Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I 100% think they could do that. After all you aren’t going to want to pit a “traditional” film side take against your new Black Superman take since that will already be fighting an uphill battle to get accepted. If you have Cavill constantly showing up, it makes the other guy feel even less like the “real” one. It’s why they’re supposedly killing Affleck off so Pattinson can be the “main” Batman and Keaton can be old Batman who mentors the next gen.
    I don't really agree because I think it's more or less the same situation as Keaton, but rather than an old Superman it's a young Superman learning the ropes and trying to live up to legacy. It would explain why the hard push for Jon in the comics even though there's a black elseworlds Superman coming and his TV version has no powers and isn't really going off his story.

The plan could simply be "lets tackle the Superman concept from two angles: self contained elseworld, and legacy coming of age in the main continuity." Neither functions as the "real" one in the traditional sense.

And I'm still personally keeping an eye out for a Legion movie or something...
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The extra red is hardly a Jon-specific thing. The idea he was the inspiration here is a huge reach. Indeed, Kara and other female Super characters, not to mention alternate versions of Kal himself have sported a similar aesthetic in the past.
    But c'mon dude. It's not *JUST* the extra red not being a Jon only thing. That just flat-out looks like a gender bent Future State Jon. And the fact that 1) that suit was a mandate for Future State and 2) it's going to be the suit he wears for Son of Kal-El just feels at least noteworthy. I don't feel like it's THAT big a reach especially when put in the context of what a big push he's getting as Superman in the comics. I think that's a fair observation.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I firmly believe they are trying to leave the door open for Cavill to return without a full on replacement. Another world's Supergirl lets them use the Super IP without outright replacing him. Now, whether or not they'll do anything with this version down the line, regardless of what her backstory is, remains to be seen.
    A Supergirl movie is already in development:

"In addition to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Warners has a full roster of DC Film projects coming up, including The Suicide Squad (Aug. 6), The Batman (March 4, 2022), The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), and Warners’ and New Line’s Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2, 2023). Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps, Static Shock and Wonder Woman 3 are also in the works."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...om-1234966505/

If Cavill was coming back I feel like we would’ve heard something by now, so I don’t think he will. There’s a Supergirl movie coming and zero indication they plan to introduce Jon into the DCEU, so Supergirl for me is who they’re positioning as Cavill’s main universe replacement. A daughter on the film side and sons on the TV side make sense as a way of differentiating the two, and they are totally going to pair Supergirl and Batgirl up as the new World’s Finest.

I’d rather get a new Legion cartoon or HBO Max series, doubt the franchise would work as a movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WB/DC could make it Supergirl design across all media like they did for the DCEU WW costume.
    Skirt is too iconic in my opinion.
    If Cavill was coming back I feel like we would’ve heard something by now, so I don’t think he will. There’s a Supergirl movie coming and zero indication they plan to introduce Jon into the DCEU, so Supergirl for me is who they’re positioning as Cavill’s main universe replacement. A daughter on the film side and sons on the TV side make sense as a way of differentiating the two, and they are totally going to pair Supergirl and Batgirl up as the new World’s Finest.

I’d rather get a new Legion cartoon or HBO Max series, doubt the franchise would work as a movie.
    Kara had Kate Kane on the TV side and Babs gets whoever this girl ends up being on the film side.

At least they're together in DC Super Hero Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But c'mon dude. It's not *JUST* the extra red not being a Jon only thing. That just flat-out looks like a gender bent Future State Jon. And the fact that 1) that suit was a mandate for Future State and 2) it's going to be the suit he wears for Son of Kal-El just feels at least noteworthy. I don't feel like it's THAT big a reach especially when put in the context of what a big push he's getting as Superman in the comics. I think that's a fair observation.
    I'm just not seeing it. I mean, does it look similar? Yes. But that's because Jon's look isn't unique, its a hodgepodge of lots of ideas used in the past by Superman and others (notably Kara) first. So it looks similar to lots of costumes we've seen before in a variety of places. Honestly the only thing about Jon's suit that is unique is the new belt design, and similar to Cavill's look, she doesn't even have a belt. There's not a singular touchstone that speaks to Jon specifically, imo. If this were a male Super, I think yeah, it'd be very easily to think of him first. But since its a take on Supergirl I see far more reason to attribute the inspiration of the extra red to things like Supergirl's 80s costume. Then beyond that of course, its pretty much Cavil's base design.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-20-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A Supergirl movie is already in development:

"In addition to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Warners has a full roster of DC Film projects coming up, including The Suicide Squad (Aug. 6), The Batman (March 4, 2022), The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), and Warners’ and New Line’s Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2, 2023). Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps, Static Shock and Wonder Woman 3 are also in the works."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...om-1234966505/
    But last I heard these aren't all movies or theater movies. Batgirl's straight to HBOMAX, and Green Lantern Crops is a MAX TV show I believe. That sounds like a place to do multiple multiverse shows and movies, no? A Supergirl of Earth-11 MAX mini or movie seems possible.

But last I heard these aren't all movies or theater movies. Batgirl's straight to HBOMAX, and Green Lantern Crops is a MAX TV show I believe. That sounds like a place to do multiple multiverse shows and movies, no? A Supergirl of Earth-11 MAX mini or movie seems possible.
    Those pics are from her showing up to meet Barry and Keaton Bruce back on Barry’s world. She and Keaton are seemingly going to be ported over to the main DCEU at the end of Flashpoint.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

GLC is a movie featuring John Stewart and Hal Jordan. It's a different project from the GL show.

WB is working on a Supergirl movie script featuring Kara since 2018/9. The early drafts were inspired by Tamaki's Being Super.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-20-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Like a lot of fans, I think dc completely blew it with comic Jon when Bendis came in. So I think its a smart idea if dc's plan is to take bits and pieces of comic Jon that work or have potential if done differently with new spins like Jordan or even this Supergirl if you're right. But I'm still leaning towards this is probably Kara though. Barry screws up time so she arrives on earth instead of Kal. 89 Bruce and Barry team up to get her out of a government lab like Flashpoint. Thats my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Like a lot of fans, I think dc completely blew it with comic Jon when Bendis came in. So I think its a smart idea if dc's plan is to take bits and pieces of comic Jon that work or have potential if done differently with new spins like Jordan or even this Supergirl if you're right. But I'm still leaning towards this is probably Kara though. Barry screws up time so she arrives on earth instead of Kal. 89 Bruce and Barry team up to get her out of a government lab like Flashpoint. Thats my guess.
    I don’t think she’ll be that instrumental to the plot. They’re not doing the Amazon/Atlantean War so I doubt they’ll be adapting the Flashpoint Superman take either. Mostly I think she’ll be one of the signifiers of how Keaton’s world differs from the DCEU world, and then at the end her being folded in will be a sign of how Barry has changed things.

Should've just continued to not be that guy smh

Don't worry about it. You're likely not wrong that similarities with this dceu costume and some of the recent future state costume designs (for more than one character) isn't a coincidence per se. But i don't think similar aethetics gives us anything concrete on who Sasha Calle is playing. When Captain America: Winter Solider came out, they gave Nick Fury Jr Steve's movie costume.

Hey you see what you see, that's as valid as anyone else's point. And I'm not going to pretend I'm not extremely biased in my own right anyway. I've been "that guy" too often from that POV. Hope I didn't sound mean about it or anything.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Don't worry about it. You're likely not wrong that similarities with this dceu costume and some of the recent future state costume designs (for more than one character) isn't a coincidence per se. But i don't think similar aethetics gives us anything concrete on who Sasha Calle is playing. When Captain America: Winter Solider came out, they gave Nick Fury Jr Steve's movie costume.
    Yeah, for sure. And I don't pretend to have a grasp on what WB is ultimately doing. I'm just seeing the big push for Jon in comics, the suit being very similar, the suit in the comics being a mandate from even before Future State (as stated by Superman of Metropolis' Sean Lewis), the suit being what he'll be wearing in Son of Kal-El, and the new Supergirl of Earth-11 (who also comes from Jess Quick's Earth), and I'm just trying to see how it may or may not all fit together.