Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I see this as them calling Cavill's bluff. "If you won't come back, we'll just replace Superman with Supergirl". Thus still leaving the door open for him to come back. This could be an Earth 11 situation where she's from an Earth with reverse genders if we're talking about the multiverse. If this is Flashpoint, it could a situation where Kara came to Earth instead of Kal. Though how him going back and saving his mother would cause events to happen differently on another planet is anyone's guess. There's a number of potential explanations here.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Like Snyder’s other dumb concepts, such as Dick being the dead Robin, I expect they will be ignoring that.

I really hope so, what is movie Barry gonna do grab ppl in his speed force wake and carry them to safety?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect he’ll explore her Earth along with Keaton’s (unless she’s on the same Earth as Keaton). The only part that annoys me about Kara getting a movie is they apparently want to use Brainiac as the villain and that pisses me off because I’ve been waiting years to see Kal and Brainiac go at it. Rather Kara gets it than him being wasted on a crap JL movie though I guess.
    Good God no. Nooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I see this as them calling Cavill's bluff. "If you won't come back, we'll just replace Superman with Supergirl". Thus still leaving the door open for him to come back. This could be an Earth 11 situation where she's from an Earth with reverse genders if we're talking about the multiverse. If this is Flashpoint, it could a situation where Kara came to Earth instead of Kal. Though how him going back and saving his mother would cause events to happen differently on another planet is anyone's guess. There's a number of potential explanations here.

Changed how Clark was raised on the Flashpoint earth
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    By now, they know they went in the wrong direction with Superman in terms of what most people want and expect. The problem is that the Superman of the DCEU is what he is with the background he has and they are stuck with it. By introducing Supergirl, they can, as you say, get the "S" but with a character who is very different from their Superman.

Making her Latina is a brave and good move leading to inclusion and diversity. Those who deride any inclusion and diversity as "woke" as if that's a bad thing won't like it but, speaking as a kid who grew up on the comics of the 1960s when everybody was white, it's about friggin' time.
    I’d rather they use actual diverse characters and not race swap White characters that will always be White. Blue Beetle, Jessica Cruz...etc are Latino characters who could use the exposure but instead we get Latina Supergirl. With that being said, she does for Kara, personality wise. Wonder how she looks as a blonde
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

To be honest I was kind of expecting she'd serve the role of Flashpoint Superman where she's a Kryptonian the government has under lock and key that Barry and co. need to free, but with the Multiverse they can go in any direction there.

My thought upon reading the title - Sure, a latina actress can work.
    My thought upon reading "Young and the Restless" - Oh hell no!

Admittedly I've watched a few soap operas when there was nothing else on, and it turned me against the "acting" of anyone on one...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I’d rather they use actual diverse characters and not race swap White characters that will always be White. Blue Beetle, Jessica Cruz...etc are Latino characters who could use the exposure but instead we get Latina Supergirl. With that being said, she does for Kara, personality wise. Wonder how she looks as a blonde

There are so many awesome non white characters to pull from its embarrassing to just switch someone up, just because your checking off boxes.

I want to fly off the pages exactly the way they are, and Jessica Cruz, Jaime Reyes, vixen, black lightning, steel, Val zod and a ton more say hi, they would like some time to shine also, I knkw I would like to see them get it

Arrow

Assuming they dye her hair blonde for the role I'm all for it. I don't care about race but Supergirl has to be a blonde just like Storm has to have silver/white hair, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Assuming they dye her hair blonde for the role I'm all for it. I don't care about race but Supergirl has to be a blonde just like Storm has to have silver/white hair, IMO.
    Yeah, I hope she dyes her hair too.

As excited for the role as she seems, I feel like she'd be up for it. Especially if Melissa could dye her hair for as many seasons as she has.

Okay, so reading through the thread...you know she won't dye her hair or wear a wig right? Like, I get we all want the characters to look like the page, but that is just so unlikely to happen...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The irony is, she'd be perfect for America Chavez. Who actually is latina and is the Marvel version of Supergirl. And is also a multiverse refugee.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Okay, so reading through the thread...you know she won't dye her hair or wear a wig right? Like, I get we all want the characters to look like the page, but that is just so unlikely to happen...
    Is it so wrong to expect or hope she will, though? Although I know the precedence isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it so wrong to expect or hope she will, though? Although I know the precedence isn't that great.
    Indeed, here is hoping.

But other than the hair thing she does seem to have the young cute vibe needed to pull off Kara. Also, it's nice she's excited about the role. Many actors don't care about playing a superhero they treat these iconic characters as just another gig something that has always bugged me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-19-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I've checked, and to my knowledge, she's been casted as Supergirl...but not specifically Kara.

But, again, that's just from what I've read so far.

In any case, I'm super for this!!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.