Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

A woman who was an heiress to a fire works fortune of all things she decided to rebel against her father by (Not drinking, not doing drugs) becoming a mime. But people did not like her act. So she of course steals the clappers from church bells, and goes after a rock band. Pretty lame villain but man did I love her. I don't really remember seeing her any where else.
    Camille Cameo

I third this nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Always had a soft spot for the Manikin
    I'd like to see her updated too!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post

The Trio Dragonfly, Silken Spider and Tiger Moth
    They've been overlooked too long.

I think they should be developed individually.

Silken Spider should the the villainous spider-woman to oppose the bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Jane Doe

Siren from Batman 66
    Two more who need to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Has Baby Doll made it to the comics page?
    She’s a great mix of sad funny creepy that I think would be interesting in a less censored medium.
    Baby Doll could easily one of Doll Maker's family. She could also benefit from some powers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

Know any good hostess Twinkie bad guys we can reuse?
    They brought back the Pigeon...they can bring back Sable Lady, Jet-Set Jesse and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I seconded the Mime.

Red Claw from Batman: TAS is due to be incorporated in regular DC Continuity already.

Red Claw needs a reinvention; she looks good but is somehow bland and generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Who's the BTAS woman who wears a mask because she thinks she's ugly when she's actually still beautiful but she can't see it because she's psychologically traumatized after being abandoned as an aging actress?
    Calendar Girl.

I want to see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    The Gong (Ed Peale).
    Hammond Carter / The Globe

Hammond Carter is obsessed with maps and "plots crimes by latitude, longitude, time zones, and the shape of landmasses."
    Last edited by scary harpy; 03-06-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Tom King should write : the war of fruit pies and Twinkies...

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

My favorite 70's villain needs a resurrection, The Spook.
    I am still peeved that brat Damien chopped his head off.

HeadlessSpook.jpg

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Maguire_(DCAU)
    DCAU did a few really novel plots not seen in the comics. Like having Bruce Wayne actually get married. Yes he married a pod-person created by Poison Ivy.

But there's two things about that story that I think would make for a fun starting point for a story.

1: They more "strongly suggest" she died rather than actually killing her. She's on a sinking ship, that blows up before it finishes sinking. Dead? maybe? The story literally claims she was incinerated and thus left no body... right....

2: There's reason to believe she may have deduced Batman's identity. One she DID marry Bruce Wayne. Then Bruce beats her up and locks her in their cabin. No subtlety, he just electrocutes and clobbers her. The kicker though is that Batman did something odd at the end. He tosses Bruce Wayne's wedding ring into the ocean... while Susan is watching. It's pretty easy to imagine Susan thinking "wait a second how did Batman get my husband's wedding ring?" Yeah.... THAT could lead to something interesting. Especially if Susan doesn't just spill the juice and saves it for "when the time is right".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    King Tut.
    ... The King Tut that was used in Batman Confidential (2009 I believe) completely missed the charm of the original TV incarnation.
    I preferred that King Tut. I was not impressed with the TV incarnation.

Speaking of the 66 series...

Egghead!

Astonishing Member

It'd be interesting if they brought back Dr. Death, who was technically the first 'super villain' in Batman comics. Snyder honored that by having him in Zero Year.

The Ratcatcher. He lived in the sewers, imprisoned people, and would have rats eat them alive as judgement!

Astonishing Member

Tom King should write : the war of fruit pies and Twinkies...
    Someone should write this...many of those ads were better than some comics today. (yes, I'm a grouchy old man.)

Others needing revival:

• Bag O' Bones / Cyclotronic Man
    • Dr. Faustus (from Showcase 93. Not Felix Faust.)
    • Faust (from Showcase 94. Not Felix's son.)
    • Queen of Hearts (serial killer with Valentine's Day motif.)
    • The Robber Baron
    • The Monarch of Menace
    • Mister Esper
    • Dr. Cassandra Spellcraft
    • Harpy (Iris Phelios)
    • The Signalman
    • Sweet Tooth
    • Simon the Pieman
    • Fun Haus
    • Cosmo Krank
    • Zelda the Great
    • Dollman (Filmation 1968)
    • Roxy Rocket
    • Ruby Ryder
    • Orca
    • The Kabuki Twins
    Last edited by scary harpy; 02-28-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Magpie. I know she technically shows up in her Beware the Batman get-up these days, but I mean as an actual villain of an issue or two. That show did a great job revamping her and it's a shame DC just keeps using her as filler. Cypher would be cool to see as well.

The Batman also had neat re-imaginings of Spellbinder and Gearhead that I could see in the comics more often. D.A.V.E. was also a cool idea for the "rogue AI" type of villain that I think would work as a Batman foe. Maybe we could even see the Kabuki Twins. They don't necessarily have to work for Penguin either.

Mighty Member

Fungus Milkweed. Performance artist girlfriend of the Joker in the 1987 Legends storyline. Where she'd fit amongst Harley and Punchline would be interesting...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

There really are some great one hit wonders out there. The other plus is there's enough batfamily and titles to spread the love. Between Batman, Nightwing (and Batgirl), Robin and whatever comes down the pike with Batwoman, Red Hood, Tim (hopefully) and the Fox family...we have enough to spread them all out.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Fungus Milkweed. Performance artist girlfriend of the Joker in the 1987 Legends storyline. Where she'd fit amongst Harley and Punchline would be interesting...
    Harley's out, and Punchline is a social media manipulator. What did... Fungus... do?

Mighty Member

Helped Mr J out as part of an artistic statement. J naturally tried to kill her.

Astonishing Member

The Wrapper

(Batgirl foe: Batgirl Vol 5 #18 February, 2018)

He likes mummify people with present-wrapping paper.

I think with a little work and a partner he has some potential.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 02-25-2021 at 08:56 AM.

A Nocturna return feels LONG overdue.

I love the slightly goofy villains like Signalman, Mirage, and Spellbinder. I know some of them are dead but, hey, comics. I think you could find a way to make them legit threats without losing all of the inherent goofiness.

The Ten-Eyed Man should just have the bizarre nature of his condition extrapolated upon and turn into some kind of quirky, almost psychedelic foe that defies Batman's very structured worldview. Kind of like making a Bat-villain out of Shade the Changing Man.

Doctor Phosphorous is a TERRIFYING villain and should be used more...yeah, he's got powers, but so do Clayface, Ivy, Bane, etc...

With more and more awareness of human trafficking coming to light over the years, I feel like Captain Stingaree could be reinterpreted as a truly horrible villain.

Doctor Double X is such a weird member of Batman's rogues gallery...I'd love to see a story with him that kinda justifies and solidifies his position there.

Finally, after all the work done on him in Secret Six, I'd love to see Catman elevated to a recurring frenemy of Batman...not a pure villain, not a pure hero, and someone whose relationship with Bruce makes Batman's current standing with Jason Todd look like a damn lovefest.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-27-2021 at 04:05 PM.