Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    Which is probably why they aren't putting out Avengers, Cap, IM, etc that month. They are hoping people can then justify picking up the mini.
    And I assume the last 3 issues will be consecutive in July and then it will be over?
    I'd like to see their internal data that shows people that purchase the one are also buying all the others.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The Age of Apocalypse of the Avengers line LOL
    The Age of X-Man of the Avengers line.

Thoughts:

- Bold of Marvel to do a big Avengers event based around an episode of a children's cartoon.

- So Slott is bringing back all of Johnny's major exes to give him some romantic resolution?

- Hey, Reptil is back! That's cool .

- Russell will probably get pretty topical, but I wonder if FF: Life Story will get as depressing as Spider-Man's did.

- Who is Jess visiting in jail?

- Kraven vs Valkyrie...does not seem like a fair fight.

- I'd rather not see JaneThor in the Thor and Loki: Double Trouble book, but I guess that can't be helped.

- Poor Bill gluing his hammer back together...

- Thor vs an earlier version of the Black Knight? Interesting.

- "...no way..." so this is referring to Doom, right?

- So Widow's going vigilante in San Francisco, huh. Well, if it can work for her ex Daredevil...not loving the new costume though. We just got the classic look back .

- Things seem to be turning around for Hulk as Ewing's run heads into its climax.

- I'm kind of amazed Strange Academy has made it to 10 issues.

- So they may not be Outlaws anymore, but Kamala's Law is still driving the Champions to some extent.

ASM 65 & 66
    Carnage Black, White & Blood 3 (of 4)
    Daredevil 30
    Immortal Hulk 46
    Spiders Shadow 2 (of 4)

No Venom due to the delays of King and Black and Venom 34 & 35, guess we find out new creative team when June Solicits come out in march?

Aaron is not my favorite writer but I am down for this. Love the Squadron Supreme. Plus the Imperial Guard? Definitely down for this. His BC Avenger story arc has bored me to death. Maybe something different is what he needed to do. Spider-Man, Boomerang and all of those villains? I’m looking forward to it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Kinda hoping this whole thing is Aaron's Avengers swan song...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Bold of Marvel to do a big Avengers event based around an episode of a children's cartoon.

- So Slott is bringing back all of Johnny's major exes to give him some romantic resolution?

- Hey, Reptil is back! That's cool .

- Russell will probably get pretty topical, but I wonder if FF: Life Story will get as depressing as Spider-Man's did.

- Who is Jess visiting in jail?

- Kraven vs Valkyrie...does not seem like a fair fight.

- I'd rather not see JaneThor in the Thor and Loki: Double Trouble book, but I guess that can't be helped.

- Poor Bill gluing his hammer back together...

- Thor vs an earlier version of the Black Knight? Interesting.

- "...no way..." so this is referring to Doom, right?

- So Widow's going vigilante in San Francisco, huh. Well, if it can work for her ex Daredevil...not loving the new costume though. We just got the classic look back .

- Things seem to be turning around for Hulk as Ewing's run heads into its climax.

- I'm kind of amazed Strange Academy has made it to 10 issues.

- So they may not be Outlaws anymore, but Kamala's Law is still driving the Champions to some extent.
    Oh, yeah, when the Squadron Supreme was a major villain for Season 2 of Avengers Assemble. Fun times, that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Probably June
    Right. I was thinking these were June solicits, but now realize we're only up to May.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The Age of X-Man of the Avengers line.
    I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner.

And I for one, won't judge until I've read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah, when the Squadron Supreme was a major villain for Season 2 of Avengers Assemble. Fun times, that.
    Well, it was Avengers Assemble .

The Spider-Woman solicitation made me laugh
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Kinda hoping this whole thing is Aaron's Avengers swan song...
    I’m hoping that too. Would like to see a Squadron ongoing come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I’m hoping that too. Would like to see a Squadron ongoing come out of this.
    I’d read a squadron ongoing, but what would you do with the characters?

Fantastic Member

have to shake my head at the logic of skipping the avengers book hoping its more pandemic logistics because from an informal poll of some of regulars they are all in on the main heroes reborn mini but could care less about the mini series and one shots and no disrepect to the talent on the books but theyre basically all nobodies. Im sure there plans have been locked in and future state may be getting good reviews online and the books are well done but they have sold like garbage not having the batman ongoing for two months killed our store...the avengers books dont sell great but not having a cates thor book even for a month and even aaron avengers book is steady is going to hurt

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’d read a squadron ongoing, but what would you do with the characters?
    Good question. Keep them in their own universe? It was done once before by Mark Gruenwald and it worked out very successfully. A 12 issue maxi that was very well written. Marvel had some success with the New Universe. More with the Ultimate Universe. Have crossovers with 616 once in awhile. It’s worked in the past in both 616 and the Ultimate Universe. There are potential possibilities there.