Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

She should, realistically, resemble her cousin just a little bit so this is a good casting in my book. I would kinda hope she goes for a lighter hair color, but it won't bother me if they do a change-up and go with a straight brunette look.

Curious if she'll be a teen or an adult. The actress is 26, but looking at her she could pull of movie/tv-teenager easily.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-19-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLe_pR5gaYB/

Her reaction to finding out the news. How very sweet and wholesome.

It was great put to the Krypton theme! Look forward to the fan art till we get a real look.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Interesting casting, opting for a brunette. Honestly I never understood why she was blonde in the first place but I'm not white so I can't speak on the workings of genetics. All the best to the actress.

This Flash movies seems to be all over the place, and I don't know this actor but hope it goes well. Guess Superman and Supergirl might actually be trading places in the big screen and the small screen. Still weird that Cavill is the only actor that seems to be completely out, no idea why. Even Affleck's back.

WB's terrified of Superman as a concept now because they just don't get it. They keep screwing him up, so they think its the character's fault and are moving on to something else while still being able to capitalize on the S. I have no doubt its for similar reasons that the comics are going in the direction they're going in too.

That said, I'm not holding this against the Supergirl character or this actress. Maybe something cool comes of this just so long it remains divorced from the Snyderverse and develops into its own thing like WW did.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-19-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Interesting casting, opting for a brunette. Honestly I never understood why she was blonde in the first place but I'm not white so I can't speak on the workings of genetics. All the best to the actress.
    I might be wrong but Supergirl's mom Allura is blonde. In any case, I think the blond hair gene can skip a generation. And God knows how it all works for Kryptonians anyway

Anyway, she definitely looks like Supergirl to me...I think she can play a Kara in her late teens or early twenties easily enough.

But I am curious now about The Flash...will Supergirl have a role similar to Superman in Flashpoint? Or to Cyborg, replacing him as the leading hero of another timeline/world? Is Superman going to be in the movie?

Extraordinary Member

Does the Flash movie still have the Multiverse angle to it? If so we don't know if she'll be from the main Earth or a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    WB's terrified of Superman as a concept now because they just don't get it. They keep screwing him up, so they think its the character's fault and are moving on to something else while still being able to capitalize on the S. I have no doubt its for similar reasons that the comics are going in the direction they're going in too.

That said, I'm not holding this against the Supergirl character or this actress. Maybe something cool comes of this just so long it remains divorced from the Snyderverse and develops into its own thing like WW did.
    yeah you're probably right. While Its silly to me, that all the things that make the concept a tough sell, that they think using a female version is the key to cracking the code. But yeah after Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel hit a billion, i guess maybe i can't blame them.

Pretty sure she won’t be from the same Earth as Cavill if she’s debuting in the Flash given that’s going hard on the Multiverse angle. Might be this new Supergirl will be the gateway to rebooting Superman, the initial Supergirl movie rumors said they were looking at casting an entirely new Superman to go alongside her. I hope they make Superman Latino too then.

Edit: Oh hell I just remembered: Aren’t they planning to replace Affleck with Keaton and have him mentor Batgirl in a new movie? WB might be planning on replace the Trinity with their young female counterparts. A New Trinity of Kara, Barbara, and probably Yara for the films.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-19-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty sure she won’t be from the same Earth as Cavill if she’s debuting in the Flash given that’s going hard on the Multiverse angle. Might be this new Supergirl will be the gateway to rebooting Superman, the initial Supergirl movie rumors said they were looking at casting an entirely new Superman to go alongside her. I hope they make Superman Latino too then.
    Who would make a good latino Superman? Oscar Issac?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Didn't Melissa Benoist dye her hair to play Kara? I'd like to hope this actress would do the same.

But I guess actors aren't expected to change their hair to match the character anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Too old. Dispenser would love that but it’s not what I want. I want a Latino playing THIS Superman:

So cast someone young and have them be Superman alongside this Supergirl.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Inches from it! We're INCHES from it...but not gonna happen because he's gonna be Moon Knight.
    Buh-bye