Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    well Lara in Man of Steel isn't white either. Isn't she from Israel or something?

Maybe Kal got his dark hair from his mom. Maybe this Kara is from a different Earth.
    I don't mean to sidetrack too much, but don't a lot of Israelis identify as white? I know there were a lot of complaints that Gal Gadot is too white to play certain roles she's been cast for...

And for that matter, "Latin" is not a race recognized by the US Census Bureau. For all we know, Sasha Calle might've filled out her Census form as a white person.

EDIT: In case you're wondering, the five races recognized by the USCB are as follows:

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

American Indian or Alaska Native – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 02-22-2021 at 09:33 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Now,all they have to do is .They should have lor-zod/Hernan Guerra as new superman.The guy was awesome in gods and monsters.if i get this scene in live action,i would be pretty excited.Finally,something that bruce timm did helping superman.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I don't mean to sidetrack too much, but don't a lot of Israelis identify as white? I know there were a lot of complaints that Gal Gadot is too white to play certain roles she's been cast for...

And for that matter, "Latin" is not a race recognized by the US Census Bureau. For all we know, Sasha Calle might've filled out her Census form as a white person.
    This brings up an interesting point; the largest group of Hispanics in America identify as "White Hispanic". It is akin to how Muslim is not an ethnic group but rather a religious identification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_...tino_Americans
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

EDIT: In case you're wondering, the five races recognized by the USCB are as follows:

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

American Indian or Alaska Native – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
    It’s not a sidetrack. It’s important.

It’s because people confuse Hispanic, Latina and being a BIPOC constantly. An individual can be all 3 of these things but not always.

A great example is Elizabeth Tulloch.

Tulloch is both Hispanic (Spanish was her first language) and Latina (she’s half Spanish/Mexican and grew up in Latin America ) but she’s not BIPOC.

Latin American representation::can:: mean the actress is non-white but it does not always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This brings up an interesting point; the largest group of Hispanics in America identify as "White Hispanic". It is akin to how Muslim is not an ethnic group but rather a religious identification.

Yes. See my post about Elizabeth Tulloch. She is Hispanic and Latina. She is also obviously white.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Yes. See my post about Elizabeth Tulloch. She is Hispanic and Latina. She is also obviously white.
    Indeed, you are correct. On a related note, I'm a sociologist. I know all about multiple identities.

I don't know that. Not an expert. I guess being white is broader than I thought. The government definitely uses the label Hispanic in official documents like the DMV.
    https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...nic-and-latino

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't know that. Not an expert. I guess being white is broader than I thought. The government definitely uses the label Hispanic in official documents like the DMV.
    https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...nic-and-latino
    The America Government is and has historically been trash when it comes to ethnicity see the infamous "One Drop Rule" that is still on the books in many jurisdictions in one form or another.

BANNED

The America Government is and has historically been trash when it comes to ethnicity see the infamous "One Drop Rule" that is still on the books in many jurisdictions in one form or another.
    Yup. This.

I grew up mixed race but on my father's side we're mostly Mexican and Apache (turns out later on thanks to Ancestry its majority Native American, we assumed the opposite in the past), so when mentioning that part of me when younger, I'd usually say Hispanic and Indian. But titles are so freaking confusing I just forget about it these days. My great-grandfather came from Mexico so I say I'm part Mexican. I don't bother with "Latino, Chicano, Hispanic" or whatever. Apache, Mexican, Italian, German, English. If anyone asks what I am they get the full answer, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They made the people from an entire continent or one half of it(eurasia thing) into a race.details don't matter for them.what did people expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I grew up mixed race but on my father's side we're mostly Mexican and Apache (turns out later on thanks to Ancestry its majority Native American, we assumed the opposite in the past), so when mentioning that part of me when younger, I'd usually say Hispanic and Indian. But titles are so freaking confusing I just forget about it these days. My great-grandfather came from Mexico so I say I'm part Mexican. I don't bother with "Latino, Chicano, Hispanic" or whatever. Apache, Mexican, Italian, German, English. If anyone asks what I am they get the full answer, lol.
    Just say you are awesome and hope they will believe it.I mean,that's what i do.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-22-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is fantastic work.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    This is fantastic work.
    Indeed it is, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Color her hair blonde and she'd look exactly like Rebirth Kara.