Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Avalon/Otherworld stuffs, greeaat
    It really is to think in one fell swoop Hickman made Avalon a part of the X-men's playground and expanded upon Otherworld with his world building.

This looks good!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    remember that “it’s time we come to terms that Age of X-Man is NOT canon” thread?? LOL
    lol, I'm tired just thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Who's the kid screaming supposed to be? Also I wouldn't mind a little more of the Thicc Brown Mutant

Who?

After I thought a moment. I wholeheartedly second this...I remember doing similarly dumb AF Dares...We just didn't film everything... thankfully
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Monic...an)_(Earth-616)

The horned guy was in PX, notably in issue 4, but I don't think was named.

There are a couple of possibilities for the third mutant from Prisoner X. One was winged and one was a telekinetic.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 02-21-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Wow I never thought Excalibur stuff could be so refreshing... dare I say intriguing lol
    Too bad that *THIS* wasn't what we got for the New Mutants Movie instead of the crud we did get.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    lol, I'm tired just thin

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Monic...an)_(Earth-616)

The horned guy was in PX, notably in issue 4, but I don't think was named.

There are a couple of possibilities for the third mutant from Prisoner X. One was winged and one was a telekinetic.
    Prob this trio:trio.jpg

Can she take over Excalibur, too?

Mighty Member

Not many people here seem to be interested in the next issue of New Mutants judging from the low numbers of posts in this thread.

Let's hope that this won't turn out to be another 'Brisson run' where stories are boring and characters uninteresting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Not many people here seem to be interested in the next issue of New Mutants judging from the low numbers of posts in this thread.

Let's hope that this won't turn out to be another 'Brisson run' where stories are boring and characters uninteresting.
    That's more that the preview doesn't really give us much to talk about. The issue's not taking place in England and those pages have little to nothing to do with the main plot and don't feature any main characters. It's like how the preview pages for the previous issue weren't brought up again for the entire issue, only this time it's more obvious that that is the case and it's not foreshadowing anything which will be brought back in later issues. It's just 'dumb kids show why they need supervision' to set up why the New Mutants are now teachers again. A preview that was setting the plot up or moving the plot forward would have a lot more responses than what is essentially 2 pages of filler.

How would you know these pages are "filler"? Especially when one of the solicits tells us that the New Mutants will have to go into Otherworld to rescue a kid that's lost there

Also there's really no comparison between Brisson's run and Vita's. The emotional stakes and great characterizations they have given in these few issues have already turned the title into one of my favorites of the entire era

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    How would you know these pages are "filler"? Especially when one of the solicits tells us that the New Mutants will have to go into Otherworld to rescue a kid that's lost there

Also there's really no comparison between Brisson's run and Vita's. The emotional stakes and great characterizations they have given in these few issues have already turned the title into one of my favorites of the entire era
    These previews are AD BAIT for these sorts of web sites. Pretty much nothing more. They don't actually tell you anything of real importance.

Extraordinary Member

Hmmm. Maybe the horned kid could be the kid who is lost in Otherworld, but I would expect it to be one of the kids who's had focus so far, namely Scout, Fauna, or Cosmar who would seem to be the number 1 choice. Story-wise it doesn't make sense for it to be a random kid who showed up for a couple of panels. Does he even have a name?

heh...that was cute

I think these kids need a class on who not to mess with on Krakoa...Jamie is probably high on that list

Guys, you're not gonna get unsatisfied in this issue.