Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Underrated comic book video games

What comic book based video games do you consider underrated?

Hopefully this counts, but I was rather partial towards...

The Punisher: The Ultimate Payback!

Extraordinary Member

Batman Begins for PS2/XBox/Gamecube. For a movie tie-in it was really good. Graphics were great for 2005 and the character models still look pretty close to the actual actors. The atmosphere was great, and it was just an enjoyable, if simple game. It's been forgotten in the wake of the Arkham games, which are much better, but that doesn't take away from how good BB was. I replayed it about a year ago and it held up pretty well.

Treyarch's Spider-Man 3: This game has its share of drawbacks, particularly for the PS3, but I had a lot of fun playing it numerous times for over a decade. I tried to relate to the abundance of criticism it received, but I still have an experience that makes a lot of complaints seem either pointing at things that are common with other games, or make complaints that aren't even things to complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Hopefully this counts, but I was rather partial towards...
    This is one I could have enjoyed a lot, but I have no patience for railshooters with limited continues, especially one on a small screen.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Batman Begins for PS2/XBox/Gamecube. For a movie tie-in it was really good. Graphics were great for 2005 and the character models still look pretty close to the actual actors. The atmosphere was great, and it was just an enjoyable, if simple game. It's been forgotten in the wake of the Arkham games, which are much better, but that doesn't take away from how good BB was. I replayed it about a year ago and it held up pretty well.
    This game looks like a fun experience with some good elements that seemingly sets it as a worthy Batman gaming experience that is absent from the Arkham games.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Arkham Origins, IMO.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

also this one which i dont see mentioned as much as the 90s arcade simpsons, x-men and ninja turtles games

And

Both are fun. The first game, you become a walking horror. With the heads of the Darkness, you get a few different options that unlock as the game goes on. The two most fun, are the Darkness tentacle/spike thing you use like a scorpion's tail. The other is the black hole gun. Nothing clears the crowd like a black hole.

The second one, only played it once. The story is kind of trippy, but the graphics are better, and you get super armor (like in the comic where Jackie punched Superman).

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
    X-Men Legends 2
    Conan Exiles
    Turok (PS3)
    Battle Chasers Nightwar
    Avengers (PS4)
    Snoopy vs The Red Baron (PS2)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    It hasn't aged super well and there were some issues here and there, but yeah this one was a lot of fun back in the day.

I really enjoyed playing as Magneto and just tossing everything in the level at my opponents.