Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Does the Flash movie still have the Multiverse angle to it? If so we don't know if she'll be from the main Earth or a different one.
    Yep and they’re going hard on it. I suspect this Kara is from another Earth. If Abrams is really taking over the Superman movies (which doesn’t seem that likely anymore honestly given we’ve heard nothing about him doing so lately), I suspect this Supergirl will introduce the new Earth where the Abramsverse Superman films will take place. The whole plot of Flashpoint is Barry going world hopping.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I might be wrong but Supergirl's mom Allura is blonde. In any case, I think the blond hair gene can skip a generation. And God knows how it all works for Kryptonians anyway

Anyway, she definitely looks like Supergirl to me...I think she can play a Kara in her late teens or early twenties easily enough.

But I am curious now about The Flash...will Supergirl have a role similar to Superman in Flashpoint? Or to Cyborg, replacing him as the leading hero of another timeline/world? Is Superman going to be in the movie?
    She is traditionally blonde like her daughter, but really can still be Cavill's cousin. Alura can be racebent and her daughter would take after her and slot in fine to what's currently established or just outright have her be adopted or from another Earth.

I want comic characters to look EXACTLY like their comic series counterparts when they are outside the comics, but zod worked really well on Krypton.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I hope she wears a wig or dyes her hair for the movie. But I'll say no on the blue contacts, after having seen Jessica Alba in Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Btw cavill can still be her cousin, Idk about the rest of you but families can be a mix of many races and still be family easily.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    WB's terrified of Superman as a concept now because they just don't get it. They keep screwing him up, so they think its the character's fault and are moving on to something else while still being able to capitalize on the S. I have no doubt its for similar reasons that the comics are going in the direction they're going in too.

That said, I'm not holding this against the Supergirl character or this actress. Maybe something cool comes of this just so long it remains divorced from the Snyderverse and develops into its own thing like WW did.
    By now, they know they went in the wrong direction with Superman in terms of what most people want and expect. The problem is that the Superman of the DCEU is what he is with the background he has and they are stuck with it. By introducing Supergirl, they can, as you say, get the "S" but with a character who is very different from their Superman.

Making her Latina is a brave and good move leading to inclusion and diversity. Those who deride any inclusion and diversity as "woke" as if that's a bad thing won't like it but, speaking as a kid who grew up on the comics of the 1960s when everybody was white, it's about friggin' time.
    Power with Girl is better.

If you can't get Superman right. What makes you think you should touch his supporting casts?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    If you can't get Superman right. What makes you think you should touch his supporting casts?
    Lower expectations for his cousin than Superman himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    By now, they know they went in the wrong direction with Superman in terms of what most people want and expect. The problem is that the Superman of the DCEU is what he is with the background he has and they are stuck with it. By introducing Supergirl, they can, as you say, get the "S" but with a character who is very different from their Superman.

Making her Latina is a brave and good move leading to inclusion and diversity. Those who deride any inclusion and diversity as "woke" as if that's a bad thing won't like it but, speaking as a kid who grew up on the comics of the 1960s when everybody was white, it's about friggin' time.

It's woke as hell, and thst is the dumbest reason to make the change Imo. If the actress Knicks the audition out of the park and can work with what the script calls for then it's cool.

Still if your gonna lift from the comics, the character in question should be the spitting image of the one you lifted it from.

I like the miles morales(one of my favorite characters over at the competition) did it right.

But let's see, if she turns out to be anotjer great casting like Zod was on Krypton then spitting image be damned

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Lower expectations for his cousin than Superman himself?
    I'm sorry man, but no. I imagine she will be just a cameo or something but it really grinds my gears how much WB screw the pooch with Superman. Like its not that hard thing to do. you have 80 years of story for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'm sorry man, but no. I imagine she will be just a cameo or something but it really grinds my gears how much WB screw the pooch with Superman. Like its not that hard thing to do. you have 80 years of story for reference.
    She apparently did a chemistry reading with Ezra Miller, so I assume she's more than just a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She apparently did a chemistry reading with Ezra Miller, so I assume she's more than just a cameo.
    I expect he’ll explore her Earth along with Keaton’s (unless she’s on the same Earth as Keaton). The only part that annoys me about Kara getting a movie is they apparently want to use Brainiac as the villain and that pisses me off because I’ve been waiting years to see Kal and Brainiac go at it. Rather Kara gets it than him being wasted on a crap JL movie though I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

About the movie Flash, how does he "save" ppl if he can't touch them?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    About the movie Flash, how does he "save" ppl if he can't touch them?
    Like Snyder’s other dumb concepts, such as Dick being the dead Robin, I expect they will be ignoring that.

Wait, Miller's Flash can't touch people per Snyder ?