Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    11,406

    Default MCU teams vs Each Other!

    In a battle Royal, which team wins?

    Team Asgard:
    Thor (with Stormbreaker)
    Heimdahl
    Valkyrie
    Skurge
    Lady Sif

    Vs

    Team Bug:
    Mantis
    Spider-Man (with full access to suit)
    Antman
    Wasp
    Black Widow

    Vs

    Team Tech:
    Ironman
    Rocket
    Shuri
    Vision
    Pepper Potts (with Rescue suit)

    Vs

    Team Magic:
    Dr. Strange (no Time Stone)
    Wong
    Scarlet Witch (not crazy/depressed)
    Loki (no Tesseract)
    Ancient One (no Time Stone)

    Vs

    Team USA:
    Captain America (with hammer)
    Bucky
    Falcon
    Captain Marvel
    War Machine

    Vs

    Team Clearly Human:
    Groot
    Nebula
    Drax
    Gamora
    Korg

    Vs

    Team Left-Overs:
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Star-Lord
    Quicksilver
    Black Panther


    Scenario 1: Friendly bout, in character (but want to win).

    Scenario 2: Bloodlusted.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hellís Brigade; 02-18-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #2
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    This is basically just Ironman vs Thor vs Dr strange vs Captain Marvel maybe hulk and Scarlet Witch? The rest are too weak or too slow to matter
    Last edited by choptop; 02-18-2021 at 07:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This is basically just Ironman vs Thor vs Dr strange vs Captain Marvel maybe hulk and Scarlet Witch? The rest are too weak or too slow to matter
    Spider-Man with some of Ant Man's shrinking disks could be a surprise upset, especially if Scott is rampaging in Giant Mode as a distraction,

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Stigmazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    This is a pretty fun team battle. I'll start with a teams breakdown.

    Team Asgard:
    Thor (with Stormbreaker)
    Heimdahl
    Valkyrie
    Skurge
    Lady Sif

    Over all a good team. Thor is the only major hitter but he's one of the best fighters here. The others are all medium level fighters, all pretty tough but not able to majorly effect the outcome of the fight. They can keep some of the more gimmick based fighters off Thor though. Hemidal can also dump big threats as well assuming he gets the chance to get a shot off which he very well might considering his durability.

    Team Bug:
    Mantis
    Spider-Man (with full access to suit)
    Antman
    Wasp
    Black Widow

    Spiderman is aggressively mid tier here. Giantman is a good brick, and could maybe pull off a shrink if she survives the opening onslaught, which bring small and protected by Spiderman or Giantman she might. Widow is a non factor, and while Mantis could maybe do something its very unlikely she would be able to get her hands on anyone that matters or survive long enough.

    Vs

    Team Tech:
    Ironman
    Rocket
    Shuri
    Vision
    Pepper Potts (with Rescue suit)

    Tony is the lead player here of course. Tons of fire power, and one of the best combatants in this fight. Vision is a good second for him, able to survive anything but the biggest opponents. He has great durability, a powerful beam, and his phasing would keep him around for a long time. Rescue is another good addition, her armour is a later Ironman armour so she has good durability and weapons. Rocket and Shuri don't provide any assistance here.




    Team Magic:
    Dr. Strange (no Time Stone)
    Wong
    Scarlet Witch (not crazy/depressed)
    Loki (no Tesseract)
    Ancient One (no Time Stone)

    This team has a ton of crazy abilities, a lot of which could take out the majority of the main players. Sling ring decapitation, mirror realm d dumps, knocking characters out of their bodies in the astral realm, Wanda crushing them, even Loki's knifes could be deadly if used well. Unfortunately this whole team should be better called team Glass Cannon. Any team with speed or AOEs first and main target should be this team. If they are allowed to get shields and illusions up, they could tear the other teams apart. I would expect them to mop up the friendly bout. Here maybe Loki the is only survivor of the opening barrage and even then I don't think he'll be in shape to do anything of note.

    Team USA:
    Captain America (with hammer)
    Bucky
    Falcon
    Captain Marvel
    War Machine

    Captain Marvel might be the best fighter here. Backed by Thor Cap, who is also a top 5 opponent with decent aoe, and the skill to take on any of the big fighters in a 1 on 1 for at least some amount of time. Warmachine is good fighter here, good AOE, and able to stay in the fight. Falcon and Wintersoldier are just lucky they get their own tv show because they don't get much screen time here.

    Team Clearly Human:
    Groot
    Nebula
    Drax
    Gamora
    Korg

    They are all good fighters but are all aggressively medium. The entire team shouldn't be able to match even one of the major fighters, and end up being slightly tougher cannon fodder.

    Vs

    Team Left-Overs:
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Star-Lord
    Quicksilver
    Black Panther

    Quicksilver would be good on some teams here if he had someone to protect like Wanda or Strange. Here his only role is to take them out, then he's pretty much just a fly in the face of the big guns. Hulk is strong but isn't enough to face any of the major players for too long. If you gave Starlord his Ego power up then he might have a reason to be here, but since he doesn't he just as useless as Hawkeye. Black panther is only a bit better because he is a harder nut to crack.

    This leaves us with the following after the main onslaught of every main character slaming AOEs.

    Team Asgard:
    Thor (with Stormbreaker)
    Heimdahl
    Valkyrie
    Skurge
    Lady Sif

    (Though some of the team may be injured or out depending on exactly where the fire power lands, ideally Hemidall would be a good target for the others to focus on.)

    Team Bug

    Antman
    Spiderman
    Wasp

    All are tough enough to survive the opening salvo, but Giantman is a big target, and even with Spiderman protecting her Wasp wouldn't last long, maybe long enough to shrink a big opponent into the quantum realm but I don't see it happening very often.

    Team Tech

    Ironman
    Vision
    Rescue

    Team Magic

    No one maybe a hurt Loki


    Team USA

    Cap Thor
    Captain Marvel
    War Machine

    (Any of team human might survive, but they would be injured, and not overly relevant to the fight)

    Team Leftovers

    Hulk
    Black Panther

    If Hemidall and Thor get off a dump then they take this. Sending anyone except Captain Marvel into deep space is a death sentence. Then Thor can beat who ever is left with Stormbreaker.

    If they don't pull off the dump then I like team USA here. If they can work together to keep Thor away from his axe, then they should be enough to win. Captain Marvel takes Thor, Cap takes Ironman, and Warmachine watches Captain Marvel's back from Rescue or Vision (which might be a lost fight with Vision, but he needs to give them breathing room).

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,395

    Default

    ^This post is far too long to go point by point, but I'll use my best one: Drax would be *hilarious* as cannon fodder. His greatest asset here is durability -- he can tank a heck of a lot of damage. But he's too slow and not nearly as strong as the heavy hitters in this rumble, and so he'll simply get hit repeatedly with no real way of hitting back.

    Don't get me wrong, he'll be worn down, whittled away, and then dispatched just like the rest of his team, but the thought of him taking arrogant pride in his durability and then instantly flipping to murderous frustration at his lack of being able to do just about anything else would be worth the price of admission.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    In a battle Royal, which team wins?

    Team Asgard:
    Thor (with Stormbreaker)
    Heimdahl
    Valkyrie
    Skurge
    Lady Sif

    Vs

    Team Bug:
    Mantis
    Spider-Man (with full access to suit)
    Antman
    Wasp
    Black Widow

    Vs

    Team Tech:
    Ironman
    Rocket
    Shuri
    Vision
    Pepper Potts (with Rescue suit)

    Vs

    Team Magic:
    Dr. Strange (no Time Stone)
    Wong
    Scarlet Witch (not crazy/depressed)
    Loki (no Tesseract)
    Ancient One (no Time Stone)

    Vs

    Team USA:
    Captain America (with hammer)
    Bucky
    Falcon
    Captain Marvel
    War Machine

    Vs

    Team Clearly Human:
    Groot
    Nebula
    Drax
    Gamora
    Korg

    Vs

    Team Left-Overs:
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Star-Lord
    Quicksilver
    Black Panther


    Scenario 1: Friendly bout, in character (but want to win).

    Scenario 2: Bloodlusted.
    I didn’t see it’s the MCU versions.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-19-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Black Lives Matter.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    This is a pretty fun team battle. I'll start with a teams breakdown.

    Team Asgard:
    Thor (with Stormbreaker)
    Heimdahl
    Valkyrie
    Skurge
    Lady Sif

    Over all a good team. Thor is the only major hitter but he's one of the best fighters here. The others are all medium level fighters, all pretty tough but not able to majorly effect the outcome of the fight. They can keep some of the more gimmick based fighters off Thor though. Hemidal can also dump big threats as well assuming he gets the chance to get a shot off which he very well might considering his durability.

    Team Bug:
    Mantis
    Spider-Man (with full access to suit)
    Antman
    Wasp
    Black Widow

    Spiderman is aggressively mid tier here. Giantman is a good brick, and could maybe pull off a shrink if she survives the opening onslaught, which bring small and protected by Spiderman or Giantman she might. Widow is a non factor, and while Mantis could maybe do something its very unlikely she would be able to get her hands on anyone that matters or survive long enough.

    Vs

    Team Tech:
    Ironman
    Rocket
    Shuri
    Vision
    Pepper Potts (with Rescue suit)

    Tony is the lead player here of course. Tons of fire power, and one of the best combatants in this fight. Vision is a good second for him, able to survive anything but the biggest opponents. He has great durability, a powerful beam, and his phasing would keep him around for a long time. Rescue is another good addition, her armour is a later Ironman armour so she has good durability and weapons. Rocket and Shuri don't provide any assistance here.




    Team Magic:
    Dr. Strange (no Time Stone)
    Wong
    Scarlet Witch (not crazy/depressed)
    Loki (no Tesseract)
    Ancient One (no Time Stone)

    This team has a ton of crazy abilities, a lot of which could take out the majority of the main players. Sling ring decapitation, mirror realm d dumps, knocking characters out of their bodies in the astral realm, Wanda crushing them, even Loki's knifes could be deadly if used well. Unfortunately this whole team should be better called team Glass Cannon. Any team with speed or AOEs first and main target should be this team. If they are allowed to get shields and illusions up, they could tear the other teams apart. I would expect them to mop up the friendly bout. Here maybe Loki the is only survivor of the opening barrage and even then I don't think he'll be in shape to do anything of note.

    Team USA:
    Captain America (with hammer)
    Bucky
    Falcon
    Captain Marvel
    War Machine

    Captain Marvel might be the best fighter here. Backed by Thor Cap, who is also a top 5 opponent with decent aoe, and the skill to take on any of the big fighters in a 1 on 1 for at least some amount of time. Warmachine is good fighter here, good AOE, and able to stay in the fight. Falcon and Wintersoldier are just lucky they get their own tv show because they don't get much screen time here.

    Team Clearly Human:
    Groot
    Nebula
    Drax
    Gamora
    Korg

    They are all good fighters but are all aggressively medium. The entire team shouldn't be able to match even one of the major fighters, and end up being slightly tougher cannon fodder.

    Vs

    Team Left-Overs:
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Star-Lord
    Quicksilver
    Black Panther

    Quicksilver would be good on some teams here if he had someone to protect like Wanda or Strange. Here his only role is to take them out, then he's pretty much just a fly in the face of the big guns. Hulk is strong but isn't enough to face any of the major players for too long. If you gave Starlord his Ego power up then he might have a reason to be here, but since he doesn't he just as useless as Hawkeye. Black panther is only a bit better because he is a harder nut to crack.

    This leaves us with the following after the main onslaught of every main character slaming AOEs.

    Team Asgard:
    Thor (with Stormbreaker)
    Heimdahl
    Valkyrie
    Skurge
    Lady Sif

    (Though some of the team may be injured or out depending on exactly where the fire power lands, ideally Hemidall would be a good target for the others to focus on.)

    Team Bug

    Antman
    Spiderman
    Wasp

    All are tough enough to survive the opening salvo, but Giantman is a big target, and even with Spiderman protecting her Wasp wouldn't last long, maybe long enough to shrink a big opponent into the quantum realm but I don't see it happening very often.

    Team Tech

    Ironman
    Vision
    Rescue

    Team Magic

    No one maybe a hurt Loki


    Team USA

    Cap Thor
    Captain Marvel
    War Machine

    (Any of team human might survive, but they would be injured, and not overly relevant to the fight)

    Team Leftovers

    Hulk
    Black Panther

    If Hemidall and Thor get off a dump then they take this. Sending anyone except Captain Marvel into deep space is a death sentence. Then Thor can beat who ever is left with Stormbreaker.

    If they don't pull off the dump then I like team USA here. If they can work together to keep Thor away from his axe, then they should be enough to win. Captain Marvel takes Thor, Cap takes Ironman, and Warmachine watches Captain Marvel's back from Rescue or Vision (which might be a lost fight with Vision, but he needs to give them breathing room).
    I don't think the Magic Team is as bad off as you think. All that needs to happen for them to survive is for one of the wizards to open a portal beneath their feet. I don't think Strange, Wong, or the Ancient One are so slow that they can't do that

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Stigmazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I don't think the Magic Team is as bad off as you think. All that needs to happen for them to survive is for one of the wizards to open a portal beneath their feet. I don't think Strange, Wong, or the Ancient One are so slow that they can't do that
    Quicksilver (even the mcu version) is fast enough to kill Strange, Ancient One, Wanda and Wong, at the bell. They are huge threats that he can immediately remove. Ironman is faster then average (I think we don't use the tank shot dodge, anymore) but he is still fast, same with Thor, and a number of the others. I don't see team magic being fast enough to create a sling ring to escape in time, or much of anything else.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Quicksilver (even the mcu version) is fast enough to kill Strange, Ancient One, Wanda and Wong, at the bell. They are huge threats that he can immediately remove. Ironman is faster then average (I think we don't use the tank shot dodge, anymore) but he is still fast, same with Thor, and a number of the others. I don't see team magic being fast enough to create a sling ring to escape in time, or much of anything else.
    literally all they have to do is twirl their fingers.

  10. #10
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    literally all they have to do is twirl their fingers.
    They literally don't have that much time before one of the much faster people removes their extremely human-durable heads from their extremely human-durable necks.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    They literally don't have that much time before one of the much faster people removes their extremely human-durable heads from their extremely human-durable necks.
    Other than Quicksilver, I don't recall too many people here with significantly enhanced speed.

    Also, Doctor Strange is at least more durable than the average human is. I don't recall Quicksilver's damage feats, so it might not be enough, but he's definitely tougher than a regular human

  12. #12
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Other than Quicksilver, I don't recall too many people here with significantly enhanced speed.

    Also, Doctor Strange is at least more durable than the average human is. I don't recall Quicksilver's damage feats, so it might not be enough, but he's definitely tougher than a regular human
    Quicksilver tears apart Ultron drones with his hits and is able to lay out Captain America (given Cap's soak, the force would be enormous) . If he wants to kill Strange at the bell, Strange is getting killed.
    Last edited by Twickster; 02-20-2021 at 11:45 AM.

  13. #13
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,913

    Default

    Quicksilver is definitely fast enough to hit every other combattant here at least once before they can do really anything about it. Said hits will kill every human-durable person. They will do absolutely nothing to the heavy hitters: Thor, Vision, the Captains, Hulk, Iron Man. Spider-Man MIGHT be able to react enough to dodge thanks to precog and high-end bullet-timer reflexes (definitely has both as of FFH), in any case, these shots won't kill him but might rag doll him a fair bit.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  14. #14

    Default

    QS kills team magic.

    Thor and Heimdall probably BFR or decapitate the other heavy hitters.

    Carol might be stronger and more durable, but if she is even momentarily distracted in this enormous conflict, a Bifrost attack should toss her into the nearest star.

    I also think Stormbreaker could cut her just fine.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  15. #15
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Carol might be stronger and more durable, but if she is even momentarily distracted in this enormous conflict, a Bifrost attack should toss her into the nearest star.
    Bifrost doesn't work that way, its not an instant teleport and more a "tunnel" that one can exit before the intended destination. See Hela throwing Thor and Loki off the bifrost in Ragnarok.

    Given this, this tactic is less than effective. Carol is completely fine in space, has feats of crossing intergalactic distances and can come back under her own power.

    If its simply a match between Thor and Carol, barring a lucky Stormbreaker hit, Carol also ragdolls Thanos, who in turn ragdolls Thor. It's Carol's fight to lose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •