Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,203

    Default More Bat-titles coming later this year

    DC announces 11 surprise new 2021 titles
    DC gave a virtual presentation to comic book retailers at this year's annual ComicsPro event, and announced 11 new titles that it plans to publish in 2021.

    The upcoming new titles include (as briefly described by DC):

    • Deathstroke Inc.
    • Harley Quinn Animated Series sequel
    • A Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary title
    • Elseworld (1/2 of the new center of the new DC Omniverse)
    • "DC Vampires" (described as a working title)
    • Robin and Batman
    • Joker: A Puzzle Box
    • The Legend of Batman
    • Crush and Lobo
    • Nubia and the Amazons
    • DC Middle Ages

    In a follow-up announcement, the publisher said more information will be forthcoming on these projects throughout the year.

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,047

    Default

    So...who is the Robin in Robin and Batman?

    I assume "A Puzzle Box" is another Black Label series for Joker.

    I wonder if Legend of Batman will be another anthology series.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    The Legend of Batman could also be a Black Label instead of another anthology, I guess.

    If everything is canon now Batman and Robin can be DickBats and Damian, right?

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,132

    Default

    When they say DC Middle Ages do they mean DCU characters set in the Middle Age or an anthology series starring middle age DC characters?

  5. #5
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When they say DC Middle Ages do they mean DCU characters set in the Middle Age or an anthology series starring middle age DC characters?
    The latter would be kind of funny .

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Caivu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,406

    Default

    There's also an (apparently digital) Batwoman series from Gina Ellis and Maria Laura Sanapo upcoming.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

    Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow



    Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

  7. #7
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The Legend of Batman could also be a Black Label instead of another anthology, I guess.

    If everything is canon now Batman and Robin can be DickBats and Damian, right?
    If only, I'd be all over that.

    It'll probably just be Damian/Bruce, unless set in the past my second guess would be Dick/Bruce.

  8. #8
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,633

    Default

    Interested in The Legend of Batman and Joker: A Puzzle Box (I'm not a big Robin fan, so what?).

  9. #9
    Fantastic Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...who is the Robin in Robin and Batman
    Some speculated that it could be Tim and Bruce because Damian already got the Robin ongoing, but I'm not convinced DC still wants to make Tim Robin again. If that was their plan giving Damian the ongoing titled Robin is a weird decision.
    I also think that Damian and Bruce's relationship is way more in need of repairing than Tim and Bruce. DC didn't announce when exactly those titles will come out in 2021 so I wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian and Bruce to work together again in this title by the end of the year.

    It could also be yet another anthology series where writers get to write stories with any Robin and Batman they like.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Some speculated that it could be Tim and Bruce because Damian already got the Robin ongoing, but I'm not convinced DC still wants to make Tim Robin again. If that was their plan giving Damian the ongoing titled Robin is a weird decision.
    I also think that Damian and Bruce's relationship is way more in need of repairing than Tim and Bruce. DC didn't announce when exactly those titles will come out in 2021 so I wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian and Bruce to work together again in this title by the end of the year.

    It could also be yet another anthology series where writers get to write stories with any Robin and Batman they like.
    Tim isn't Robin, so definitely not him. Should be Damian. Your second point is also a possibility.

    Surprised not to see a Red Hood(of all bat related characters) or Aquaman title among the list

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Some speculated that it could be Tim and Bruce because Damian already got the Robin ongoing, but I'm not convinced DC still wants to make Tim Robin again. If that was their plan giving Damian the ongoing titled Robin is a weird decision.
    I also think that Damian and Bruce's relationship is way more in need of repairing than Tim and Bruce. DC didn't announce when exactly those titles will come out in 2021 so I wouldn't say it's impossible for Damian and Bruce to work together again in this title by the end of the year.

    It could also be yet another anthology series where writers get to write stories with any Robin and Batman they like.
    I've thought about those options too. We don't know what they are going to do with Tim at all, keeping him Robin seems like sth DC might do. But I know I'd prefer another anthology that focuses on the different Robin and Batman dynamics.

    That Damian's Robin might just get a name change could be indicated by the "Robin and Batman" instead of "Batman and Robin", but is that enough to call it a new title?

    To throw another speculation out here: If the title is written by Cloonan and Conrads, it's definitely Maps and Bruce, lol.

  12. #12
    Mighty Member KrustyKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I've thought about those options too. We don't know what they are going to do with Tim at all, keeping him Robin seems like sth DC might do. But I know I'd prefer another anthology that focuses on the different Robin and Batman dynamics.

    That Damian's Robin might just get a name change could be indicated by the "Robin and Batman" instead of "Batman and Robin", but is that enough to call it a new title?

    To throw another speculation out here: If the title is written by Cloonan and Conrads, it's definitely Maps and Bruce, lol.
    Now that would be a fun and interesting read

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member Astralabius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Tim isn't Robin, so definitely not him. Should be Damian. Your second point is also a possibility.

    Surprised not to see a Red Hood(of all bat related characters) or Aquaman title among the list
    I filed "Tim is Robin again" under "Bendis doing weird Bendis things that most other writers will ignore" right from the start.
    Bendis already called Tim Robin instead of Red Robin at the beginning of Young Justice which got ignored by all non-Bendis books as far as I remember.
    Tim was called Red Robin in Joker War and when someone asked or talked about Robin in Detective Comics or in Death Metal they always meant Damian even after he quit. So I don't see Tim being Robin again in main continuity either right now.

    But Tim is Robin in Future State, DC seems to have no idea what to do with him in main continuity and it wouldn't be the first time they make really strange decisions.
    In my opinion Tim should be Red Robin or come up with a new identity that makes him stand out more.
    Seeing a 40 year old Robin at the end of Future State: Justice League made me feel pity for the guy and I usually don't care about him at all.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 02-22-2021 at 03:57 AM.

  14. #14
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    I've said in another thread that a Bruce and Dick "Batman And Robin" title would do a lot of good - apart from there being really very few stories with that dynamic over the last few decades, both characters (and, I would argue, the concepts of "Robin" and "Batman") have suffered by not showing their glory days of the Dynamic Duo.

    All the "complicated relationship"/"having it out with Bruce" stuff - as well as the careers of subsequent Robins, reads very differently when it's a reaction to a vague pop culture memory rather than a defined relationship between the characters.

    DC probably won't do it, though, because you'd need to get more specific with the timeline than they'd like/address the "Kid Sidekick" thing in a way they've tried to fudge for a while.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    DC probably won't do it, though, because you'd need to get more specific with the timeline than they'd like/address the "Kid Sidekick" thing in a way they've tried to fudge for a while.
    I'm not into continuity porn… all you really need would be: A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •