View Poll Results: Should Soule write ASM?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 37.50%
  • No

20 62.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’ve not read one thing of Soule’s I didn’t like...

BANNED

I didn't care much for "Return of Wolverine" and "Wolverine: The Vigil" was downright forgettable. Come to think of it, the end of his DD stint wasn't exactly among his best work, so... he's on a downfall?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I didn't care much for "Return of Wolverine" and "Wolverine: The Vigil" was downright forgettable. Come to think of it, the end of his DD stint wasn't exactly among his best work, so... he's on a downfall?
    Everyone has a character on which they do less than stellar work. Wolverine is that for Soule. He had the voice down. But those stories were forgettable. Aaron was the same with Hulk when he wrote it.

His DD run was great. It didn't hit the highs of Miller or Bendis, but it was a solid run that continued the quality of work done on the character since 1998. It also helped that his background as a lawyer allowed him to actually pursue thoughtful legal narratives. Plus he created Muse.

BANNED

Dark Art was his best work on DD. Up to the best Nocenti/Romita Jr. or Brubaker/Lark. Miller, Miller/Mazzuchelli and Bendis/Maleev are still out of reach.

Astonishing Member

Soule might be a strong contender for ASM.

Astonishing Member

It saddens me that Soule is no longer writing Marvel Superheroes. He's currently writing Star Wars. When he was writing The She-Hulk, I wished he had used that opportunity to capture a large chuck of the Spider-Man readers to his work by doing a She-Hulk and Spider-Man story arc. For the 2010's, there was only one Team-Up adventure between Spider-Man & She-Hulk, but tons of stories between Spider-Man and Deadpool, despite the later not appearing in the pages of ASM. She-Hulk and Spider-Man under Soule's writing would had brought him a huge following of $$$ customers..

Niffleheim

He's a competent writer but I find his stories too safe and not that entertaining. I've read his Inhuman, Uncanny Inhumans to IvX, his Daredevil and Star Wars. His writing wouldn't mesh well with a character like Peter Parker/Spider-Man. His stories will mostly center on Peter than Spidey if that is what you prefer.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He's a competent writer but I find his stories too safe and not that entertaining. I've read his Inhuman, Uncanny Inhumans to IvX, his Daredevil and Star Wars. His writing wouldn't mesh well with a character like Peter Parker/Spider-Man. His stories will mostly center on Peter than Spidey if that is what you prefer.
    I once asked him if Spider-Man would appear during his run on She-Hulk. He could had used Spider-Man in a guest spot and acquire a large audience to his work. It would had been cool to see Soule have Peter Parker working alongside Jennifer in some of her adventures. He blocked me from his twitter page as a result.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I vote for Christopher Priest.
    Priest has crazy levels of baggage with Spider-Man from the 1980s.