Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

Looks good as a blonde! Art from Datrinti
    I'll take the reality where she does the movie as a brunette. You take the reality where she's blond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjaUqv5qFLc
    Power with Girl is better.

She looks good as Supergirl either way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I mean, to be fair, she'd probably look good even with a rainbow afro. That's just one good looking Supergirl.
    Still betting she won't be dying her hair for the role, but that's just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, to be fair, she'd probably look good even with a rainbow afro. That's just one good looking Supergirl.
    Still betting she won't be dying her hair for the role, but that's just my guess.
    Agreed, nothing against the actor who played CW Supergirl but her socially awkward presentation was too "geeky" and too much like Clark for me. Kara is supposed to give off a wholesome girl next door vibe and Supergirl should be strong, confident, and a bit glamorous. Judging by her appearance and clips I've seen of her acting abilities online this new actor has these aspects in spades.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-21-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Dispenser just pointed this out on his tumblr so I thought I’d put it here: A bunch of actors and people have congratulated the new Supergirl, but Cavill hasn’t. Might mean something, might not. Cavill also kept quiet about the Snyder Cut until after WB approved it though, so maybe he’s just keeping his cards close to his chest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, nothing against the actor who played CW Supergirl but her socially awkward presentation was too "geeky" and too much like Clark for me. Kara is supposed to give off a wholesome girl next door vibe and Supergirl should be strong, confident, and a bit glamorous. Judging by her appearance and clips I've seen of her acting abilities online this new actor has these aspects in spades.
    Melissa was a wonderful Supergirl and absolutely beautiful in every way.

I’m not sure what a vague description of “glamour” has to do with any of this or, specifically, to do with the story of a Kryptonian refugee trying to find her way in the world.

It’s fine if you just prefer the new actress but there is no need to imply that Melissa was somehow less beautiful or “glam. Yikes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dispenser just pointed this out on his tumblr so I thought I’d put it here: A bunch of actors and people have congratulated the new Supergirl, but Cavill hasn’t. Might mean something, might not. Cavill also kept quiet about the Snyder Cut until after WB approved it though, so maybe he’s just keeping his cards close to his chest.
    Or maybe he’s just a self-centered jerk who doesn’t do anything if it doesn’t directly benefit him even if it would be the classy thing to do.

I think Henry is a great Superman but I long ago stopped expecting him to show even the bare minimum courtesy for any cause that doesn’t directly benefit him. I’m not a fan of him personally for multiple reasons.

He should congratulate this woman. A simple “congrats” goes a long way and has nothing to do with his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Melissa was a wonderful Supergirl and absolutely beautiful in every way.

I’m not sure what a vague description of “glamour” has to do with any of this or, specifically, to do with the story of a Kryptonian refugee trying to find her way in the world.

It’s fine if you just prefer the new actress but there is no need to imply that Melissa was somehow less beautiful or “glam. Yikes.
    She never felt like Supergirl to me. I didn't like how the character was presented as I've already outlined.

As a fan of the so-called Snyderverse and Cavill's Superman, I am disappointed in Henry. His offscreen persona is very unappealing, as he behaves immaturely and egotisically far too often. It's because of that, and the fact that he got to do three movies like Reeve (admittedly not all solos), that I'm more than ready to move on. I can still love his Superman and love new takes, like Tyler's, because I appreciate diverse approaches.

In other words, Cavill has no good excuse for not congratulating the new Supergirl.

As for Benoist, I think she was perfect. She looks stunning and gave stunning performances. She's also a heroic survivor of domestic abuse who has a beautiful heart.

I don't think it means anything that Cavill hasn't congratulated Calle. It isn't his job to do that and actors congratulating others for playing the same role isn't that common. I'm sure he has his reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think it means anything that Cavill hasn't congratulated Calle. It isn't his job to do that and actors congratulating others for playing the same role isn't that common. I'm sure he has his reasons.
    Right, it could mean nothing. But I’ve seen some people take as gospel rumors that Cavill has been signed back up to cameo as Superman in some movies. His silence makes me think that’s not true. While there’s nothing saying he has to welcome Sasha, if she and he are being planned to coexist, why wouldn’t he welcome his newest co-star? When Reeves was signed on for the Batman, Affleck sent out a tweet welcoming him. The Rock has been promoting his co-stars for Black Adam. Sasha is going to be the second biggest Supermythos character if Cavill’s back and the biggest if he’s not. Basically I’m leaning towards Sasha Supergirl being positioned to replace Cavill Superman as the Supermythos central character. It’s WB basically sending the message that he has no leverage and either has to take their deal or get nothing.

Sure it’s all just speculation and extrapolation, but what else are forums for?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'll take the reality where she does the movie as a brunette. You take the reality where she's blond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjaUqv5qFLc
    Lol I thought this was gonna be a video of Jessica Alba as Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Or maybe he’s just a self-centered jerk who doesn’t do anything if it doesn’t directly benefit him even if it would be the classy thing to do.

I think Henry is a great Superman but I long ago stopped expecting him to show even the bare minimum courtesy for any cause that doesn’t directly benefit him. I’m not a fan of him personally for multiple reasons.

He should congratulate this woman. A simple “congrats” goes a long way and has nothing to do with his contract.
    It should be pretty hard to impose those absolutes without knowing him at all. There could be a hundred reasons not involving her for not posting a public congrats... which is an image serving thing in the first place?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right, it could mean nothing. But I’ve seen some people take as gospel rumors that Cavill has been signed back up to cameo as Superman in some movies. His silence makes me think that’s not true. While there’s nothing saying he has to welcome Sasha, if she and he are being planned to coexist, why wouldn’t he welcome his newest co-star? When Reeves was signed on for the Batman, Affleck sent out a tweet welcoming him. The Rock has been promoting his co-stars for Black Adam. Sasha is going to be the second biggest Supermythos character if Cavill’s back and the biggest if he’s not. Basically I’m leaning towards Sasha Supergirl being positioned to replace Cavill Superman as the Supermythos central character. It’s WB basically sending the message that he has no leverage and either has to take their deal or get nothing.

Sure it’s all just speculation and extrapolation, but what else are forums for?
    Cavill is in no obligation to congratule her in public. It doesn't make him a terrible person. I mean, I don't remember Brandon Routh or Welling, etc, congratulating Henry for getting the role of Superman either. Does that make them bad Supermen or egotistical too?

I also thought about this. It could mean Sasha is not part of his plan for Superman. So why would he be so happy? The other actors like Routh who have welcomed her to the super world are not directly affected by it like maybe Cavill will be.

Extraordinary Member

Loved her reaction to being cast. She seems nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Cavill is in no obligation to congratule her in public. It doesn't make him a terrible person. I mean, I don't remember Brandon Routh or Welling, etc, congratulating Henry for getting the role of Superman either. Does that make them bad Supermen or egotistical too?

I also thought about this. It could mean Sasha is not part of his plan for Superman. So why would he be so happy? The other actors like Routh who have welcomed her to the super world are not directly affected by it like maybe Cavill will be.
    I don’t care about the “morality” of it. I’m just interested in speculating about whether or not it’s indicative of what’s going on behind the scenes.