Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Sounds like it IS Kara. So we're talking a world where either she was sent to Earth instead of Kal or she is his replacement for some reason.
    Or Earth 11 where everyone is different gender.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or Earth 11 where everyone is different gender.
    Keaton's Batman isn't a different gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Keaton's Batman isn't a different gender.
    Yeah but he's not from Earth-11. They said they're using multiple realities in the movie, so it's a mix of characters from several Earths apparently.

Yeah but he's not from Earth-11. They said they're using multiple realities in the movie, so it's a mix of characters from several Earths apparently.
    Did they give a number of realities used? Because I would be surprised it it's more than 2 - DCEU and Keaton's Earth.

Did they give a number of realities used? Because I would be surprised it it's more than 2 - DCEU and Keaton's Earth.
    Enh, well, they basically said that they're treating all the old DC movies/TV shows/whatever as parallel timelines. Which, not a specific list, just a vague statement, but it does indicate they aren't going to stick with just two. So apparently they could use the Helen Slater Supergirl if they wanted. I don't think they WILL, but....

Enh, well, they basically said that they're treating all the old DC movies/TV shows/whatever as parallel timelines. Which, not a specific list, just a vague statement, but it does indicate they aren't going to stick with just two. So apparently they could use the Helen Slater Supergirl if they wanted. I don't think they WILL, but....
    Doesn't mean they're going to use all of them though, and none of the old shows or movies are Earth-11 (and the Helen Slater movie bombed so they're not using that) so I still think safe money is her being Supergirl from Keaton's Earth - probably the same Earth where Reeve was Superman before he died and ignoring the Slater film.

Grant Gustin's Flash is gonna be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Actually "in it" in it or just a quick possibly non-speaking cameo as we see scenes of the multiverse whizzing by while Ezra's Barry is running at breaking-the-dimensional-barrier speeds? Because seeing them actually interacting in a more superhero-y way fighting together or something would be cool. I mean their Final Crisis scene was neat but I'd really love to see the two take on like one villain or something as a quick team up.

(Also seeing multiple realities for a few seconds wouldn't count as dealing with more than 2 Earths for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm actually curious about this. I'm wondering if they will just port over that scene from COIE, or reshoot it to have less connection to the tv show as well as removing the mention of Vic. Have we seen anything official about Gustin being in this (I haven't)? Either way, it certainly seemed like DCEU Barry was doing some Multiverse hopping at the time, and if they incorporate that here then it means COIE happened in DCEU canon and the movie versions just weren't aware of it. It also means many Earths have been numbered already, and the DCEU isn't the main Earth. But, also means most have already been destroyed.

Or, I'm massively overthinking it and Gustin will just be "another Flash", and perhaps even the one who explains the Multiverse to DCEU Barry (and the viewers) without needing to bring up Crisis at all. This is the most likely scenario.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 06-21-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I'm actually curious about this. I'm wondering if they will just port over that scene from COIE, or reshoot it to have less connection to the tv show as well as removing the mention of Vic. Have we seen anything official about Gustin being in this (I haven't)? Either way, it certainly seemed like DCEU Barry was doing some Multiverse hopping at the time, and if they incorporate that here then it means COIE happened in DCEU canon and the movie versions just weren't aware of it. It also means many Earths have been numbered already, and the DCEU isn't the main Earth. But, also means most have already been destroyed.

Or, I'm massively overthinking it and Gustin will just be "another Flash", and perhaps even the one who explains the Multiverse to DCEU Barry (and the viewers) without needing to bring up Crisis at all. This is the most likely scenario.
    If we're talking continuity that moment of meeting Gustin's Flash is what led to Miller discovering the Multiverse, calling himself The Flash, and streamlining his suit like Gustin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If we're talking continuity that moment of meeting Gustin's Flash is what led to Miller discovering the Multiverse, calling himself The Flash, and streamlining his suit like Gustin's.
    Right...I just meant if Gustin is actually showing up in this movie for a cameo, I'm curious if they will show the scene from the tv show or if they will shoot something new. You have to assume the vast majority of movie-goers will not have watched The Flash tv show, so you can't count on viewers already knowing a meeting has happened. I should have just said that lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Does that mean that Routh is the "official" Donner-verse Superman? In which case, they could get him. I hope you don't need to have watched the show to understand the movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Does that mean that Routh is the "official" Donner-verse Superman? In which case, they could get him. I hope you don't need to have watched the show to understand the movie.
    honestly you don't need to have watched ANY of the older movies to understand that it's a different version of the character from a different universe.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I take it that's her hunched behind the thingy. Which means the suit may not be from HER universe, he may have borrowed it from Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!