Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If that's the case, will they be bringing back the Uncanny title for that?
    That’s what I’m hoping. Or maybe bringing back New X-Men.

I just feel if Hickman builds a new X-team and ignores the team half the time to deal with the Summers family on the moon, a big section of comic fans (not myself) would get pretty angry at Marvel for misplacing their excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    He was writing at least 3 issues a month during that era with 4 when Infinity was in play. I genuinely think that effected the quality of his Avengers run because the art suffered and Hickman’s story had no time to breath. I think he’s gone on the record saying it was a bit of a mess, and I think a lot of his Avengers run post-Infinity lost that cool sci-fi intrigue to it. New Avengers holds up a lot better, I think, whereas Avengers set so much up but didn’t have time to deliver on a lot of it.

So I’m happy that Hickman is taking his time with X-Men. If he gets the confidence from Marvel that he’s gonna be in the driving seat for years to come, I’ll be happy that the back half doesn’t feel as rushed as Avengers.

That being said, I hope this new X-Men election team stars in its own book written by Hickman, and X-Men proper can remain as this broad focus title.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    He's written:

12 issues of Hox/PoX
    18 issues of X-Men
    04 issues of Giant-Size X-Men
    04 issues of New Mutants
    03 issues X of Swords (co-written of by Howard, but those were large issues, so I'd count it.)

So he's written 41 issues in 19 months. That averages out to just over 2 issues a month. Plus leading the X-line on top of that. A respectable amount in my opinion. Not sure how that compares to Avengers. Granted it all feels a bit less than the sum of its parts, and a bit more disjointed because it's across so many titles. Would have prefered the same approach to Avengers, and just have two ongoings. But also understand why he'd want to try a new way of doing something, rather than just redoing what he did.
    Yeah seeing it written out like that does show that he's written a lot. I guess I wish the other writers wrote more like him and Al Ewing.

Would be awesome if the new X-Men team ends up being Uncanny.

End I think he got an arsenal or artist while he was on Avengers. We need to get Jerome Opena back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Well seems like he is tired of writing, Marvel made awful deal with him for sure
    Okay, I'm sure the person who pitched an entire new status quo for a franchise with the intention of expanding it and collaborating with multiple writers, overseeing their works, wrote three titles and just did 5 issues of an 22 part crossover is simply just tired of writing, spirit2011...
    Last edited by nandes; 02-18-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah seeing it written out like that does show that he's written a lot. I guess I wish the other writers wrote more like him and Al Ewing.

Would be awesome if the new X-Men team ends up being Uncanny.

End I think he got an arsenal or artist while he was on Avengers. We need to get Jerome Opena back.
    His plot are very slow and many of these books were written with Tini or the artist plotting it. Same story on X-men for 3 issues.

Jerome Opena is getting that good Millar money!! yeah I thought Hickman would bring some big artists to te line and so far has been meh

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Those Opena opening three issues were incredible, but Deodato drew so many issues of Avengers and they were the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    First X-Men book I'll be buying in a year.
    LOL, exactly and if it's the only one with Synch and Darwin then will also be the only one I for the year! Others are just ....naw! To me. Really want to see how much Synch has changed or evolved, if at all.

That’s what I’m hoping. Or maybe bringing back New X-Men.

I just feel if Hickman builds a new X-team and ignores the team half the time to deal with the Summers family on the moon, a big section of comic fans (not myself) would get pretty angry at Marvel for misplacing their excitement.
    Some of us are quite used to it...see Marauders book!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

He was writing at least 3 issues a month during that era with 4 when Infinity was in play. I genuinely think that effected the quality of his Avengers run because the art suffered and Hickman’s story had no time to breath. I think he’s gone on the record saying it was a bit of a mess, and I think a lot of his Avengers run post-Infinity lost that cool sci-fi intrigue to it. New Avengers holds up a lot better, I think, whereas Avengers set so much up but didn’t have time to deliver on a lot of it.

So I’m happy that Hickman is taking his time with X-Men. If he gets the confidence from Marvel that he’s gonna be in the driving seat for years to come, I’ll be happy that the back half doesn’t feel as rushed as Avengers.

That being said, I hope this new X-Men election team stars in its own book written by Hickman, and X-Men proper can remain as this broad focus title.
    Agreed. I definitely want Hickman writing another ongoing X-title and I think Marvel won't resist the temptation to launch a new X-Men #1 in July. I'm also expecting a few titles to be cancelled/reshuffled after the Hellfire Gala.

Cuing the "it's been 84 years" Titanic Rose gif.

But yeah it should be interesting. Hopefully.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I totally agree with this.

Hickman is the one writer that needs time for his story to simmer, slow and low baby that's how I like my Hickman stories.

But I cannot wait for this and the Nimrod arc to start!

Duuude Yes! So glad seeing Synch nerdgasm and revel in his superheroic hijinks
    GrindrStone(D)

Very promising. As mentioned by others, if this is a jump point to a new title, what other mutants may be joining?

here's another page we seen from the book

I missed them. I want to say it's better late than never, but when it has sidelined Laura for so long...I just can't.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    He's written:

12 issues of Hox/PoX
    18 issues of X-Men
    04 issues of Giant-Size X-Men
    04 issues of New Mutants
    03 issues X of Swords (co-written of by Howard, but those were large issues, so I'd count it.)

So he's written 41 issues in 19 months. That averages out to just over 2 issues a month. Plus leading the X-line on top of that. A respectable amount in my opinion. Not sure how that compares to Avengers. Granted it all feels a bit less than the sum of its parts, and a bit more disjointed because it's across so many titles. Would have prefered the same approach to Avengers, and just have two ongoings. But also understand why he'd want to try a new way of doing something, rather than just redoing what he did.
    You're counting from when the first issue of HoX was released, correct? I wish I could find the article (I did a little Googling and site searching), but I believe Hickman said he had all the HoX/Pox issues done before they were released. So, it's more like 29 issues in 19 months. Still a lot of output, and if you figure it planning for the line as a whole it's even more. But, as far as individual writing output, it was a "little" more reasonable.