Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    A timeline doesn't correct mis-characterizations. Writers can be fully aware of and agree on a timeline, and still write the personalities wrong.
    Yes...? You seem to think I disagree with that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So Second Son will be Jace’s origin and then The Next Batman will be Jace being Batman? Sounds cool. The FS Next Batman was ok, it felt like Batman, and I get that is a weird complaint to have, but I was really hoping to see some more of the differences between Jace and Bruce. Still I’m curious to see how he became Batman and I’m interested in seeing where Ridley plans to take him. I’ll give this a shot.
    In the same boat as you. Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yes...? You seem to think I disagree with that.
    I thought you were suggesting it did? Eh, misunderstanding I suppose, apologies.

Astonishing Member

Newsarama asked Tynion about Robin and Batman title, and he said that he doesn't know anything about it.
    For some reason I think it reduces its' chances to be Tim's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Newsarama asked Tynion about Robin and Batman title, and he said that he doesn't know anything about it.
    I thought there was a decent chance it wouldn't be, but that makes me more curious what it actually is.

Astonishing Member

Maybe some anthology. Dick and Jason's times as Robins, Tim and Damian stories. Maybe even some multiverse things, like Helena and Dick's son.

Extraordinary Member

New Batgirl series teased for later this year from DC
    "Honestly, the plans we have for Oracle and the characters in the direct orbit around Oracle are big," Tynion told Newsarama. "One thing that we wanted to do was reground Barbara Gordon at the center of the Batman mythos. Barbara Gordon is the key supporting character for Batman in Batman. She's the key supporting character for Jim Gordon in The Joker. And she's the key supporting character for Dick Grayson in Nightwing."
    "So, she is up front and center in all of this, and through all of those appearances we see that she's building this new direction for herself in a new way to evolve the Batgirl mythos with Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown," the writer explains.

"That's going to culminate just a little bit later in the year in a way that I think fans can probably predict, but it's something that I'm very, very excited for and we've got some incredible, incredible creators, who are going to pick up the baton and carry the next steps forward for Barbara."

About time .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    About time .
    If we are getting a batgirls book might be the Robin and batman book will feature all the Robins?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I thought there was more communication within the Bat office these days according to Tynion's newsletter? Doesn't seem like it if he is unaware of this.

This new title never came up in one of those their monthly Zoom meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I thought there was more communication within the Bat office these days according to Tynion's newsletter? Doesn't seem like it if he is unaware of this.

This new title never came up in one of those their monthly Zoom meetings?
    He could just be playing coy.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I don’t have good vibes about this. Tynion treats Batgirl as if it’s a disposable role, disregarding what makes each Batgirl special to us in all our eye’s. ‘Evolving’ the myth is, I feel, is going to amount to this: Cass and Steph coming out great and Babs having her time devalued and downplayed. She won’t be on the field, it’ll just be a diluted Birds of Prey title.

I'm excited about the Batgirls book, but I still want a proper BoP as well. Maybe have the team be Dinah, Huntress and Starling since Babs will be with the Batgirls.
    As for Robin & Batman, since Tynion doesn't know anything about it, I imagine it will be another AU book or anthology. Is it too much to hope for a Pre-Flashpoint book about Dick and Damian as Batman & Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I don’t have good vibes about this. Tynion treats Batgirl as if it’s a disposable role, disregarding what makes each Batgirl special to us in all our eye’s. ‘Evolving’ the myth is, I feel, is going to amount to this: Cass and Steph coming out great and Babs having her time devalued and downplayed. She won’t be on the field, it’ll just be a diluted Birds of Prey title.
    I think it's less treating them as disposable and more just bringing their importance to the mantle and legacy back to the forefront.

If they do it right Babs shouldn't seem devalued or downplayed at all as far as a Batgirls book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's less treating them as disposable and more just bringing their importance to the mantle and legacy back to the forefront.

If they do it right Babs shouldn't seem devalued or downplayed at all as far as a Batgirls book.
    And that’s best achieved by a line that makes them sound like generic throw away identities? Right, sure. Hardly. Mark my words: it’s gonna be the Steph and Cass show with Babs wistfully reminiscing in the back, or somehow managing to screw up every time she dare put on the cape. Because that’s all Cass and Steph fans see her time as and that’s who Tynion is.