Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Part 2.

Deleted scene that was later removed.

Incredible Member
    Sounds perfect.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Well, the mom’s name is Della Duck.
    Who she is and where she’s been was a major plot line of the reboot series.

The triplets’ dad at one point was Daisy Duck’s brother Jaimie. The reboot introduced Daisy as a recent romantic interest for Donald so that’s prob. changed who their dad is.
    i know that they changed a lot in the reboot I was only talking about the original series...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There was one episode, set during the French Revolution...or maybe it was a Three Musketeers parody...anyway, Tom was tasked with preventing mice from eating all the food for a banquet or something. Of course Jerry wins against him. It ends with a shot of the guillotine - Tom was beheaded. Jerry got Tom killed all so he could eat lavishly, and of course this being Tom and Jerry was portrayed somewhat heroically/in the "pro"tagonist role. The hero got someone killed just to eat fine cheese and fruits and meats.

That's a seriously messed up episode! I mean, usually Tom is the one messing with Jerry and gets his comeuppance, but Jerry was totally the villain here and Tom still pays, this time in bleakly morbid fashion...
    Jerry is the villain most times, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    Jerry is the villain most times, lol.
    Not really, no...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    i know that they changed a lot in the reboot I was only talking about the original series...
    Ah.
    Still, any excuse to post a Della Duck pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really, no...
    No, Jerry’s def. not the villain.
    If anything both are just being what they are, a cat and a mouse.

BANNED

Although this video I feel is more useful on the introducing xmen to the mcu thread, I think this video also works here well.

One episode I remember is the episode Nightcrawler first appeared.Rogue visits a Catholic Church filled with religious monks and she insist or I think one of the men told her to cover up. rogue vaguely agrees admitting that she has a very sexy body and would not like to make the religious monks ''restless'' because of this.

Although she does not say sexy, she heavily alludes to that. HA, that was pretty daring for an old kids cartoon but I got the memo
    Last edited by Castle; 02-22-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    And the other Tom & Jerry episode in which Tom was hiding inside a gift box to lure Jerry into a trap. When Jerry comes out and sees the present, he decides to stick needles in the box and then saw it in half while Tom was inside. This show had some really graphic sh!t.
    I hate that particular cartoon. I think it went overboard in it's cruelty to Tom.

It's called 'Mouse Trouble' and what's worse, it won an Academy Award for cartoon short.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ah.
    Still, any excuse to post a Della Duck pic.
    Won't lie, for a cartoon anthropomorphic duck, Della is a milf...

No, Jerry’s def. not the villain.
    If anything both are just being what they are, a cat and a mouse.
    True, but they clearly want you to side or root for the mouse most often.

Jerry is shown as a hero in most of them but they did flip it and make jerry the bad guy a few times like year of the mouse! In tom and jerry tales they gave jerry more of a jerk attitude at times. So they were more even there. Tom and jerry kids tom was the jerk 90% of the time!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The way they got away with Joker killing people in BTAS by having them with those creepy grins, even though every kid knew that was death if they didn't get caught in time.
    Very rarely did his victims get "offed". Most of the time they were treated with thr anti-toxin Batman came up with and there was usually a line by Gordon or Bullock saying " they are stable and should pull through". There were one or two exceptions though. What the Joker did to Salvatore and Artie in Mask Of The Phantasm was downright deranged (especially having Salvatore's corpse strapped with a bomb in order to lay that trap).

Doesn't make it any less creepy.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 02-23-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

The occult/satanic stuff in the opening of Duckula with pentagrams and rituals (surprised that got under the radar over in the UK).

The Animals Of Farthing Wood was like GoT with animals - one hedgehog getting caught crossing the highway and the wife of said hedgehog going to join her husband so they could die together (they got run over), the mice/rats being impaled on thorns bloodied, beaten and dying etc. It was brutal at times.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    That it's okay to hunt sentient rabbits and ducks.
    If you're talking about Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck cartoons, I don't recall Elmer Fudd or any other hunters ever being portrayed as being in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    An episode of the original Transformers has both Autobots and Deceptions discover a source of golden liquid that makes them invulnerable, at the end there is a huge battle in a forest that decimates entire trees and scares away the woodland creatures.

The final shot is a panning view of a burnt forest and one Autobot just shrugs it off by saying "we won".
    He didn't shrug it off. He was lamenting the destruction. The whole point of the episode was to illustrate the negative effects of war on nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, Pokemon is still ongoing, Ash is still 10, and still running around the world unsupervised.

On that note though; Brock was freaking creepy in hindsight.
    Yea, even in the 90's when I watched the show I thought it was weird. When the show first aired I was like 11 and thought to myself " my folks would never let me just wonder the world alone looking for pokemon lol". Its definitely strange that in the world of Pokemon it's fine for kids at the age of 10 to travel the world alone and capture dangerous creatures that could kill people ( Charizard, Pikachu, Gyarados and MANY more).