Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Cool cover .

y'all better not be surprised when we see him in live action sometime in the next 12 years
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He originally wanted to do Hummingbird? That would’ve been interesting, Aztec mythology really doesn’t get as much shine as Greek or Norse mythology. Especially since it’s implied she could be the reincarnation of an Aztec god.
    Yeah, the notion of a character based on Huitzilopochtli 'the left-handed hummingbird' is interesting, but he was kind of a war god, and associated with fighting and, IIRC, speed, so her being a flying empath/telepath seemed weird to me, more like she was channeling someone like Chalchiuhtlicue (sp?).

Heroes (or villains) based on those concepts does sound fun. A Tezcatlipoca-based character who can transform into (or summon) a shadowy jaguar and / or step through 'the smoking mirror' and either short-range teleport through mirrors *or* smoke? Sounds fun. Hard to capture, since they can vanish into darkness *or* dive into any reflective surface to get away, and come leaping out of any such surface in black jaguar form to attack. Typically Tezcatlipoca is seen as an evil god, but 'bad guy' gods like Loki are getting seen in a new light these days, so perhaps even a hero could be empowered by them!

And that's just one. Camazotz could be fun as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    y'all better not be surprised when we see him in live action sometime in the next 12 years
    Seeing his powers on the big screen will be incredible.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

This is the best possible sweat for the new heroes who are not legacy darlings.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

That is an amazing cover. I honestly can’t wait for this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I was hoping he'd already be in Agents of Shield or something. I was more invested in Avengers Academy and Runaways getting adapted than YA but beggars can't be choosers.

Him getting a solo film within the next decade would be cool tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, the notion of a character based on Huitzilopochtli 'the left-handed hummingbird' is interesting, but he was kind of a war god, and associated with fighting and, IIRC, speed, so her being a flying empath/telepath seemed weird to me, more like she was channeling someone like Chalchiuhtlicue (sp?).

Heroes (or villains) based on those concepts does sound fun. A Tezcatlipoca-based character who can transform into (or summon) a shadowy jaguar and / or step through 'the smoking mirror' and either short-range teleport through mirrors *or* smoke? Sounds fun. Hard to capture, since they can vanish into darkness *or* dive into any reflective surface to get away, and come leaping out of any such surface in black jaguar form to attack. Typically Tezcatlipoca is seen as an evil god, but 'bad guy' gods like Loki are getting seen in a new light these days, so perhaps even a hero could be empowered by them!

And that's just one. Camazotz could be fun as well!
    That sounds cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-21-2021 at 02:55 PM.

I guess within 12 years I wouldn't rule it out, but I guess it depends on what's going on with the MCU. They're going through the "big" names right now.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The interview with the writer was good a few pages back. So the idea his intelligence takes a back seat in "full dino" is an ineresting one. I thought, "dumb hulk" or more OG Lizard from Spider-man. Perhaps being akin to Grimlock from TF is "too smart"? It would seem only logical that if more minis or an ongoing were to happen he would encounter other dino themed characters like Stegron. Some from the Savage Land I don't recall off hand as well.

The art looked pretty good in those preview pages. I'll either get the trade or find the issues in $1 boxes a year from now but I likely will read this. If a second mini or ongoing is announced quick I'll for sure get the trade vs wait for $1 book finds at shows.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Adventures in Poor Taste had an early review.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/24/reptil-1-review/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Adventures in Poor Taste had an early review.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/24/reptil-1-review/
    It's spoiler-free, but the reviewer was definitely in favor of the issue.

From what it seems, Blas is indeed tapping into Humberto's past continuity, perhaps leaning more into Avengers Academy than Avengers Arena. The reviewer seems confident that in addition to being new-reader friendly, anyone who's ever wanted Reptil to have his own solo since back when he was a thing during Academy and Arena will love the book.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-25-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Glad he’s getting his own villains from what I’m seeing so far. I still say Stegron should be repurposed as a Reptil rogue. Spider-Man isn’t really losing anything if Stegron gets removed from his rogues gallery.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Glad he’s getting his own villains from what I’m seeing so far. I still say Stegron should be repurposed as a Reptil rogue. Spider-Man isn’t really losing anything if Stegron gets removed from his rogues gallery.
    Agreed. Peter could do with more original villains that aren't old rehashes and retreads, anyway, and can certainly afford to "donate" more of his chronically underused villains to other, more needy properties. Especially the ones that feel out of place being Peter Parker's foes in the first place.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-25-2021 at 08:15 PM.

I love Stegron and his utter dinosaur superiority always slapping Spider-Man away with his invincible tail .