Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post

I don’t think that Sasha’s Supergirl is genderbent Jon, but the more images of her that come out the more I get confused on how she’s NOT Jon lol

Didnt this predate Jons costume?

But in general....I hate how much blue their is and the "boots" they chose for her. Looks very awkward as if she's walking around "barefoot"
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-17-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    At this point the most important question will be whether the movie will flop or not. If the movie flops what will WB do next considering that they are using the Flash movie to basically soft-reboot the DCEU?
    I honestly don't see how it'll absolutely flop though.

Its got Keaton's return going for it...something that'll even bring casual movie-goers back.

Its a Flash movie...a character who general audiences are well aware of thanks to the JL movie(s), the cartoons and the CW show. The Flash is arguably better established in the popular consciousness now than Aquaman was before his movie (jokes and memes notwithstanding).

Everyone will know its about the multiverse and alternate realities, an idea which is now gaining mainstream traction (not least because Marvel is going to be pursuing it as well).

Granted, if the definition of a 'flop' is a superhero film making under a billion, then yeah, I guess it could flop...

BANNED

If it flops

Gal gadot and mamoa’s trilogy’s will be concluded

The breaks will be slammed on everything

And they will be a truckload of money waiting outside of Coates and Matt reeves house to repurpose their respective movies to be the new DCEU with suicide squad as the only survivor of the canon purge

BANNED

If it flops

Gal gadot and mamoa’s trilogy’s will be concluded

The breaks will be slammed on everything

And there will be a truckload of money waiting outside of Coates and Matt reeves house to repurpose their respective movies to be the new DCEU with suicide squad as the only survivor of the canon purge

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If it flops than Reeve's Batman-verse becomes the mainstream movie-verse. So depending on how badly you want that may decide whether or not you see this movie. I see the current DCEU ending anyway without a Batman and Cavill's return looking less and less likely.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    If it flops than Reeve's Batman-verse becomes the mainstream movie-verse. So depending on how badly you want that may decide whether or not you see this movie. I see the current DCEU ending anyway without a Batman and Cavill's return looking less and less likely.
    Pretty much already is considering he’s going to be the only active on-screen Batman lol. Probably would love to have Reeves oversee a new DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much already is considering he’s going to be the only active on-screen Batman lol. Probably would love to have Reeves oversee a new DCU.
    Well, transferring Nolan to Superman didn't quite pan out even if he ultimately wasn't the creative head.

I don't know what universe this Supergirl is from or where she ends up, but if WB as any sense of planning, she'll share a verse with this new Leslie Grace Batgirl they just casted.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't know what universe this Supergirl is from or where she ends up, but if WB as any sense of planning, she'll share a verse with this new Leslie Grace Batgirl they just casted.
    Kind of interesting to think the ethnicity line up with both, although I don't think that was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't stop them from casting Slater as Kara's adoptive mother in the Supergirl TV show.
    I don't really see how a bit role on a bit show contradicts them not basing anything on the Slater movie?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I do not want that ~ I am excited for The Batman and don't want to see it muddled to make a new shared cinematic universe. Just give me a nice Batman trilogy that's separate from everything like the Nolan films were.
    I also want the same from Superman. Really just...the MCU has the universe angle covered, DC can just do good not-a-universe movies.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't get how DC keeps screwing up the whole shared universe thing so badly.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I do not want that ~ I am excited for The Batman and don't want to see it muddled to make a new shared cinematic universe. Just give me a nice Batman trilogy that's separate from everything like the Nolan films were.
    I also want the same from Superman. Really just...the MCU has the universe angle covered, DC can just do good not-a-universe movies.
    Why would it be muddled?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why would it be muddled?
    Because they'd be forcing a shared universe onto a film trilogy that was designed and intended to stand alone. Because WB powers that be are incompetent. Because experience basically points to that being the most likely outcome.

It's the same reason why we got off pretty lucky that MoS and the DCEU wasn't tacked on to Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because they'd be forcing a shared universe onto a film trilogy that was designed and intended to stand alone. Because WB powers that be are incompetent. Because experience basically points to that being the most likely outcome.

It's the same reason why we got off pretty lucky that MoS and the DCEU wasn't tacked on to Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy.
    I guess I don't think that would necessarily happen. WB'S problem has been focusing too much on Batman in the first place