Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm maybe gender-swapped Superman yeah. the costume is very... "female Superman"
    Yeah, like...if it's supposed to be Kara Zor-El Supergirl, you'd think they'd have a more recognizably Supergirl design.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Kara had a similar design in Future State a few months ago, and short hair during the New52.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Kara had a similar design in Future State a few months ago, and short hair during the New52.

Yeah, but that's not really a "Supergirl" design even though the show put her in pants too.

Short hair is more of a Power Girl thing. Plus, she was still blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but that's not really a "Supergirl" design even though the show put her in pants too.

Short hair is more of a Power Girl thing. Plus, she was still blonde.
    WB/DC could make it Supergirl design across all media like they did for the DCEU WW costume.

1 way or another she won't be looking like Kara from the comics
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Better look at Sasha's Supergirl:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-20-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Now I'm leaning even more into the Earth 11 theory. This has "reverse gender Superman" written all over it. That's basically the Cavill costume.
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

OH C'MON MAN!!

I try really hard not to be *this* guy. I pick my shots. I don't just go around making baseless "look at how important Jon Kent is" claims for the f%&k of it even if he's one of my favorites. Even with the addition of the multiverse, a semi rebooted universe, Old Man Bruce on his way, and us in need of a new *main* Superman (the black Superman sounding more and more like Joker than a DCEU main thing), I stayed my hand.

But y'all gon make me act up...

That's *JUST* Jon's suit. Straight up. According to Sean Lewis, he and Timm's were given that suit before they even started their future state book, so it was mandated. And now Jon is keeping it going into Son of Kal-El. I don't know what these means. I'm not saying anything but....C'MON!!

What if this is the newly introduced and hyped up Laurel Kent of Earth-11 aka female Jon of Earth-11 rather than Kara or a female Kal?

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hm I am starting to think her being the Elseworld daughter of Clark is starting to look much more likely. Be an easy way to replace Cavill in the main DCEU with the rumors of Burton Earth merging with the DCEU at the end of this too, Clark’s daughter takes over and he’s retired (which writes Cavill out without killing him off). For now I’m assuming it will just be a new take on Kara though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm I am starting to think her being the Elseworld daughter of Clark is starting to look much more likely. Be an easy way to replace Cavill in the main DCEU with the rumors of Burton Earth merging with the DCEU at the end of this too, Clark’s daughter takes over and he’s retired (which writes Cavill out without killing him off). For now I’m assuming it will just be a new take on Kara though.
    They'd have to totally bench the Superman IP in the main DCEU with that though, and I doubt they'd do that. She could be sort of a "teaser" for a son of Superman taking over in the main DCEU. The assumption would be that she's Laurel Kent of Earth-11, and maybe her character arc in this film is taking on the mantel of Superwoman from her mom. That would then parallel a son of Superman in the main DCEU. It also leaves the door wide open for her to come back on more multiverse adventures because in general DC's more open to across all media.

*sigh* literally just said I wasn't going to be THAT guy, and then immediately became that guy.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    They'd have to totally bench the Superman IP in the main DCEU with that though, and I doubt they'd do that. She could be sort of a "teaser" for a son of Superman taking over in the main DCEU. The assumption would be that she's Laurel Kent of Earth-11, and maybe her character arc in this film is taking on the mantel of Superwoman from her mom. That would then parallel a son of Superman in the main DCEU. It also leaves the door wide open for her to come back on more multiverse adventures because in general DC's more open to across all media.

*sigh* literally just said I wasn't going to be THAT guy, and then immediately became that guy.
    I 100% think they could do that. After all you aren’t going to want to pit a “traditional” film side take against your new Black Superman take since that will already be fighting an uphill battle to get accepted. If you have Cavill constantly showing up, it makes the other guy feel even less like the “real” one. It’s why they’re supposedly killing Affleck off so Pattinson can be the “main” Batman and Keaton can be old Batman who mentors the next gen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I mean it's a really confusing time for the DCEU right now, some people want Cavill to continue but they did announce a new Superman movie with a completely new Superman. Not only that after Snydercut and individual movies like Joker and the upcoming Batman,and all the upcoming plans (Batgirl, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, and Static and how that all fits in with Black Adam, Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, and etc.) that DC has with no real planned direction its all a bit fragmented
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

the extra red on the top of the torso is a pretty common design choice in general. Which makes it hard to speculate if this is Kara, Lara or a earth 11 thing. Wouldn't mind if they keep it secret and not ruin the surprise before the movie comes out.

Also remember the scrapped Justice League Mortal Superman.

The extra red is hardly a Jon-specific thing. The idea he was the inspiration here is a huge reach. Indeed, Kara and other female Super characters, not to mention alternate versions of Kal himself have sported a similar aesthetic in the past.

As for who she is, I'm still leaning toward Kara.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-20-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I firmly believe they are trying to leave the door open for Cavill to return without a full on replacement. Another world's Supergirl lets them use the Super IP without outright replacing him. Now, whether or not they'll do anything with this version down the line, regardless of what her backstory is, remains to be seen.
    Assassinate Putin!