Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I've been asking for a Aquaman animated series for so long
    (Finger on Money's Paw curls)
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

You know this only a 3 episode mini series.
    Not saying that makes it better just this isn't an ongoing thing.

Extraordinary Member

Adventure Time and Steven Universe were two hit shows that used this art style (I have no idea how the Thundercats remake did).

So it's basically bandwagoning. They probably are
    targeting the age group that Steven Universe was for.

Harley Quinn is for the grown ups.

BANNED

I've seen Harley Quinn, there's nothing grown up about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    I've seen Harley Quinn, there's nothing grown up about that.
    Not all grown ups need "mature" cartoons. See Family Guys. Sometimes grown up means funny shit you can't show kids. Nothing inherently wrong with that, just not for every grown up.

You know this only a 3 episode mini series.
    Not saying that makes it better just this isn't an ongoing thing.
    Really? Well then I don't see any problem at the very least we will probably get a fun kid friendly show kinda like TTGO.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

WTF is that supposed to be? oO

... rhetorical question.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not all grown ups need "mature" cartoons. See Family Guys. Sometimes grown up means funny shit you can't show kids. Nothing inherently wrong with that, just not for every grown up.
    Wouldn't be a problem if it was actually funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    He was a joke when he sat on lasso and confessed his feelings, He was a joke when he runs around scream "wahooooo". That was on the big screen is it bad that Aquaman is little bit goofy surfer bro at times? No that makes him entertaining and works in his favor actually. But fans seem think that Jason Momoa scowling and Johns run can erase all the time aquaman seems like a goofy concept. Even Johns played with the joke a little to subvert it.

If Aquaman was a joke in that movie what about Flash, who was made to look a comical character? In JL Aquaman does not look a joke at all, he looks more like a dour badass.
    So what that Johns did a joke? he explained the reason to that and how to get rid of the general misconception "We just deal with it, head on." By using the jokes to his advantage.
    Besides since Johns nobody considers Aquaman a joke in comics(not that he ever was) and after the movie even non comic readers. As a matter of fact the most heard comment about him after the movie "Never thought he was that Awesome".
    The misconception you a now a few others derives from the cartoons superfriends. But sorry to tell you its an outdated concept.

Extraordinary Member

I remember coming up and ppl saying drawing would be obsolete and you wouldn't need to know how to draw to make good animation. I knew they were wrong then and they're damn sure wrong now. smdh...

Wouldn't be a problem if it was actually funny.
    I found it funny - others have too, hence why it's been renewed a few times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I found it funny - others have too, hence why it's been renewed a few times.
    Teen Titans Go has been renewed numerous times, so that means very little.

Loved the Teen Titans Go movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I remember coming up and ppl saying drawing would be obsolete and you wouldn't need to know how to draw to make good animation. I knew they were wrong then and they're damn sure wrong now. smdh...
    Indeed, the proof is in the pudding as they say and this is one ugly ass pile of mush.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    If Aquaman was a joke in that movie what about Flash, who was made to look a comical character? In JL Aquaman does not look a joke at all, he looks more like a dour badass.
    So what that Johns did a joke? he explained the reason to that and how to get rid of the general misconception "We just deal with it, head on." By using the jokes to his advantage.
    Besides since Johns nobody considers Aquaman a joke in comics(not that he ever was) and after the movie even non comic readers. As a matter of fact the most heard comment about him after the movie "Never thought he was that Awesome".
    The misconception you a now a few others derives from the cartoons superfriends. But sorry to tell you its an outdated concept.
    You guys don't think the inherent concept and execution of Aquaman is silly therefore everybody in the world thinks that way. Okay I guess Aquaman keeps get used in campy stuff by accident then.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-19-2021 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Never mind