Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed on we'll just have to wait and see. I go with the "expect the opposite of what you want - that way you may be pleasantly surprised" philosophy for these things.
    Fair enough .
    I hope they do have the skirt - the new Supergirl suit on the show without the skirt just doesn't look as good...
    Even the Supergirl subreddit agrees with you. And that subreddit became obsessed with pants!
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Plus, to be honest, I think she's looking pretty good with her dark hair and dying it blond might detract a bit.
    I mean, if they do like they did with Charlie Cox and test the blonde hair and it doesn't work, that's one thing. I'd just like to see the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Plus, to be honest, I think she's looking pretty good with her dark hair and dying it blond might detract a bit.
    Yeah, I kind of didn't want to be that guy...but damn she pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fair enough .

Even the Supergirl subreddit agrees with you. And that subreddit became obsessed with pants!
    Ha! Just goes to show be careful what you wish for.

I never knew there was a clamoring for pants - I always thought her skirt costumes on the show looked amazing!

For the people discussing the differing races and her not looking like Cavill, I'm pretty sure that's gonna be the point. She's not gonna be from "our" DC Universe (and thus unrelated to Cavill's Superman) but another one like the older Batman played by Michael Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Agreed on we'll just have to wait and see. I go with the "expect the opposite of what you want - that way you may be pleasantly surprised" philosophy for these things.

I hope they do have the skirt - the new Supergirl suit on the show without the skirt just doesn't look as good...

Now, in all the excitement I had forgotten something - She's Supergirl in a Flash movie...with 2 Batmen...and multiple earths...
    I'm starting to think this movie might be too crowded to be good. And I don't mean with characters, Into the Spider-Verse has more. In concepts and storylines. This feels like it might get messy - which means even if she knocks it out of the park, the film could flop and keep her from getting a sequel. Just a concern I have remembering all the details of this movie so far.
    This is starting to feel like the new Spider-Man 3, where they keep adding characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Has anyone thought of the older female kryptonian who was in the tie in comic to man of steel who everyone thought would be a Kara who was around for a lot longer than she is in the comics.

Thst could be kara/Karen, and this new girl could be a totally new Supergirl
    Those tie ins don’t matter at all. The BvS one said Batman didn’t kill which obviously wasn’t true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Those tie ins don’t matter at all. The BvS one said Batman didn’t kill which obviously wasn’t true.

Batman killed? Thought he just got really damn close to it, and also tortured, but didn't kill.

Still think thsts how we can have Kara, but also a new fresh Supergirl
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Batman killed? Thought he just got really damn close to it, and also tortured, but didn't kill.

Still think thsts how we can have Kara, but also a new fresh Supergirl
    Lol he was killing people with guns in BvS, that caused a huge controversy. Trust me, nobody cares about those tie in comics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Lol he was killing people with guns in BvS, that caused a huge controversy. Trust me, nobody cares about those tie in comics.
    Not to mention the vehicular manslaughter he committed with the Batmobile in that movie.

One thing that does give me pause about whether she’s “Kara” or an OC. If DC is planning to move Kara up to “Superwoman” that would leave “Supergirl” open for this new version. Assuming she isn’t Lor-Zod’s cousin or anything lol. I still think it’s just a race bent Kara like Black Canary, Aquaman, and Iris West.

I would definitely go see a movie with him as the main Superman.

Not to mention the vehicular manslaughter he committed with the Batmobile in that movie.
    Nah that was straight up murder not manslaughter. Didn’t he fire the Batmobile guns at the cars? No way he wasn’t intending to kill those dudes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    For the people discussing the differing races and her not looking like Cavill, I'm pretty sure that's gonna be the point. She's not gonna be from "our" DC Universe (and thus unrelated to Cavill's Superman) but another one like the older Batman played by Michael Keaton.
    Kind of would be cool if she's from the Gods and Monsters universe - their Superman is latino.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This is starting to feel like the new Spider-Man 3, where they keep adding characters.
    That is my worry too.

One thing that does give me pause about whether she’s “Kara” or an OC. If DC is planning to move Kara up to “Superwoman” that would leave “Supergirl” open for this new version. Assuming she isn’t Lor-Zod’s cousin or anything lol. I still think it’s just a race bent Kara like Black Canary, Aquaman, and Iris West.

I would definitely go see a movie with him as the main Superman.
    I feel like people are putting way too much stock in this whole "Kara becoming Superwoman" thing and creating a new Supergirl. Although, I dunno, maybe DC feels emboldened by this whole Ryan Wilder and Yara thing to just create a bunch of OC's to rush into some diverse legacies.

But Kara would make more sense, especially if she's actually going to carry the franchise.

I wouldn't, if only before we get good consecutive movies with the traditional Superman.
    Nah that was straight up murder not manslaughter. Didn’t he fire the Batmobile guns at the cars? No way he wasn’t intending to kill those dudes lol.
    Snyder was the one who called it manslaughter, if I remember right. That's how he justified it to people complaining about Batman killing people.

IMO, she looks nothing like Kara. And why are they using Cavill's S and suit?

If the plan is to replace Superman with Kara, I'm out. I'm not going to support this at all. WB are the worst, this doesn't surprise me.

I feel like people are putting way too much stock in this whole "Kara becoming Superwoman" thing and creating a new Supergirl. Although, I dunno, maybe DC feels emboldened by this whole Ryan Wilder and Yara thing to just create a bunch of OC's to rush into some diverse legacies.

But Kara would make more sense, especially if she's actually going to carry the franchise.

I wouldn't, if only before we get good consecutive movies with the traditional Superman.

Snyder was the one who called it manslaughter, if I remember right. That's how he justified it to people complaining about Batman killing people.
    Did you read that article posted about the 11 new books?
    while Javins commented on the positive reception received by new characters such as Punchline, Clownhunter, Liar Liar and Ghost-Maker and spoke to DC’s ongoing commitment to a more additive universe of characters.
    Definitely sounds like they’ll continue to make more OCs. That said I am still assuming it’s Kara for the moment.

On one hand I want a good Clark movie too. But I’m also trying to come to terms that it seems unlikely we will ever get another Clark Kent Superman movie anytime soon. Certainly doesn’t feel like it’s coming. And we’re getting a TV show with a proper budget that’s reviewing well and seems to be featuring lots of Superman lore that rarely gets any attention. We got a bunch of animated movies a while back. We still have a good amount of Superman comics. I don’t want to be a bitter fanboy lashing out at the Supergirl fans getting their movie, or rejecting an alternate Superman take immediately because it’s “not muh Superman”.

Yeah it’s murder, Snyder can call it whatever he wants, but firing guns at other people in vehicles and causing their deaths is murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    IMO, she looks nothing like Kara. And why are they using Cavill's S and suit?

If the plan is to replace Superman with Kara, I'm out. I'm not going to support this at all. WB are the worst, this doesn't surprise me.

It’s just the latest S-costume and nobody else is using it lol. Cavill tried out for the role in Reeve’s costume but that didn’t make it a continuation of Reeve so I wouldn’t read too much into it here.

Did you read that article posted about the 11 new books?
    Liar Liar was popular? I guess at least it's not all Bat-Characters (although Ghost-Maker's only been around for, what, five minutes? Even Clownhunter is more justified).
    Definitely sounds like they’ll continue to make more OCs. That said I am still assuming it’s Kara for the moment.
    I meant OC's in the sense of legacies/replacements.
    On one hand I want a good Clark movie too. But I’m also trying to come to terms that it seems unlikely we will ever get another Clark Kent Superman movie anytime soon. Certainly doesn’t feel like it’s coming. And we’re getting a TV show with a proper budget that’s reviewing well and seems to be featuring lots of Superman lore that rarely gets any attention. We got a bunch of animated movies a while back. We still have a good amount of Superman comics. I don’t want to be a bitter fanboy lashing out at the Supergirl fans getting their movie, or rejecting an alternate Superman take immediately because it’s “not muh Superman”.
    I just don't feel like it's the time to try and, once again, promote his cousin or an AU version instead of the genuine article.