Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

"In the wake of Kamala's Law..." - right, so it's an Outlawed tie-in then. I bet this was originally due last summer, but they never announced it because of COVID.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, it's nice to see someone remembers Reptil exists.

BANNED

People her series are typically based off pitches and writers who want to write a character, right? Why hate on a character cause your preferred one didn’t get a book

I'm not even sure who this character is. Could someone please fill me in?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not even sure who this character is. Could someone please fill me in?
    Was made for the Super Hero Squad show but had a one shot beforehand before joining the Avengers Academy series, later ended up in Arena and was thought to be dead aside from a cameo in the last Bendis issue of Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    People her series are typically based off pitches and writers who want to write a character, right? Why hate on a character cause your preferred one didn’t get a book
    I think because the carrot gets dangled on for so long, it's insulting one end, there's a good story on TV but on the end they do want (comics), no one wants to touch her because of one thing because one writer really loves screwing over women.

Yeah I think this was meant to tie in to Outlawed but who knows where that book ends with that Law. I wonder if the rumored tie ins are also coming.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Uhn, no. Unless you're an extra famous person, Marvel doesn't let the creatives pick which characters get books, much less ongoings.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I think he was created for the cartoon but was later put into the comics
    He’s been around since the mid 2000’s.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

I think because the carrot gets dangled on for so long, it's insulting one end, there's a good story on TV but on the end they do want (comics), no one wants to touch her because of one thing because one writer really loves screwing over women.

Yeah I think this was meant to tie in to Outlawed but who knows where that book ends with that Law. I wonder if the rumored tie ins are also coming.
    Those shows and movie adaptions are based off existing comics. And even then a show for characters being successful doesn’t always translate to the comics for the same character being successful. I will admit it is weird Wanda isn’t really being prominently featured in the comics given she’s probably the most talked about Marvel character right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Uhn, no. Unless you're an extra famous person, Marvel doesn't let the creatives pick which characters get books, much less ongoings.
    Your in this meetings? I mean of course you’d have to have some writing credentials and the pitch would really have to sell them. I’d imagine that’s what happened with Reptil here

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That half true, if the pitches work, they get the books, it's the first writers that have it harder unless you are established

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Was made for the Super Hero Squad show but had a one shot beforehand before joining the Avengers Academy series, later ended up in Arena and was thought to be dead aside from a cameo in the last Bendis issue of Miles Morales.....

Thanks for the info.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Those shows and movie adaptions are based off existing comics. And even then a show for characters being successful doesn’t always translate to the comics for the same character being successful. I will admit it is weird Wanda isn’t really being prominently featured in the comics given she’s probably the most talked about Marvel character right now.
    She's not in any comics at all and hasn't been for months and isn't scheduled to for at least the next few months. Same with Vision. It's bizarre. How much more famous do they have to get before Marvel decides to use them?

I'm not picking on this series, which might be good. It's just so very weird to see that literally nothing can convince them to raise the profiles of Wanda and Vision.

Thought he got exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Thought he got exploded.
    ...I think he got brought back during either Secret Wars or Secret Empire. Don't quote me on that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Thought he got exploded.
    No. His death in AVENGERS ARENA was never confirmed. We saw his body being recovered by SHIELD when the heroes were finally able to enter Murderworld to get the prisoners out, but nothing was ever stated on-panel whether he was alive or dead.

Understandably people assumed he was dead since he didn't show up in the sequel series, but he did eventually turn up alive and well in a cameo appearance in Bendis' final issue of IRON MAN.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "In the wake of Kamala's Law..." - right, so it's an Outlawed tie-in then. I bet this was originally due last summer, but they never announced it because of COVID.
    Except that solicits tell us the Kamala's Law situation will be lasting beyond the "Outlawed" tie-in arc of CHAMPIONS. Its not self-contained to that 'event', just like the Super Human Registration Act wasn't self-contained to the CIVIL WAR event. There is no reason to think this was planned to be part of "Outlawed", given that it was not solicited when CHAMPIONS, POWER PACK and NEW WARRIORS all were.