Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, for sure. And I don't pretend to have a grasp on what WB is ultimately doing. I'm just seeing the big push for Jon in comics, the suit being very similar, the suit in the comics being a mandate from even before Future State (as stated by Superman of Metropolis' Sean Lewis), the suit being what he'll be wearing in Son of Kal-El, and the new Supergirl of Earth-11 (who also comes from Jess Quick's Earth), and I'm just trying to see how it may or may not all fit together.
    There has to be some reason they’re going so hard with Jon despite nothing outside of comics really using him the way the comics are. So while your guesses may or may not be right I share your belief that someone up the corporate ladder is invested in pushing him for a reason related to outside media.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

They are pushing him hard because they are clueless of what to do with the franchise as usual.

Can’t lie bros, seeing Tom Taylor push his Injustice “daughter” along with everyone on Twitter referencing Injustice as to where Sasha’s Supergirl is from is kind of making me die inside. Taylor influencing Superman media outside of Injustice is the nightmare that keeps me awake at night.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Just remember he's the dude writing the "actual Superman successor" in current continuity. We'll have all the Taylor influence soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Just remember he's the dude writing the "actual Superman successor" in current continuity. We'll have all the Taylor influence soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t lie bros, seeing Tom Taylor push his Injustice “daughter” along with everyone on Twitter referencing Injustice as to where Sasha’s Supergirl is from is kind of making me die inside. Taylor influencing Superman media outside of Injustice is the nightmare that keeps me awake at night.
    She was just in a few panels in a dream scenario, she's not even an actual character to adapt somewhere.

And I can't see Cavill and Adams having a 20-something Latina daughter coming out of nowhere.

I don't know why people are calling her "Latina Supergirl". Unless she was raised in a specific culture and the character identifies as such, she's just a Kryptonian with darker melanin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I don't know why people are calling her "Latina Supergirl". Unless she was raised in a specific culture and the character identifies as such, she's just a Kryptonian with darker melanin.
    Hmm as an analogy it works, but yeah..... Latina is a bit specific.

From what I recall, they didn't have a casting open to all ethnicities and looked specifically for a Latina actress to play the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There has to be some reason they’re going so hard with Jon despite nothing outside of comics really using him the way the comics are. So while your guesses may or may not be right I share your belief that someone up the corporate ladder is invested in pushing him for a reason related to outside media.
    they're also pushing public identity Clark hard in the comics, hell they've been doing it for years since the new 52. And yet I'm not exactly holding my breath for the tv show, the cartoon or the black Superman movie to do anything with that. Rule of thumb is that if it looks like dc has a master plan, moves like dc has a master plan and quacks like dc has a master plan.........they probably don't actually have a master plan

Apparently, a fan deciphered the kryptonian writing on Sasha's \S/ and Zor-El is named:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-20-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    She was just in a few panels in a dream scenario, she's not even an actual character to adapt somewhere.

And I can't see Cavill and Adams having a 20-something Latina daughter coming out of nowhere.
    I don't think Taylor was still writing the comic during that dream sequence, unless I'm remembering wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Taylor was still writing the comic during that dream sequence, unless I'm remembering wrong.
    He was, it was the last story he wrote

Extraordinary Member

From what I recall, they didn't have a casting open to all ethnicities and looked specifically for a Latina actress to play the role.
    Also this statement form Andy Muschietti when she was cast:

Andy Muschietti's 'The Flash' Adds Sasha Calle as Supergirl; Watch Her Reaction to Being Cast
    “I saw more than four hundred auditions," Muschietti told Deadline. "The US, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia. The talent pool was truly amazing and it was very hard to make a decision, but we finally found an actress who was destined to play this role."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Apparently, a fan deciphered the kryptonian writing on Sasha's \S/ and Zor-El is named:

Sounds like it IS Kara. So we're talking a world where either she was sent to Earth instead of Kal or she is his replacement for some reason.
    Assassinate Putin!