Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I don't think you're quite understanding me. Racism wasn't a motivation to colonize, but a tool to keep justifying it after the fact. That's what created modern versions of racism and White supremacy. And by the time the Old West rolled around, racism was entrenched in American history. Not to mention religious bigotry.
You're conflating things again.... the simple fact you keep talking about "white supremacy" in the context of things that happened before WW2... is really really screwy. And again, the lines weren't originally drawn based on race, so why does it matter if people 100 years later used that as a reason to do something else?
How is it a load of garbage? And when did I say everyone in Africa is Black? I meant darker-skinned people from Africa are called Black, just like lighter-skinned people people from Europe are called White. Of course skin color varies between individuals in racial categories. But how does that refute anything I was saying before? I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at
The problem here is that you're trying to use this as a justification for saying that Hispanic people are not a race. A handful of arbitrarily defined categories that never had any actual basis in reality isn't a proper justification for anything. For starters, which of those archaic categories DO Hispanic people fall into?