Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Looks good. Can’t wait!

Mighty Member

Can’t wait for this.

This looks great! I'm glad we're gonna see what Laura and company got up to in there! I loved the children of the vault back when they first appeared in Carey's run.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can't WAIT!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So much time! It looks amazing, cant wait for the full issue.

me too. CANNOT WAIT! whee!

1 year waiting, better be good

BANNED

First X-Men book I'll be buying in a year.

Would be so happy if Asrar was stayed on and interchanged with Larraz as X-Men artists

Wish Hickman was writing more in this era. Seems like he's burnt out and would rather be Head of X.

I feel like he was getting more issues out during his Avengers era.

But I am excited about this issue.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-18-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wish Hickman was writing more in this era. Seems like his burnt out and would rather be Head of X.

He was writing at least 3 issues a month during that era with 4 when Infinity was in play. I genuinely think that effected the quality of his Avengers run because the art suffered and Hickman’s story had no time to breath. I think he’s gone on the record saying it was a bit of a mess, and I think a lot of his Avengers run post-Infinity lost that cool sci-fi intrigue to it. New Avengers holds up a lot better, I think, whereas Avengers set so much up but didn’t have time to deliver on a lot of it.

So I’m happy that Hickman is taking his time with X-Men. If he gets the confidence from Marvel that he’s gonna be in the driving seat for years to come, I’ll be happy that the back half doesn’t feel as rushed as Avengers.

That being said, I hope this new X-Men election team stars in its own book written by Hickman, and X-Men proper can remain as this broad focus title.

Astonishing Member

I really hope they come back ok

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wish Hickman was writing more in this era. Seems like his burnt out and would rather be Head of X.

He's written:

12 issues of Hox/PoX
    18 issues of X-Men
    04 issues of Giant-Size X-Men
    04 issues of New Mutants
    03 issues X of Swords (co-written of by Howard, but those were large issues, so I'd count it.)

So he's written 41 issues in 19 months. That averages out to just over 2 issues a month. Plus leading the X-line on top of that. A respectable amount in my opinion. Not sure how that compares to Avengers. Granted it all feels a bit less than the sum of its parts, and a bit more disjointed because it's across so many titles. Would have prefered the same approach to Avengers, and just have two ongoings. But also understand why he'd want to try a new way of doing something, rather than just redoing what he did.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    He was writing at least 3 issues a month during that era with 4 when Infinity was in play. I genuinely think that effected the quality of his Avengers run because the art suffered and Hickman’s story had no time to breath. I think he’s gone on the record saying it was a bit of a mess, and I think a lot of his Avengers run post-Infinity lost that cool sci-fi intrigue to it. New Avengers holds up a lot better, I think, whereas Avengers set so much up but didn’t have time to deliver on a lot of it.

So I’m happy that Hickman is taking his time with X-Men. If he gets the confidence from Marvel that he’s gonna be in the driving seat for years to come, I’ll be happy that the back half doesn’t feel as rushed as Avengers.

That being said, I hope this new X-Men election team stars in its own book written by Hickman, and X-Men proper can remain as this broad focus title.
    If that's the case, will they be bringing back the Uncanny title for that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.