Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it so wrong to expect or hope she will, though? Although I know the precedence isn't that great.
    Yes and no I think. Yes, logically it kind of is wrong to expect she will, when the precedent is as bad as it is. But no, it isn't wrong at all to hope against the odds. But the odds should be acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I've checked, and to my knowledge, she's been casted as Supergirl...but not specifically Kara.

But, again, that's just from what I've read so far.

In any case, I'm super for this!!
    I know you're speculating they might come out with a new Supergirl but I feel like Kara makes more sense even with the Multiverse aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes and no I think. Yes, logically it kind of is wrong to expect she will, when the precedent is as bad as it is. But no, it isn't wrong at all to hope against the odds. But the odds should be acknowledged.
    I don't think the odds are that bad, at least because there's a already a Supergirl actress who dyed her hair for the role.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

But the important question is, will they do a musical number together?
    Assassinate Putin!

I don't think the odds are that bad, at least because there's a already a Supergirl actress who dyed her hair for the role.
    A white actress for tv. TV and films are different of course. And with the world today, asking a latina actress to dye her hair to match a more white appearance? I just don't see it flying. So personally, yes I think the odds are that bad if not worse. Not impossible, but I'd be prepared for it not happening.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Is there a reason we think odds are high against her dying her hair or wearing a wig? It wouldn't be a major deal if she wouldn't, but actors and actresses wear wigs/dye hair all the time. It seems like the easiest thing in the world to do.

This blonde hair talk is reminding when Eisenberg got cast as Lex and the big thing everyone made of it was how could play Lex if he still had hair.

A white actress for tv. TV and films are different of course. And with the world today, asking a latina actress to dye her hair to match a more white appearance? I just don't see it flying. So personally, yes I think the odds are that bad if not worse. Not impossible, but I'd be prepared for it not happening.
    I view it less as trying to match a white appearance and more just trying to match a part of the characters' iconic look, especially if she's playing Kara Zor-El, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Is there a reason we think odds are high against her dying her hair or wearing a wig? It wouldn't be a major deal if she wouldn't, but actors and actresses wear wigs/dye hair all the time. It seems like the easiest thing in the world to do.
    Because it doesn't happen that often - look at all the Bruce Waynes that don't resemble Bruce, or all the not-blond Barry Allans. At best, it'd be 50/50.
    I view it less as trying to match a white appearance and more just trying to match a part of the characters' iconic look, especially if she's playing Kara Zor-El, but that's just me.
    Maybe - but maybe not. The world is extra sensitive about race these days (admittedly for damn good reason). Honestly, if it happens I think only because it'll be her idea - WB will not ask her to do it.

I wonder which Supergirl she will be. It's possible that she is Kara, but the announcement seemed to just call her Supergirl, and there have been a few.

Since when do they care about a character's iconic look? For example, Birds of Prey- arguably the only characters to have their iconic looks were Harley, Helena, and Black Mask.

Maybe - but maybe not. The world is extra sensitive about race these days (admittedly for damn good reason). Honestly, if it happens I think only because it'll be her idea - WB will not ask her to do it.
    Again, as excited as she seems to be for the role, it seems like she'd up to it, but I guess we'll have to see.

I also wonder how they'll adapt the skirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder which Supergirl she will be. It's possible that she is Kara, but the announcement seemed to just call her Supergirl, and there have been a few.
    Yeah, but when you say Supergirl, it's usually assumed to be Kara since she's the main version.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Since when do they care about a character's iconic look? For example, Birds of Prey- arguably the only characters to have their iconic looks were Harley, Helena, and Black Mask.
    Let's not talk about that movie .

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    There are so many awesome non white characters to pull from its embarrassing to just switch someone up, just because your checking off boxes.

I want to fly off the pages exactly the way they are, and Jessica Cruz, Jaime Reyes, vixen, black lightning, steel, Val zod and a ton more say hi, they would like some time to shine also, I knkw I would like to see them get it
    Sure, use Jessica Cruz instead. But, so far, most people don't seem to have any problems with casting as long as the actor or actress turns out to be really good in the role.

If they turn out to be bad, then looking like the comic book version doesn't save things.
    Power with Girl is better.

Again, as excited as she seems to be for the role, it seems like she'd up to it, but I guess we'll have to see.

I also wonder how they'll adapt the skirt.
    Agreed on we'll just have to wait and see. I go with the "expect the opposite of what you want - that way you may be pleasantly surprised" philosophy for these things.

I hope they do have the skirt - the new Supergirl suit on the show without the skirt just doesn't look as good...

Now, in all the excitement I had forgotten something - She's Supergirl in a Flash movie...with 2 Batmen...and multiple earths...
    I'm starting to think this movie might be too crowded to be good. And I don't mean with characters, Into the Spider-Verse has more. In concepts and storylines. This feels like it might get messy - which means even if she knocks it out of the park, the film could flop and keep her from getting a sequel. Just a concern I have remembering all the details of this movie so far.

Has anyone thought of the older female kryptonian who was in the tie in comic to man of steel who everyone thought would be a Kara who was around for a lot longer than she is in the comics.

Thst could be kara/Karen, and this new girl could be a totally new Supergirl
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Plus, to be honest, I think she's looking pretty good with her dark hair and dying it blond might detract a bit.
    Power with Girl is better.