Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 60 Preview, More Bagley art focusing on Peter MJ

MJ seeking out therapy is probably the most realistic thing ever. Does she still see said therapist?

"So Peter, about the director for my movie..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MJ seeking out therapy is probably the most realistic thing ever. Does she still see said therapist?

"So Peter, about the director for my movie..."
    Or she says to her shrink “I was married to Spider-Man” and off to Ravencroft she goes. All jokes aside, I am so sick of Kindred it is not funny. We survived over a decade without Norman, we can survive a year with no Osborn stories. The

Mighty Member

I'm okay with the Kindred plot, I mean we did have no Osborne stories for about a year (#801-833) and even then, they only broke that chain because of Absolute Carnage.
    It's only been in the last 15 issues that we've had an increase in Goblin related activity.
    But as I've said, I'm okay with Kindred still being a thing, I kinda wish #44 (the dream issue) happened after the 2099 stuff, of only to have better pacing in the build-up. But I think most People feel it's overplayed is because the pacing of it has been kind of off.
    But I liken him to Knull, Kindred has only been in a handful of stories before his reveal (Back to Basics, Hunted, Absolute Carnage, Sins Rising) but because of how stretched out those stories are and because we're nearing 3 years into it, it feels longer than it is.
    Knull himself was only in 2 Venom stories (Rex, Absolute Carnage and a Silver Surfer mini) before he appeared, yet People got sick of him pretty quickly because it felt longer.

Edit. Also we may have survived a decade with no Norman Osborne stories, but we still got Harry stories and Hobgoblin stories.

MJ is Mephisto confirmed.

I mean, no decent human being would ever force another to perform live improv on stage.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    MJ is Mephisto confirmed.

I mean, no decent human being would ever force another to perform live improv on stage.
    MJ as Mephisto. About as likely as From Dusk Til Dawn Salma Hayak looking worse then Rosie O’Donnell or the Pittsburgh Pirates winning the 2021 World Series. All jokes aside. Improv on stage is one thing they do at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Britain, and they have created some of the greatest actors in history.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-18-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

This should be interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

The preview pages are quite good.

My one quibble is that the final panel of MJ in that Bagley preview has her looking like Ultimate Mary Jane. Bagley has been quite good at highlighting differences between the Ultimate and ASM versions of the characters, even if his particular style means that every character (male or female, or otherwise) has the same kind of face, but here he slips.

Mj being very resourceful here makes sense she uses a theater to vent her frustrations.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    All jokes aside, I am so sick of Kindred it is not funny. We survived over a decade without Norman, we can survive a year with no Osborn stories.
    I agree with you about Kindred. The pandemic and delay in books for a few months on top of too many overpriced books in a 4 month span with no answers made this story not fun. I’m going to go as far as say that for me, this Kindred story is the equivalent of all the complaints people have about the Clone Saga being too long with more questions than answers and poor execution.

As a fan of Norman, Harry and most of the Goblins, I am also extremely tired of both Norman and Harry at this point. It’s funny to me that back in the mid 90’s when Osborn was around in all the books after reappearing in Spectacular 248, everyone complained he was there too much. Now we have this plot building since his return and it’s just too much for me.

I just want MJ to finally come out about the Mysterio thing.

Astonishing Member

Mysterio is simply another plot line forgotten by Spencer. Is it deliberate or is it simply his desire to use as many characters as possible? That I do not know. But he uses characters strictly as a plot device ( see Order of The Web and Sin Eater ( very unnecessary)). He could have told Kindred with just Peter, MJ, Norman and Harry. This is especially true of the LR issues.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-18-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Mysterio is simply another plot line forgotten by Spencer. Is it deliberate or is it simply his desire to use as many characters as possible? That I do not know. But he uses characters strictly as a plot device ( see Order of The Web and Sin Eater ( very unnecessary)). He could have told Kindred with just Peter, MJ, Norman and Harry. This is especially true of the LR issues.
    I mean, it came up at the beginning of Last Remains and that she still hasn't told him so I'd like to think he hasn't completely forgotten about it.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

This looks like a good issue... can't wait to read it.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Probably will be forgotten