Default Thing vs Juggernaut

Thing(Chiklis version) vs Juggernaut(Deadpool 2)

Well, in terms of best feats, Thing at least seems stronger. I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring for Ben. *shrugs*
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Well, in terms of best feats, Thing at least seems stronger. I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring for Ben. *shrugs*
    The Juggernaut in Deadpool was weaker then the Thing in FF? In my memory the Juggernaut was stronger, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Didn't Thing stop a rolling Ferris Wheel?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Didn't Thing stop a rolling Ferris Wheel?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZI_fEbhL4

Ben seems to be doing the heavy lifting of the London Eye; though what he’s doing is accomplished in tandem with Sue.
    Last edited by Harbinger19; 02-21-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Calling the London Eye a "Ferris wheel" is calling the Titanic a "boat." It's thousands of tons, and not a bad feat at all.

That said, Juggy is damn strong: I don't know that I'd give Ben the edge there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Calling the London Eye a "Ferris wheel" is calling the Titanic a "boat." It's thousands of tons, and not a bad feat at all.
    This was also my thought. I've been on it a couple of times, it's massive.

Google tells me it weighs over 2,000 tons.

The Vienna Ferris Wheel, which is a big old Ferris wheel by comparison, is only 430 tons.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-22-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So we can all agree that the London Eye feat is Ben's best strength showing.

What's Juggernaut's best strength feat then?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So we can all agree that the London Eye feat is Ben's best strength showing.

What's Juggernaut's best strength feat then?
    While still bound up a bit in the truck, he punches the ground and it destroys the armored truck they are in and the overpass they are driving over. It's a pretty ridiculous feat, I don't think that Chiklis Thing has any better.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

ISTR Juggernaut also pretty casually punching Colossus hard enough to get through his relative invulnerability with individual punches and knock out Piotr's teeth despite Colossus pretty much ignoring being at ground zero of Negasonic Teenage Warhead's blast that instantly KO'd Angel Dust (who was able to trade blows on relatively even terms with Colossus).

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The Juggernaut in Deadpool was weaker then the Thing in FF? In my memory the Juggernaut was stronger, but I could be wrong.
    It just seems the quality and the ability to come closer to quantifying the Thing's strength feats were more clear than Juggsy's. Compare Juggernaut swinging a bus at Colossus as opposed to Ben throwing a car with enough force to knock a bus into Doom IIRC. And as mentioned, although a shared feat, there was the London Eye which, depending on the source, is somewhere in the 2000 ton range. There is the tendency for me to want to give this Juggsy because comics Juggsy is far and away above comic Ben. The cinematic versions however, not so much.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.