules and plenty of others like Red She-Hulk taking over Red Hulk or Sif in Journey into Mystery(both only 10 issues).

If this sells well then maybe he gets another mini, this time SIX issues. Recall even Tim Drake Robin and Eddie/Venom started their "proof of validity" in a series of mini-series. I say recall, I'm that old and been around.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I prefer him getting a miniseries than being stuck in backups. But going from 6 issues to 4 feels lame to me.