Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Wow, this movie's getting bigger and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    There's only four heroes confirmed so far, so I don't think it'll be too crowded. But, we'll see. And frankly, do we need another generic origin hero vs villain story? Let's move along
    I said origin or vs movie, not necessarily and origin vs in one movie. And no, we don't need another "generic" one, but an origin or a vs movie doesn't have to be generic. Also, yes we do need some kind of "normal status quo" if we're meant to care about the Flash and his world and lore at all before seeing it all turned up on its head ala a Flashpoint. As it stands now, no one cares about any of that but comic book Flash fans, and the general audience likely won't come to care about the Flash or his lore, cast, world, etc. Just more Batman. Flash will be upstaged in his own movie. That's why it's kind of sad his first movie isn't a solo.

Tbh, I'm not the hugest fan of Ledger's Joker on a personal level, but he did feel like the Joker to me.
    I was a huge fan of Ledger's Joker, still am, and both him and Phoenix's Joker felt Joker-y enough to me. To each their own.

Godzilla went after Kong because he thought he was a threat. That's what alpha kaiju seem to do. Godzilla's never had much of a reason to fight anyone in any of these movies. Why start complaining now? And in the end, Kong saw MechaGodzilla as the bigger threat, and after they beat him, Kong and Godzilla decided to make a truce. In many ways, that's character evolution.
    A bigger threat than MechaG, since he twice went out of his way in hunting MechaG to target Kong? Who had done nothing to him? And Kong saw the robot as a bigger threat than the lizard that had twice tried to kill him because? And they didn't make a truce, Kong just submitted to the psychopath who decided not to murderize him again. That's not character evolution, it's just bad writing and bad characterization that wasn't in keeping with the prior films. You can argue those points, but I'm not likely to respond further - I've debated this film a lot since it came out, and my feelings and opinions on it haven't changed - mostly it's just been the same unending arguments - I just hate that movie and find it to have flaws in my opinion that made it an insufferable experience. There's no "winning" for anyone on this, I'm never going to cease hating it, I'm certainly never going to watch it again, and it was such a bad experience I highly doubt I'll ever watch another Godzilla or Kong film from Legendary ever the **** again. Toho's my only hope of getting a new Godzilla film I'll enjoy now.

And since when is the "bad guy winning" a bad thing? Didn't the same thing happen in Joker? I don't think every movie needs to end with "hero wins."
    Not really comparable - there was no "hero" in Joker to begin with, just a villain protagonist, and he also happened to be the underdog, and he still wound up in Arkham, and we all know at some point Bruce is going to grow up and put on pointy bat ears and kick Joker's teeth out.

And this human plot wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of Godzilla movies. So what if those were aimed at children? How's that an excuse. And the Heisei and Millenium movies had convoluted or weak human plots in several movies as well. I'm not seeing what makes GvK so "awful" here. All the plots are just to lead up to the fight. I mean, you say you want something deeper, yet got annoyed at the bad guy winning. I don't get that.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on the plot, and dumbing things down for children is awful but still feels less insulting than dumbing things down for adults, your mileage may vary. However the thing I don't get - you don't get how I can say I want something deeper, yet find it annoying when the bad guy won - you really think that made the movie deeper? The bad guy winning doesn't make anything deeper, and it's not solely that the bad guy won, but that the bad guy won in such a unsatisfying way. And again, for me, personally.

Ultimately, daikaiju movies are mocked because of stupid nonsense like the later Showa movies. This one is a step up from that repetitive, cheap nonsense. I don't like the genre being mocked either, but that's not really the fault of GvK.
    I don't disagree with your assessment of the later Showa movies - I do however disagree that GvK is a step up. And your right that it isn't the fault of GvK that the genre is mocked, but it is at fault for further cementing it. No one's going to watch this movie and change their minds on the genre, that's for sure.

Anyways, I know I brought it up, but this is kind of off topic, so if you want to respond or continue the GvK/kaiju talk we should probably take this to the Godzilla thread over in TV/Film.

Yeah, I meant Fast & Furious. Anyway, Idk if Johnson has that much power in the DCEU
    I don't know either - but I do know he has more power than Cavill does however.

I don't mind Cavill, but he's never had the best material to begin with
    True, but at this point it doesn't really matter. His Superman is kind of set and just has too much baggage for me now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I said origin or vs movie, not necessarily and origin vs in one movie. And no, we don't need another "generic" one, but an origin or a vs movie doesn't have to be generic. Also, yes we do need some kind of "normal status quo" if we're meant to care about the Flash and his world and lore at all before seeing it all turned up on its head ala a Flashpoint. As it stands now, no one cares about any of that but comic book Flash fans, and the general audience likely won't come to care about the Flash or his lore, cast, world, etc. Just more Batman. Flash will be upstaged in his own movie. That's why it's kind of sad his first movie isn't a solo.
    You do make good points out about him potentially being upstaged. I hope that doesn't happen. But honestly, I like seeing heroes interact, and Barry interacting with heroes from other realities sounds like a potentially more interesting origin than just fighting another villain.

I was a huge fan of Ledger's Joker, still am, and both him and Phoenix's Joker felt Joker-y enough to me. To each their own.

A bigger threat than MechaG, since he twice went out of his way in hunting MechaG to target Kong? Who had done nothing to him? And Kong saw the robot as a bigger threat than the lizard that had twice tried to kill him because? And they didn't make a truce, Kong just submitted to the psychopath who decided not to murderize him again. That's not character evolution, it's just bad writing and bad characterization that wasn't in keeping with the prior films. You can argue those points, but I'm not likely to respond further - I've debated this film a lot since it came out, and my feelings and opinions on it haven't changed - mostly it's just been the same unending arguments - I just hate that movie and find it to have flaws in my opinion that made it an insufferable experience. There's no "winning" for anyone on this, I'm never going to cease hating it, I'm certainly never going to watch it again, and it was such a bad experience I highly doubt I'll ever watch another Godzilla or Kong film from Legendary ever the **** again. Toho's my only hope of getting a new Godzilla film I'll enjoy now.
    Toho would just make him a static obstacle instead of an actual creature, from the current looks of things

Not really comparable - there was no "hero" in Joker to begin with, just a villain protagonist, and he also happened to be the underdog, and he still wound up in Arkham, and we all know at some point Bruce is going to grow up and put on pointy bat ears and kick Joker's teeth out.
    Joker was still the protagonist, though. Didn't he escape in the end?

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the plot, and dumbing things down for children is awful but still feels less insulting than dumbing things down for adults, your mileage may vary. However the thing I don't get - you don't get how I can say I want something deeper, yet find it annoying when the bad guy won - you really think that made the movie deeper? The bad guy winning doesn't make anything deeper, and it's not solely that the bad guy won, but that the bad guy won in such a unsatisfying way. And again, for me, personally.
    That's fine. But I'd still take this generic storyline over the obnoxious, childish Showa ones, or cardboard like in Shin

I don't disagree with your assessment of the later Showa movies - I do however disagree that GvK is a step up. And your right that it isn't the fault of GvK that the genre is mocked, but it is at fault for further cementing it. No one's going to watch this movie and change their minds on the genre, that's for sure.

Anyways, I know I brought it up, but this is kind of off topic, so if you want to respond or continue the GvK/kaiju talk we should probably take this to the Godzilla thread over in TV/Film.
    I don't recall that many people saying GvK made their opinions of the genre worse. Anyway, let's not derail this thread further. Back to the topic at hand.

I don't know either - but I do know he has more power than Cavill does however.
    Ok.

True, but at this point it doesn't really matter. His Superman is kind of set and just has too much baggage for me now.
    I get how you feel, I'd rather keep the same Superman. I don't need another reboot if it's in the same universe. Unless it's through multiverse shenanigans.

You do make good points out about him potentially being upstaged. I hope that doesn't happen. But honestly, I like seeing heroes interact, and Barry interacting with heroes from other realities sounds like a potentially more interesting origin than just fighting another villain.
    I kind of do and don't I guess? Like, it doesn't bother me when it's a team movie, say Justice League, Avengers, Teen Titans, whatever. Because those are ensemble films anyways, and most characters get equal screen time (or close enough usually) and cool moments and so on. Those are team movies, and team movies are just different. But solo films, or films where you go in expecting the title character to be the big deal, I don't know, seeing the heroes interacting in their own titles just isn't rewarding at all to me like it is on teams. So either do a team movie, or a solo movie - the middle ground between the two just doesn't interest me in the slightest typically and mucks it up I think. Like the title hero shouldn't rely on outside properties to help. Or at least I think that's the reason - sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly why some things irk you, and when asked you just kind of speculate on maybe why possibly you think it irks you, that's what I'm doing here. I just know I'm not as fond of heroes interacting that much outside of the team and team up titles, and the why beyond that is just fuzzy.

Toho would just make him a static obstacle instead of an actual creature, from the current looks of things
    Look, if it avoids my problems with GvK I'll gladly take him being a static obstacle - I loved Shin Godzilla, and while the 2 different animes haven't been great, I still enjoyed them to some extent, which just wasn't the case for me and GvK. But I still want more Godzilla content, so if I can't stand Legendary's anymore it's gotta be Toho then.

Joker was still the protagonist, though. Didn't he escape in the end?
    He was the protagonist, but it's still not the same thing. We weren't following Thomas or Murray for half the film, Joker didn't stalk and hound them for most of the movie with no provocation, they weren't the underdogs, they didn't submit to him in the end because he nearly killed them for seemingly the lols. It makes a difference, at least it does for me.

And not really - he was trying to escape, but he was still in the Arkham building being chased when we left him.

That's fine. But I'd still take this generic storyline over the obnoxious, childish Showa ones, or cardboard like in Shin
    Then we are just very different people with very different tastes. I will gladly watch Shin again, I might even watch it tonight before bed, but someone would literally have to either pay/reward me or physically threaten me to make me watch GvK again. I just will not willingly watch it again. If it's on my tv I would quickly change the channel. The only thing I can say positive about it is that it really does have the best, greatest, most amazing kaiju fight scenes I have ever seen - but that's just not good enough to make up for everything else. Seriously, I've never seen a giant monster brawl that could rival the fights in that film, holy **** they were good. And yet, I'm no longer someone who can forgive what I feel is a shitty movie just because the fights were good.

Which is probably why I also don't rewatch MoS either. Best Superman action to date bar none, but the film is too flawed for me.

I don't recall that many people saying GvK made their opinions of the genre worse. Anyway, let's not derail this thread further. Back to the topic at hand.
    To the topic!

I get how you feel, I'd rather keep the same Superman. I don't need another reboot if it's in the same universe. Unless it's through multiverse shenanigans.
    I'd rather recast, but I get how you feel about rebooting in the same universe - however I think people have forgotten that we can recast without a reboot. I can see why we think recasting goes with rebooting these days, last notable recast I think was Hulk in the first Avengers, and War Machine in Iron Man 2 before that. Since then we've had recasts only happen in reboots/new continuities ala the last 2 Spider-Men (3 if counting Spider-Verse), the DCEU having a different Superman than Routh, a different Batman than Bale, the Joker movie having a different Joker than DCEU's Leto, The Batman having a different Batman than Affleck, etc. But personally I just want them to recast Cavill but not reboot. Just say it's the same Superman from MoS/BvS/JL but there's a different actor playing him.

Ultimate Member

I kind of do and don't I guess? Like, it doesn't bother me when it's a team movie, say Justice League, Avengers, Teen Titans, whatever. Because those are ensemble films anyways, and most characters get equal screen time (or close enough usually) and cool moments and so on. Those are team movies, and team movies are just different. But solo films, or films where you go in expecting the title character to be the big deal, I don't know, seeing the heroes interacting in their own titles just isn't rewarding at all to me like it is on teams. So either do a team movie, or a solo movie - the middle ground between the two just doesn't interest me in the slightest typically and mucks it up I think. Like the title hero shouldn't rely on outside properties to help. Or at least I think that's the reason - sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly why some things irk you, and when asked you just kind of speculate on maybe why possibly you think it irks you, that's what I'm doing here. I just know I'm not as fond of heroes interacting that much outside of the team and team up titles, and the why beyond that is just fuzzy.
    I like the middle ground. Not every team up needs to be a big major deal. Sometimes it can be small. And it's fine if heroes help one another. Cooperation is what society's all about. As long as there's reason for it. The whole "heroes don't need anyone" thing comes off as some kind of outdated American cowboy attitude to me. Besides, his interactions may not be about fighting someone. Sometimes it's cool to see people from two different hero backgrounds meet up. I'd rather see that than too many civilian characters.

Look, if it avoids my problems with GvK I'll gladly take him being a static obstacle - I loved Shin Godzilla, and while the 2 different animes haven't been great, I still enjoyed them to some extent, which just wasn't the case for me and GvK. But I still want more Godzilla content, so if I can't stand Legendary's anymore it's gotta be Toho then.

He was the protagonist, but it's still not the same thing. We weren't following Thomas or Murray for half the film, Joker didn't stalk and hound them for most of the movie with no provocation, they weren't the underdogs, they didn't submit to him in the end because he nearly killed them for seemingly the lols. It makes a difference, at least it does for me.

And not really - he was trying to escape, but he was still in the Arkham building being chased when we left him.

Then we are just very different people with very different tastes. I will gladly watch Shin again, I might even watch it tonight before bed, but someone would literally have to either pay/reward me or physically threaten me to make me watch GvK again. I just will not willingly watch it again. If it's on my tv I would quickly change the channel. The only thing I can say positive about it is that it really does have the best, greatest, most amazing kaiju fight scenes I have ever seen - but that's just not good enough to make up for everything else. Seriously, I've never seen a giant monster brawl that could rival the fights in that film, holy **** they were good. And yet, I'm no longer someone who can forgive what I feel is a shitty movie just because the fights were good.

Which is probably why I also don't rewatch MoS either. Best Superman action to date bar none, but the film is too flawed for me.

To the topic!
    I guess we agree to disagree. I'd watch GvK several more times before I watch Shin. Anyway, back to the topic at hand

I'd rather recast, but I get how you feel about rebooting in the same universe - however I think people have forgotten that we can recast without a reboot. I can see why we think recasting goes with rebooting these days, last notable recast I think was Hulk in the first Avengers, and War Machine in Iron Man 2 before that. Since then we've had recasts only happen in reboots/new continuities ala the last 2 Spider-Men (3 if counting Spider-Verse), the DCEU having a different Superman than Routh, a different Batman than Bale, the Joker movie having a different Joker than DCEU's Leto, The Batman having a different Batman than Affleck, etc. But personally I just want them to recast Cavill but not reboot. Just say it's the same Superman from MoS/BvS/JL but there's a different actor playing him.
    They can recast without rebooting. But I personally don't see the need for it.

I like the middle ground. Not every team up needs to be a big major deal. Sometimes it can be small. And it's fine if heroes help one another. Cooperation is what society's all about. As long as there's reason for it. The whole "heroes don't need anyone" thing comes off as some kind of outdated American cowboy attitude to me. Besides, his interactions may not be about fighting someone. Sometimes it's cool to see people from two different hero backgrounds meet up. I'd rather see that than too many civilian characters.
    Hmm, maybe that's why - I don't care about dated or outdated, I still love cowboys and westerns to this day. When done well it's still some of the best stuff around.
    Plus, I like action more than drama sometimes, so the interactions, with rare but notable exceptions, doesn't draw me in as much. Never mind the back and forth during action scenes, cutting from one hero and villain/minion battling to another hero and villain/minion battling isn't the best.
    And it takes attention off of one hero's supporting cast and world and lore for the story - and I guess that's another difference between us, I like a lot of the civilian characters. That's the hero's whole world.

I guess we agree to disagree. I'd watch GvK several more times before I watch Shin. Anyway, back to the topic at hand
    I did rewatch Shin by the way - still love it. We are very much polar opposites on these two films. Not a bad thing, different tastes.

They can recast without rebooting. But I personally don't see the need for it.
    I can - he was the Superman of their most divisive films, inherently tied to the Snyder films in most fans minds, and unlike Affleck and Gadot who still had universal support from the fanbase despite those sharing those same Snyder connections Cavill, while he does have a sizable fanbase and support, lacks the same level of support through the fanbase. However unfairly, his take is more tied up in all the divisive Snyderisms than the others. He's the weak link that's the easiest to replace by the studio.

Ultimate Member

Hmm, maybe that's why - I don't care about dated or outdated, I still love cowboys and westerns to this day. When done well it's still some of the best stuff around.
    Plus, I like action more than drama sometimes, so the interactions, with rare but notable exceptions, doesn't draw me in as much. Never mind the back and forth during action scenes, cutting from one hero and villain/minion battling to another hero and villain/minion battling isn't the best.
    And it takes attention off of one hero's supporting cast and world and lore for the story - and I guess that's another difference between us, I like a lot of the civilian characters. That's the hero's whole world.
    Westerns and cowboys can be good but they come off as, frankly, racist and imperialistic at times. What I'm trying to say (and may be failing at it), is that mentality comes from the whole "I did it myself" that's never actually been true, but is just a selling point of capitalism. I like seeing people from different backgrounds work together to make something better. The only drawback is that big team ups don't always have enough character development. So I think a mix of things is good.

I don't care as much about civilian characters. I don't need to see every other person the main hero knows in order to understand them. I don't care about some romance that'll never lead anywhere. Although, if you like action more than drama, why would want to see civilian characters?

On the other hand, I like seeing those kinds of interactions between heroes you described. Although I usually prefer seeing them battle one/a few villains rather than a bunch of minions.

I did rewatch Shin by the way - still love it. We are very much polar opposites on these two films. Not a bad thing, different tastes.
    That's fine. Shin isn't one I really rewatch. I do listen to the soundtrack often, because it's pretty good

I can - he was the Superman of their most divisive films, inherently tied to the Snyder films in most fans minds, and unlike Affleck and Gadot who still had universal support from the fanbase despite those sharing those same Snyder connections Cavill, while he does have a sizable fanbase and support, lacks the same level of support through the fanbase. However unfairly, his take is more tied up in all the divisive Snyderisms than the others. He's the weak link that's the easiest to replace by the studio.
    I can see that. But at the same time, that's how a lot of people feel about DCEU Flash, yet he's continuing. And the whole Snyderverse continuation is divisive. Plus, Suicide Squad, the worst DCEU movie, got a sequel, with Harley Quinn, a main character in two divisive movies. So, it seems WB is willing to continue with all that.

Westerns and cowboys can be good but they come off as, frankly, racist and imperialistic at times. What I'm trying to say (and may be failing at it), is that mentality comes from the whole "I did it myself" that's never actually been true, but is just a selling point of capitalism. I like seeing people from different backgrounds work together to make something better. The only drawback is that big team ups don't always have enough character development. So I think a mix of things is good.
    Another issue, is that, while there IS a historical basis for the idea of the "wild west", it was a transition period that lasted around 18 months. It was wild because of general social instability, and thus not something that can last as a proper setting in fiction either. But it's super popular in fiction because of that. It's a bygone relic of the past... that gets romanticized due to the novelty of it, mostly by people who barely understand it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Another issue, is that, while there IS a historical basis for the idea of the "wild west", it was a transition period that lasted around 18 months. It was wild because of general social instability, and thus not something that can last as a proper setting in fiction either. But it's super popular in fiction because of that. It's a bygone relic of the past... that gets romanticized due to the novelty of it, mostly by people who barely understand it.
    Exactly. We need to stop romanticizing the past. It wasn't great.

Are there going to be cowboys and the old west in the Flash movie? Okay, now I’m interested.

Exactly. We need to stop romanticizing the past. It wasn't great.
    You say that as if most western movies aren’t about people struggling to survive or brutally murdering each other. If you wanna know an era that’s truly romanticized, I’d say the 1980s for sure.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-05-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Are there going to be cowboys and the old west in the Flash movie? Okay, now I’m interested.
    I don't think so. The conversation got derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You say that as if most western movies aren’t about people struggling to survive or brutally murdering each other. If you wanna know an era that’s truly romanticized, I’d say the 1980s for sure.
    They were struggling but the movies still mostly took the view of White men, who were the imperialists there

The 80s are annoying, though. I thought we as a society dumped them in 91. In general, I'm just over thinking the past was so great.

Depends on the western - most films and television where racist and imperialistic back then in the western's heyday - just watch the first Batman serial. More modern westerns? Not so much. Even a lot of the older ones avoided it - mixed bag like every genre if you go far enough back. As for the "I did it myself" bit? Going to just have to agree to disagree - I still like it overall in my fiction by and large with the team ups being good as more of an infrequent change of pace.

I don't care as much about civilian characters. I don't need to see every other person the main hero knows in order to understand them. I don't care about some romance that'll never lead anywhere. Although, if you like action more than drama, why would want to see civilian characters?
    Because it's a mix - I prefer action, but there still needs to be some drama, and I'd rather that drama be from the character's own backstory and world and cast than some other intruding property.

On the other hand, I like seeing those kinds of interactions between heroes you described. Although I usually prefer seeing them battle one/a few villains rather than a bunch of minions.
    To each their own, those interactions can be great between characters at first meetings and infrequently, but it feels like clutter if it becomes common.

That's fine. Shin isn't one I really rewatch. I do listen to the soundtrack often, because it's pretty good
    Again, just different tastes - I'm sure you'll rewatch GvK gladly, while someone would literally have to force me because why would I watch something I hated? Different strokes.

I can see that. But at the same time, that's how a lot of people feel about DCEU Flash, yet he's continuing. And the whole Snyderverse continuation is divisive. Plus, Suicide Squad, the worst DCEU movie, got a sequel, with Harley Quinn, a main character in two divisive movies. So, it seems WB is willing to continue with all that.
    There's a difference though - Flash is being given the Batman boost in his film with both Keaton and Flash, and has never been tried on his own anyways. The Snyderverse isn't having a continuation - the DCEU yes, but it's ditching all the Snyder elements it can outside of casting itself - even Flash is set to reboot much of the Snyder history of the DCEU. Suicide Squad may have not been a good movie, but it made money and the audience showed they loved the idea but not the execution - and Harley Quinn may have been in bad movies, but the actress and character have universal approval, which Cavill's Superman frankly does not. So yes, WB is more willing to continue with that for very specific reasons, reasons which Cavill lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have since learned of the real west, which yeah, is not the movies - but I disagree with the notion that the truth somehow means it isn't a great or proper setting in fiction - it's no different than King Arthur films, Robin Hood films, Hercules films, which treats how the real middle ages or ancient Greece in ways not even remotely resembling what life was like back then. Ultimately, it's just fantasy settings for fantasy stories, and people need their fantasies. Reality is for real life.

They were struggling but the movies still mostly took the view of White men, who were the imperialists there

The 80s are annoying, though. I thought we as a society dumped them in 91. In general, I'm just over thinking the past was so great.
    That's one thing though - you're thinking of it as romanticizing the past - I don't think most people consider it the past anymore than they think Robin Hood is an accurate history of England.

As for the view of the white man - that's not a reason to dismiss the genre, but a reason to expand it to include more diverse views going forward.

Ultimate Member

Depends on the western - most films and television where racist and imperialistic back then in the western's heyday - just watch the first Batman serial. More modern westerns? Not so much. Even a lot of the older ones avoided it - mixed bag like every genre if you go far enough back. As for the "I did it myself" bit? Going to just have to agree to disagree - I still like it overall in my fiction by and large with the team ups being good as more of an infrequent change of pace.
    I don't need team ups all the time, but I don't buy into the idea that they necessarily hurt solo heroes.

Because it's a mix - I prefer action, but there still needs to be some drama, and I'd rather that drama be from the character's own backstory and world and cast than some other intruding property.
    But it can be from both. And IMO, too many civilian character becoming distracting. Having different heroes together makes it feel like the characters are on par, whereas just one hero among civilians can come off like the heroes are "above" everyone

To each their own, those interactions can be great between characters at first meetings and infrequently, but it feels like clutter if it becomes common.
    I guess I don't really agree, because I've never seen them become too common

Again, just different tastes - I'm sure you'll rewatch GvK gladly, while someone would literally have to force me because why would I watch something I hated? Different strokes.

There's a difference though - Flash is being given the Batman boost in his film with both Keaton and Flash, and has never been tried on his own anyways. The Snyderverse isn't having a continuation - the DCEU yes, but it's ditching all the Snyder elements it can outside of casting itself - even Flash is set to reboot much of the Snyder history of the DCEU. Suicide Squad may have not been a good movie, but it made money and the audience showed they loved the idea but not the execution - and Harley Quinn may have been in bad movies, but the actress and character have universal approval, which Cavill's Superman frankly does not. So yes, WB is more willing to continue with that for very specific reasons, reasons which Cavill lacks.
    That's all true, although Idk exactly what WB is thinking. I'm not sure how much of the Snyderverse is being rebooted