Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Nubia and the Amazons an on-going title or a limited issue run?
    If I had to guess from just the title, it sounds like a limited series. But they haven't disclosed if it's limited or ongoing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If I had to guess from just the title, it sounds like a limited series. But they haven't disclosed if it's limited or ongoing yet.
    Thanks. That is what I thought.

Maybe it is a test run for Nubia, to see if she could support an on-going title. I hope the book is good and does well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She already has a weekly series, Sensational Wonder Woman.
    Isn't that a digitl first title that just chops up monthly title into smaller bits?

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Wow. They are really going in with Nubia. This makes me so happy!!!!

The Nubia portion of the Wonder Woman Future State title was the most interesting thing about it. (And even some issues of Wonder Woman lately.) I enjoyed the expansion of the Amazons within it and am curious where it head plot- and story-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Isn't that a digitl first title that just chops up monthly title into smaller bits?
    Some are spread out across 2 issues, some are single stories. So it's a bi-monthly basically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Beat says the 80th anniversary title is an anniversary special.
    Announced as part of the larger "Believe in Wonder" campaign for the 80th anniversary:

Announced as part of the larger "Believe in Wonder" campaign for the 80th anniversary:

Looks like they fit in Yara, Nubia, and Hippolyta as well .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like they fit in Yara, Nubia, and Hippolyta as well .
    Yup, and left Donna and Cassie out.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess Donna's the only one of them who was "Wonder Woman" (aside from Cassie in DCeased).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I guess Donna's the only one of them who was "Wonder Woman" (aside from Cassie in DCeased).
    Hmm, makes sense

Not the biggest fan of Paquette's Wonder Woman art but nice image nonetheless. Hopefully the 80th one shot is done better than the 750 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    and Artemis.
    Given that was a Tom Taylor idea, it's best to forget and cosign to the dustbin.

Extraordinary Member

WONDER WOMAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR - On Sale October 5, 2021

An oversize super spectacular featuring new stories that capture timeless messages of hope and empowerment are presented together in this gorgeous keepsake issue. With new adventures from acclaimed DC talent including writers Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Jordie Bellaire, Mark Waid, Tom King, Steve Orlando, G. Willow Wilson, Amy Reeder, Vita Ayala and Stephanie Phillips, and artists Jim Cheung, Paulina Ganucheau, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Joe Prado, Amy Reeder, Evan “Doc” Shaner, Isaac Goodheart, Laura Braga, Marcio Takara, and Meghan Hetrick, this one-of-a-kind special will showcase Diana’s past, present, and future to celebrate Wonder Woman’s legacy. This keepsake collection will also be available with variant covers spotlighting Wonder Woman across different incarnations including the Golden, Silver, Bronze and Modern Ages along with cover artwork inspired by her big and small-screen incarnations, from artists Will Murai, Cat Staggs, Bruce Timm, Jen Bartel, Amy Reeder, Michael Cho, Travis Moore and Cliff Chiang.

NUBIA AND THE AMAZONS - Series Launch October 5, 2021

The world will know her name! Follow the ongoing adventures of Nubia with this unforgettable miniseries written by Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams with art from all-star artist Alitha Martinez (Future State) . After the thrilling events of Infinite Frontier, Nubia becomes queen of Themyscira, but the new title also brings challenges. With the unexpected arrival of new Amazons, our hero is forced to reckon with her past and forge a new path forward for her sisters. Little does she know, a great evil grows beneath the island and it’s up to this former guardian of Doom’s Doorway to unite her tribe before paradise is lost forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Nubia and the Amazons an on-going title or a limited issue run?
    The announcement mentions it's a mini.

I really thought L.L. McKinney would be writing Nubia. Not surprised Williams is co-author, though. Thought so when she was announced to be part of the WW panel.

I wonder how many Issues Nubia will have? I don't like these sneak mini announcements they are making. Just put on the cover that it's a mini.

Either way, looking forward to both the Anthology and Nubia.