Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's going to use the "Supergirl" name at least but they haven't confirmed specifically that it's Kara, from what I've seen.
    It's a costume very similar to that of Lara Kent. Sooo.... probably that?

Ultimate Member

But why would the DCEU use that version instead of Kara?

i think gender swapped alternate Kal-El is also a possibility.
    abet, probably the least interesting outcome.

Still see no compelling evidence it won't just be Kara Zor-El. Its not out of the realm of possibility, just that the teaser provides absolutely nothing one way or another, so I still stick with what I feel is the most likely scenario.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    But why would the DCEU use that version instead of Kara?
    Because Melissa Benoist is playing Kara Zor-El in the CW show. If it's not the same character, then they don't have any reason to care about the concept of continuity. Also, they're playing with the idea of alternate timelines. What better way to do that than have Supergirl.... but from this other Earth... where it's not Kara Zor-el?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Because Melissa Benoist is playing Kara Zor-El in the CW show. If it's not the same character, then they don't have any reason to care about the concept of continuity. Also, they're playing with the idea of alternate timelines. What better way to do that than have Supergirl.... but from this other Earth... where it's not Kara Zor-el?
    Why would they care about the CW?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    i think gender swapped alternate Kal-El is also a possibility.
    abet, probably the least interesting outcome.
    I think that's more or less what she'll be no matter what name they give her, especially if she takes over as the main cinematic Super and she's already getting Superman's Flashpoint backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's more or less what she'll be no matter what name they give her, especially if she takes over as the main cinematic Super and she's already getting Superman's Flashpoint backstory.
    Perhaps. But the fun of them using Lara Kent is that it's Superman's daughter.
    Why would they care about the CW?
    It's as simple as wanting to distance themselves.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps. But the fun of them using Lara Kent is that it's Superman's daughter.It's as simple as wanting to distance themselves.
    Yeah but they're using Barry Allen. That's hardly distancing themselves. So I don't see why Kara is a bridge too far

Astonishing Member

Yeah but they're using Barry Allen. That's hardly distancing themselves. So I don't see why Kara is a bridge too far
    When this movie was first announce, wasn't the CW's Flash at the height of popularity?

Distancing themselves from CW or just the CW Supergirl? They're playing with the alternate worlds thing. But they're seemingly not just using already established characters.

Ultimate Member

Distancing themselves from CW or just the CW Supergirl? They're playing with the alternate worlds thing. But they're seemingly not just using already established characters.
    I agree but then they could still use alternative Kara. At this point I can't be sure who it is, but I'd lean towards Kara (or maybe Karen) at this moment

I agree but then they could still use alternative Kara. At this point I can't be sure who it is, but I'd lean towards Kara (or maybe Karen) at this moment
    Yeah, but.... the tiny bit of info we have is the way the character looks... and it's not Kara.

Should be Kara. Likely will be Kara. Her having blonde hair or not having blonde hair doesn't matter to me, as she's Kara from another timeline that's going to become the main DCEU Kara most likely. I don't mind that at all.

Why wouldn't they use Supergirl's Kara? Because she already exists in another timeline. As the DCEU and the TV Shows are connected but in separate universes. So Kara could look like anything in any different universe or timeline and it would still be her.

And at the very least people that complained about the casting of Barbara Gordon(You know why), at least got confirmed that she'll have red hair.

Amazing Member

She Look to be Lara because of the haircut and her super suit looks like Jon's but I think it will be Kara but this Kara was clearly inspired in superman's children Lara Lane Kent and Jon Kent But It's Kara for me
    Last edited by Betinayen; 10-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.