Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Little kids who first saw him on Superhero Squad 12 years ago, are old enough to have income now.

Makes sense to have him back in comics.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Your in this meetings? I mean of course you’d have to have some writing credentials and the pitch would really have to sell them. I’d imagine that’s what happened with Reptil here
    Were YOU in this meeting? Oh wait, this is just how you 'imagine' it works.

You asked a question. I answered with my experience of what Marvel has published in the last 45+ years, and information I've read from Tom Brevroot, Alex Alonso, Joe Q and other Marvel editors interviews and posts, as well as tons of writers and artists talking about their pitches, what books they'd love to do, and how they got gigs at Marvel.

There's also this on their website, important info highlighted.

Submission requests

Marvel does not accept or consider any ideas, creative suggestions, artwork, designs, game proposals, scripts, manuscripts, or similar material unless we have specifically requested it from you. Marvel is continuously developing and creating its own ideas and materials, and we don’t have the resources to review or respond to unsolicited material. Unfortunately, any unsolicited material you send will not be read or shared. It will be destroyed, and it will not be returned.

While we can’t accept your unsolicited submissions, please know that Marvel is always looking for new comic book artists and writers. We constantly read and review indie, self-published, creator-owned, and web-comics, review popular online art communities, ask other artists for opinions and recommendations, and host portfolio reviews at conventions from time to time. If you are an aspiring comic book artist or writer, we suggest you publish or publicly post your material, continue to create, and if you have the right stuff...we’ll find you.
    https://www.marvel.com/help/category/17/topic/30

The exception seems to be people famous outside of comics, like CM Punk, Patton Oswald, JJ Abrams, Kevin Smith, etc. who are given books, ostensibly, with their choice of characters -- and even then, I'm sure Marvel STRONGLY suggests characters that fit in with their publishing strategies at the moment.

Marvel editorial CHOOSES which characters they want to push, and often try to 'make' characters / teams happen, while completely ignoring proven or fan favorite characters.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-17-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m okay with this. You’ve got to give other heroes a shot.

Have no idea who this guy is but new heroes are always ALWAYS welcome in this growing universe

I wouldn't say I was excited about this... the only time I ever saw him was avengers Arena and that was a trainwreck. That said, I don't have a problem with it either. He's a hispanic character with a fairly unique power set.... and he's not immediately taking the 'mantle' of a character I like more. I say give him a shot and see what happens

Ultimate Member

Wow, I first saw Reptil in Initiative, and then Avengers Academy, and he was one of my favorites there. (I liked Finesse more, but she's a much harder sell.)

Since his powers expanded over the course of AA from 'dino-parts' to full dino-forms (after the encounter with Korvac), he's got some fun potential.

That said, my first thought was 'Is it April 1st?'

He looks like a disney XD character. That probably fits the target audience lol.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

best of luck to reptil.

Incredible Member

You all keep saying he is "hispanic" but what country is he from?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    You all keep saying he is "hispanic" but what country is he from?
    Nevada, USA

Incredible Member

So not hispanic then, as a Latin American, born, raised, and living in Latinamerica I don't feel represented by a gringo who is fighting for Murica.

I hope this series also reintroduces some more Initiative members.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Page not found

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This is pretty cool. I miss back when Marvel was giving an ongoing book for everyone and their mothers. I don't even care if most ended up cancelled; it was nice getting some different, out of the box characters headlining stuff for a change.

Mighty Member

While I am not the target audience for this, I glad Marvel is still willing to put out comics for lesser know characters, that might appeal to kids.