Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good News! AQUAMAN is getting an ANIMATED SERIES! Bad News! It looks like THIS!

James Wan will be producing the animated series AQUAMAN: KING OF ATLANTIS for HBO Max.

https://www.cbr.com/hbo-maxs-aquaman...ts-first-look/

I really can't believe that they think Thundercats-ing Aquaman is going to be a good idea. We just got rid of that show, and now they're going to do it again!

Won't they ever learn?

Here's the synopsis:

Quote Originally Posted by HBO Max
    The series begins with Aquaman’s first day on the job as king of Atlantis and he’s got a LOT of catching up to do. Luckily, he has his two royal advisors to back him up -- Vulko, the scholar, and Mera, the water controlling warrior-princess. Between dealing with unscrupulous surface dwellers, elder evils from beyond time and his own half-brother who wants to overthrow him, Aquaman is going to have to rise to the challenge and prove to his subjects, and to himself, that he’s the right man for the trident!

This looks so completely beyond awful that I really wonder what the powers that be are seeing that we don't.

Aquaman hasn't had a solo animated series in about 55 years. This was NOT worth the wait.

What's so terrible about realistically drawn characters? What's the fascination with this juvenile drivel?

Anybody out there have a more positive take on this?

Just seeing this pic ensures that I will not be watching the show!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Man that art style just turns me OFF.

Yeah, I have not been a fan of this art style for the past 10+ years, and yet it keeps on trucking...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, I have not been a fan of this art style for the past 10+ years, and yet it keeps on trucking...
    Nepotism/cronyism, perhaps? Hit or succeed Victor Courtright and Marly Halpern-Graser will simply do it again with the next property.

Where the heck did this style even start?
    Was it a lowest bidder situation?

It doesn't look that great but I'll hold off jugemint until I actually watch it.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Where the heck did this style even start?
    Was it a lowest bidder situation?
    Something about CalArts which is a place a lot of people get trained. Not sure about that but the simplified designs probably is easier to design and animate and with the success of Teen Titans Go it probably dinged some sort of bulb where things should reflect that. It's also been used on a few successful shows leading to perceptions of ease in animating.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

CalArts style animation isn’t always bad (see Steven Universe).

But this...what the **** is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I really can't believe that they think Thundercats-ing Aquaman is going to be a good idea. We just got rid of that show, and now they're going to do it again!
    Ah, I'm going to assume that we of CBR are not the target audience, but more along the lines of Teen Titans Go, Steven Universe, and even the latest Ninja Turtle cartoon.

The rest of us over the age of, oh, say, 25 or so have a lot more entertainment options than the 7 year olds this style is meant for. Heck, the audience for this type of animation is too young for most DC Animated movies, and aside from the various TV shows the movies are likely the biggest selection on something like HBO Max.

Looks poggers! I remember people said the new she-ra was bad because of the animation and its on of my favourite shows now!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ah, I'm going to assume that we of CBR are not the target audience, but more along the lines of Teen Titans Go, Steven Universe, and even the latest Ninja Turtle cartoon.

The rest of us over the age of, oh, say, 25 or so have a lot more entertainment options than the 7 year olds this style is meant for. Heck, the audience for this type of animation is too young for most DC Animated movies, and aside from the various TV shows the movies are likely the biggest selection on something like HBO Max.
    Look man if you are telling me that as a 39 year old man that I cant get mad about a style of animation for a show for a hero I dont care about on a streaming service I dont even have when I am 30 years past the age of the target audience then I dont even know what I am doign with life any more.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Aquaman has been a joke for quite a while, this kinda makes sense if you think about it. I know someone is going to say the movie proves that he is badass, true but The movie was also kinda goofy as well. This clearly isn't meant for me but a format where tell you can inside jokes on the character works for Aquaman some 6-year-old is going to love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Aquaman has been a joke for quite a while, this kinda makes sense if you think about it. I know someone is going to say the movie proves that he is badass, true but The movie was also kinda goofy as well. This clearly isn't meant for me but a format where tell you can inside jokes on the character works for Aquaman some 6-year-old is going to love this show.
    I guess he is a joke if you haven't read any of the comics he is in and just go on what you see on family guy....

I hate this style of artwork it looks so cheap and creepy, hard pass. I feel sorry for the kids today.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-17-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."