Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    And that’s best achieved by a line that makes them sound like generic throw away identities? Right, sure. Hardly. Mark my words: it’s gonna be the Steph and Cass show with Babs wistfully reminiscing in the back, or somehow managing to screw up every time she dare put on the cape.
    I think it's more about referring them as a collective whole to one identity.

    I feel like we'll have to wait and see what the approach is. It won't be the only book Babs will be Batgirl in.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more about referring them as a collective whole to one identity.

    I feel like we'll have to wait and see what the approach is. It won't be the only book Babs will be Batgirl in.
    Exactly, which they -aren’t.- Each are unique with their own approaches to the role, hence why we love them. It isn’t fair to say that we aren’t wanting for a Batgirl, because we are, because Babs isn’t there WITH them. That’s the -only- way that line becomes respectful.

    Yeah, -possibly- one of two books, the first of which she might not even be a permanent fixture in. Fucking -fantastic.-

  3. #63
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Exactly, which they -aren’t.- Each are unique with their own approaches to the role, hence why we love them. It isn’t fair to say that we aren’t wanting for a Batgirl, because we are, because Babs isn’t there WITH them. That’s the -only- way that line becomes respectful.

    Yeah, -possibly- one of two books, the first of which she might not even be a permanent fixture in. Fucking -fantastic.-
    But they can individually show off there uniqueness within one Batgirl(s) title together as a trio. We supposedly have three active Batgirls now.

    If you mean Nightwing, that probably depends on Tom Taylor's plans for the book and for her, but it seems like she's going to be co-lead of the book.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But they can individually show off there uniqueness within one Batgirl(s) title together as a trio. We supposedly have three active Batgirls now.

    If you mean Nightwing, that probably depends on Tom Taylor's plans for the book and for her, but it seems like she's going to be co-lead of the book.

    IF Barbara’s even allowed out on the field. They seem to be treating this as an in-name only thing. Babs heads the Batgirls but isn’t actually out there -being- Batgirl.

    Right. Let’s just see for how long, shall we?

  5. #65
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    63,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    IF Barbara’s even allowed out on the field. They seem to be treating this as an in-name only thing. Babs heads the Batgirls but isn’t actually out there -being- Batgirl.
    We don't really know anything about the books so far, but it does seem like she'll be out in the filed in Nightwing.
    Right. Let’s just see for how long, shall we?
    Agreed. Seems like Taylor has plans for the long-haul, though.

  6. #66
    Poor Hacked Diamond Lil Nevets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    I can't wait for the Batgirls book. Cass and Steph have their time again, FINALLY.

  7. #67
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm excited about the Batgirls book, but I still want a proper BoP as well. Maybe have the team be Dinah, Huntress and Starling since Babs will be with the Batgirls...
    Has Evelyn shown up anywhere since the New52?

  8. #68
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Has Evelyn shown up anywhere since the New52?
    Not as far as I know. She was one of the few new additions from that era I actually liked, but then they wrote her out in a terrible story.

  9. #69
    Spectacular Member Bad Witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I have a question and didn't see a place to ask it so I'll ask it in this thread (you don't need to start a thread for every thought you have)

    The batman noir books, the hardcover of classics in black and white, how many of them are there and of what titles?

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I have a question and didn't see a place to ask it so I'll ask it in this thread (you don't need to start a thread for every thought you have)

    The batman noir books, the hardcover of classics in black and white, how many of them are there and of what titles?
    There should be at least:

    Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Hush
    Black Mirror
    Gotham by Gaslight
    DKR
    DKSA

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Newsarama asked Tynion about Robin and Batman title, and he said that he doesn't know anything about it.
    For some reason I think it reduces its' chances to be Tim's book.
    Iím guessing some of the titles announced-but-not-announced are YA or Black Label books.
    Cheers - CL

  12. #72
    Spectacular Member Bad Witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    There should be at least:

    Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Hush
    Black Mirror
    Gotham by Gaslight
    DKR
    DKSA

    Thank you.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •