View Poll Results: What percent of DC books read do you like?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nearly 100%

11 28.95%
  • 80-90%

12 31.58%
  • 60-70%

4 10.53%
  • 40-50%

5 13.16%
  • 20-30%

1 2.63%
  • Hate nearly everything but maybe 10%

6 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    A bit out of topic, but what rpg books are you interested in?
    I recently bought and have been playing-
    Eorathril, which is an OSR-based low fantasy rpg. (First rpg in a long time that I liked so much that I ordered a print-on-demand copy.)
    Mothership and White Star, for sci-fi.

Hideouts & Hoodlums, Gangbusters BX and Eldritch Tales are my most recent purchases.
    I plan to combine them into a pulp hero game.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

As a general rule, I don't waste my money by buying comics I don't like, that being said....

If a comic takes a dip in writing, or if it's a character I really love (say Hal Jordan) than I'll try to slog it out before dropping the title, so I'd say 80 to 90%

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    As a general rule, I don't waste my money by buying comics I don't like, that being said....

If a comic takes a dip in writing, or if it's a character I really love (say Hal Jordan) than I'll try to slog it out before dropping the title, so I'd say 80 to 90%
    I started reading Wonder Woman following the cross-over with JLD.
    If I were buying floppies, I would've stopped buying after the second Nord issue (the one with the very noticeable rushed art during the WW/Ares fight scene). Comics cost too much to hold out for better these days.
    However, with it being DCUI, I'm hanging on to see what happens with the Aphrodite story before I make a decision.

Similarly, I just started reading Aquaman with #43. The art is amazing, but the story isn't doing anything for me right now. I wouldn't spend $4 or $5 a month for pretty pictures. I would've dropped it after that one issue.
    With DCUI, I can stay with it for a few more to see if the story gets more interesting to me or not. And still get some pretty pictures.

In the '80s and '90s, I would've slogged through and kept an eye out for a replacement comic. If one appeared that interested me before the comic improved, I would switch over.
    I really didn't reach that point with JLI until Breakdowns and the Wozniak art. But I had been reading JLI for five years and Breakdowns was an important story, so I stuck with it until the end.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.