Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The series has an art style that is more suited to fluid animation and dynamic action scenes. How horrible
    I mean, a lot of cartoons have "an art style that is more suited to fluid animation and dynamic action scenes" without also being butt ugly. The two aren't exactly joined at the hip.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Is it a 3 episode miniseries? The CBR article I linked to in my OP says that the series will be split into 3 parts, so it may be a full 13-episode season that is doled out 3 or 4 at a time.
    That's not how that works though, if they say 3 part miniseries it typically means 3 episodes, if the show was over 13 episodes long they wouldn't use the term miniseries, and if they planned to release the episodes that way they'd just say it and not call it a three part series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Thing is, kids aren't the ones with the money to buy toys. Their parents are.
    Yeah. These parents still buy toys from TTGO for their kids. Kids maybe don't have the money, but their parents buy toys for them (and kids likely ask for them).

This still means that they try to create animation that are attractive to children.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-20-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I think you have a point here, actually. I remember reading that a series, Young Justice I think, originally got canceled by Cartoon Network because it was getting too many older viewers and not selling enough toys.

OK, so this Aquaman garbage is what a bunch of middle-aged network execs think kids would like.

But why NOT make an Aquaman series for ALL ages like the continuation of Young Justice? Even Batman: The Animated Series and Gargoyles, while aimed at kids and had to adhere to certain network restrictions, could still be enjoyed by all ages.

This Aquaman series seems almost condescending in the way it's made to look deliberately dumb. If the goal is to guarantee toy sales, I don't think any kid would really buy a toy that looks like this.

Does Steven Universe sell a lot of toys? I'm sure they exist, but I've never actually seen one.
    A problem with this argument is that you assume kids couldn't find this design attractive, because you don't like (or that they need to be dumb to like these designs).

Honestly, I find these designs pretty horrible, but we don't know if kids will find these designs so terrible. They may like these designs.

Of course, if it's possible most kids will find these designs pretty horrible too (Thundercats roar was unpopular), but we don't know yet.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-20-2021 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    A problem with this argument is that you assume kids couldn't find this design attractive, because you don't like (or that they need to be dumb to like these designs).

Honestly, I find these designs pretty horrible, but we don't know if kids will find these designs so terrible. They may like these designs.

Of course, if it's possible most kids will find these designs pretty horrible too (Thundercats roar was unpopular), but we don't know yet.
    well won't be surprised kids will like it, after all they like Peppa Pig

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    well won't be surprised kids will like it, after all they like Peppa Pig
    Depends on the age group, I doubt they are aiming Aquaman at 2-4 year olds like Peppa.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Depends on the age group, I doubt they are aiming Aquaman at 2-4 year olds like Peppa.
    well if they start at such early age accustomed to that art they won't find it difficult later to like this Aquaman animation art.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Understood, but I don't think that kids do NOT like more realistically drawn characters and more dramatic stories.

Avatar the Last Airbender was very popular and had a spinoff that was also popular. I'm pretty sure it also sold toys.

Also, as I said before, even though I'm not the target audience NOW, I once was. I think it was true then and is true now that kids will actually be MORE attracted to shows, cartoons, and comics that appear to be more "grown up" in nature. Certainly by the age of 7, kids tend to avoid the "kiddie stuff" because they see that it's "kiddie stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    That's not how that works though, if they say 3 part miniseries it typically means 3 episodes, if the show was over 13 episodes long they wouldn't use the term miniseries, and if they planned to release the episodes that way they'd just say it and not call it a three part series.

The original article that I read on CBR does not use the word "miniseries."

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    The series will be split into three parts; however, there's no news at this time as to when each part will release on HBO Max.
    It clearly says "series" here. I don't know if other sites have more info and it's really a miniseries, however.

Right now, I'd assume that HBO Max isn't going to put a lot of effort into 3 episodes, so I'd assume a full series until I hear a definitive answer to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The series has an art style that is more suited to fluid animation and dynamic action scenes. How horrible
    I mean, so was something like Justice League Action, and I feel that had better character designs.

BANNED

I dunno. It looks bad to a lot of us because we have a preconceived notion of what it could look like, but other than green hair and weird eyebrows, it's not that much worse than Bruce Timm Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I dunno. It looks bad to a lot of us because we have a preconceived notion of what it could look like, but other than green hair and weird eyebrows, it's not that much worse than Bruce Timm Superman.
    No, S:TAS is clearly better drawn...

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Wha? It's not what to what? I can't even....
    You equate that to this?

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No, S:TAS is clearly better drawn...
    You not liking the art style does not mean something is drawn worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wha? It's not what to what? I can't even....
    You equate that to this?
    Well, umm, yes. What's your point?