Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah, I haven't made a secret of how little I thought about this book. It has changed my attitude toward the Mignolaverse. I would pre-order pretty much every series, sight unseen. Now I will wait to preview the art for what they put out in the future, I don't trust them to keep up the quality they once had. Lady Baltimore has also been a complete disappointment.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, I haven't made a secret of how little I thought about this book. It has changed my attitude toward the Mignolaverse. I would pre-order pretty much every series, sight unseen. Now I will wait to preview the art for what they put out in the future, I don't trust them to keep up the quality they once had. Lady Baltimore has also been a complete disappointment.
    Maybe on the Hellboy-side it's a case of "Where do you go next after you ended the world?"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why am I so tempted to reply with

NOTE: Read issues #1-4 but haven't picked up issue #5 yet.
    Of the first four, I read issue #1 then read #2-4 together several months later. I will admit the issues may have been a bit "light", but found them to still be a pleasant diversion so far.
    Yeah, I didn't think this was terrible either. The pacing wasn't the greatest, I think this easily could have been three issues rather than five if they did more showing rather than telling...but no way was this the worst. The Visitor was definitely Hellboy's lowest point by a wide country mile.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I finally read the HC. Contrary to most here, I loved this story! I like Agatha Christie's Poirot, and it was this but in the Hellboy universe. I absolutely loved the clean art style. Some other titles are looking very sketchy and rough, so it's nice to nice architecture and characters that looks very defined.

Along with The Sword of Hyperborea, this was my favorite read of all the HC collection to date. I hope they do more Sarah Jewell mysteries in the future.
    Last edited by Morsoth; 01-08-2024 at 12:33 PM.