Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I guess we’ll just see what happens. They haven’t confirmed one way or another what’s next, and if the Flash movie reviews poorly I doubt anyone will be getting a movie. I’d like more Clark too, but I’m ambivalent about continuing with Cavill. If a Supergirl movie led to a Superman reboot that was more my liking, I’d be a-ok with that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess we’ll just see what happens. They haven’t confirmed one way or another what’s next, and if the Flash movie reviews poorly I doubt anyone will be getting a movie. I’d like more Clark too, but I’m ambivalent about continuing with Cavill. If a Supergirl movie led to a Superman reboot that was more my liking, I’d be a-ok with that.
    On some level I want this film to do well but on the other hand it also sounds like a hot mess that barely qualifies as a Flash movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On some level I want this film to do well but on the other hand it also sounds like a hot mess that barely qualifies as a Flash movie.
    Like I said elsewhere: It’s as much a Flash movie as DM was a WW event i.e. not at all. He’s basically the tour guide to teach the viewers how the Multiverse will work and set up stuff so WB can make the movies they actually want to make. And if it reviews poorly, which lets be real, seems likely, then Ezra will be done and they’ll toss him aside.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It’s just the latest S-costume and nobody else is using it lol. Cavill tried out for the role in Reeve’s costume but that didn’t make it a continuation of Reeve so I wouldn’t read too much into it here.
    It's not just the latest S costume. It's Henry Cavill's S costume. That means something, imo.

Reeve was such a beloved Superman, so it was the most natural thing to use his costume. Snyder's Superman has a lot fans, but also haters. I wouldn't use his costume for this. Unless it means something else we don't know. I'm not saying I have hopes. I just have no idea what all this means for Superman or Cavill.

This. I want Superman. I want Clark Kent. But I don't want Cavill. What DC is doing with Batman in The Batman (a out of the continuity of the past several movies with a new actor reboot) is what I want for Superman now.

Maybe she's this Supergirl instead of Kara
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    It's not just the latest S costume. It's Henry Cavill's S costume. That means something, imo.

Reeve was such a beloved Superman, so it was the most natural thing to use his costume. Snyder's Superman has a lot fans, but also haters. I wouldn't use his costume for this. Unless it means something else we don't know. I'm not saying I have hopes. I just have no idea what all this means for Superman or Cavill.
    I’m not going to take it as a sign she’s connected to Cavill, especially with the Multiverse in play. But meh, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This. I want Superman. I want Clark Kent. But I don't want Cavill. What DC is doing with Batman in The Batman (a out of the continuity of the past several movies with a new actor reboot) is what I want for Superman now.
    It’s interesting because the last report we got said they were shelving Supergirl and trying to reboot Superman again. Looks like negotiations with Cavill broke down again, so they’re putting her back in play? What the hell is going on over there I wonder? Are all the reports wrong and Abrams isn’t rebooting Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Since when do they care about a character's iconic look? For example, Birds of Prey- arguably the only characters to have their iconic looks were Harley, Helena, and Black Mask.
    Agreed. Besides, the big S is iconic enough.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    ...I'd pay the price of a movie ticket to see her in that costume. (What? I'm a leg man...)
    I’m not going to take it as a sign she’s connected to Cavill, especially with the Multiverse in play. But meh, who knows?

It’s interesting because the last report we got said they were shelving Supergirl and trying to reboot Superman again. Looks like negotiations with Cavill broke down again, so they’re putting her back in play? What the hell is going on over there I wonder? Are all the reports wrong and Abrams isn’t rebooting Superman?
    I've no faith in news about negotiations with Cavill - I think no matter what he wants or is willing to do or take, WB doesn't want him back as Clark. And has there been anything on the Abrams reboot that wasn't rumor?

This doesn't change my opinion on things one way or another because I've believed for some time now that Cavill was done as Superman. Its just not happening, its done. I don't even think they have plans for the Superman character at all and won't for some time, but if I were to compare the two ideas, I would think a reboot with a new character is at least a little more likely if not likely in its own right currently.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...I'd pay the price of a movie ticket to see her in that costume. (What? I'm a leg man...)

I've no faith in news about negotiations with Cavill - I think no matter what he wants or is willing to do or take, WB doesn't want him back as Clark. And has there been anything on the Abrams reboot that wasn't rumor?
    It does seem pretty definitive that even Affleck has been brought back, a guy who badly wanted out, yet Cavill who says he wanted to stay has not been brought back into the fold. I wanna know what Cavill is asking for because it can’t just be money. WB gave Zack Snyder over $100 million to make his Cut and that’s going to be a goddamn niche project. Did Cavill want to pick the director and scriptwriter? A percentage of the profits? Got no clue.

Just rumors for Abrams so maybe it’s all bunk, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This doesn't change my opinion on things one way or another because I've believed for some time now that Cavill was done as Superman. Its just not happening, its done. I don't even think they have plans for the Superman character at all and won't for some time, but if I were to compare the two ideas, I would think a reboot with a new character is at least a little more likely if not likely in its own right currently.
    I thought the same of Snyder but somehow he wormed his way back in. That’s the problem with WB, just when you think you understand where they’re going, they pull a hard turn. So now I don’t know what their plan is. I want a reboot, I don’t have any interest in Cavill returning at this point, but I just can’t figure out what the hell WB is planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This blonde hair talk is reminding when Eisenberg got cast as Lex and the big thing everyone made of it was how could play Lex if he still had hair.
    Hahaha, I remember that.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    As a huge Cir-El fan, now that would be interesting very interesting indeed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I thought the same of Snyder but somehow he wormed his way back in. That’s the problem with WB, just when you think you understand where they’re going, they pull a hard turn. So now I don’t know what their plan is. I want a reboot, I don’t have any interest in Cavill returning at this point, but I just can’t figure out what the hell WB is planning.
    I don't think we should count the Snyder Cut into the equation here - they already had most of the footage shot, they wanted something easy to get done for their streaming service, and it gave them something to work on during a time when the whole industry was shut down from covid. You don't have to like it or think it's a good idea, to see how very specific circumstances converged to make it happen. I don't see any reason to believe it has or ever had anything to do with WB's plans beyond the whole "something to do during covid and try and hype our new streaming service" thing.

All that said - agreed, I can't figure out what WB is planning either. Honestly I haven't figured it out since they got burned on the first JL cut. It seems to be "throw spaghetti on wall, find out what sticks" so far.
    That said, I loved JOKER and am super excited for The Batman, so I'm hoping that non-DCEU-y separate films approach is what sticks, but that's just me personally.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    WB's terrified of Superman as a concept now because they just don't get it. They keep screwing him up, so they think its the character's fault and are moving on to something else while still being able to capitalize on the S. I have no doubt its for similar reasons that the comics are going in the direction they're going in too.

That said, I'm not holding this against the Supergirl character or this actress. Maybe something cool comes of this just so long it remains divorced from the Snyderverse and develops into its own thing like WW did.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    yeah you're probably right. While Its silly to me, that all the things that make the concept a tough sell, that they think using a female version is the key to cracking the code. But yeah after Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel hit a billion, i guess maybe i can't blame them.
    Nonono... this is not silly, well, it is, but this is the exact same problem of the 90s-2000s where they refuse to make female superhero movie because "female heroes don't sell" instead of you know, bad pitch, concept, script, writer, or executive meddling

Just flip the gender this time

They really do never learn do they?

Of course they don't, they're executives. They'll blame anything but themselves.