Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Speaking of animation, I found this interesting. Most of these are on Youtube.

https://www.oldest.org/entertainment/cartoons/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Here's the trailer
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DC_Animat...54093413376005

My eyes they hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Here's the trailer
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DC_Animat...54093413376005

My eyes they hurt
    I feel like this will have its fans but they could do so much better with the property.

Sponge Bob Aquaman.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

yuck, who's the target audience for this anyway?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    yuck, who's the target audience for this anyway?
    Millions of kids and teenagers everywhere?

I mean, it's not my jam either but there's a very obvious reason there are so many shows with a similar look.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sponge Bob Aquaman.
    It almost feels like they could've gone for an Adventure Time look, which I would've liked. Otherwise...ehhh, I'll watch it, but I'm not expecting anything amazing.

Well, this drivel is set to premiere tomorrow on HBO Max and will air weekly for 3 weeks. According to wiki, each episode will be 45 minutes. That's a long run time to sustain this type of comedy.

As I said in my OP, it's such a shame that after 55 years since the first Aquaman animated series, this is what they went with.

Aquaman has such an interesting and rich lore and milieu to explore with all the kingdoms Geoff Johns introduced plus the possibility of tying it into the 80s Arion, Lord of Atlantis series to give the backstory even more historical depth.

It could have been a sweeping, grand adventure series if done seriously and with realistic character designs, but instead they went lazy and stupid.

DC/Warners is so tone deaf with their stuff, it's astonishing. They've really squandered all the goodwill they had with their billion dollar Aquaman movie because they didn't follow it up with anything else -- no animated movies, no toys, no video games, nothing except this.

They might have been caught by surprise by Aquaman's success, but you think they would have had enough time to course correct and build a proper Aquaman franchise. All they've done in the comics is spotlight another one of their replacement 5G characters and not do a whole hell of a lot with the original guy that people loved in the movies.

I try to support any comics-related media project, so I'll likely watch the HBO Max miniseries, but it's really a perfunctory watch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I try to support any comics-related media project, so I'll likely watch the HBO Max miniseries, but it's really a perfunctory watch for me.
    Well you are on your own. I refuse to help Victor Courtright continue to fail upwards. Yesterday it was Thundercats Go. Now today it's Aquaman. The line must be drawn LOL.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-13-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest