View Poll Results: Who is your favourite form of the Ultra-Humanite?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Old Mad Scientist; Gerald Shugel

3 15.79%
  • The Actress Delores Winters

5 26.32%
  • The Rare Albino Gorilla of Gorilla City

12 63.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Default Who is your favorite form of the Ultra-Humanite?

Over the years, Superman's first big bad: the Ultra-Humanite, has gone through multiple bodies. While there have been other versions (An insect, a T-Rex, a possessed Johnny Thunder), I consider these three to be the most popular. Of these three, which is your personal favorite?

Ultra-Humanite 1.jpg The Mad Scientist (later known as Gerald Shugel)
    Ultra-Humanite 2.jpg Actress Delores Winters
    Ultra-Humanite 3.jpg The rare Albino Gorilla stolen from Gorilla City.

Incredible Member

ultra-humanite.jpg

the albino ape seemed the most popular.

The Rare Albino Gorilla of Gorilla City is my favorite form, by far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Retired

In terms of the original continuity (so no gorilla--and who is Gerald Shugel, sounds like Jerry Siegel?), I like Winters. Not that they ever got much panel time, but I like to think about what might have been if the comics had continued with their story. The whole man-woman thing.

TBH, I was never thrilled with any of them. He's the type of character I think needs a major overhaul all-around. The New 52 idea in Pak's run was interesting, if maybe a bit too out there. But then again it was a rather small appearance and never showed up again. Either way he needs a lot of work.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    TBH, I was never thrilled with any of them. He's the type of character I think needs a major overhaul all-around. The New 52 idea in Pak's run was interesting, if maybe a bit too out there. But then again it was a rather small appearance and never showed up again. Either way he needs a lot of work.
    I agree. I don't think the Ultra Humanite should ever show up in exactly the same form. I did like the New 52 take.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In terms of the original continuity (so no gorilla--and who is Gerald Shugel, sounds like Jerry Siegel?), I like Winters. Not that they ever got much panel time, but I like to think about what might have been if the comics had continued with their story. The whole man-woman thing.
    Exactly; in 2009 Power Girl Vol. 2, Ultra-Humanite's origin was revised, and the writers gave him the name Gerald Shugel, a name derived from both creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Exactly; in 2009 Power Girl Vol. 2, Ultra-Humanite's origin was revised, and the writers gave him the name Gerald Shugel, a name derived from both creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel.
    That’s prob. my favorite version of the character. A great mix of funny and dangerous.

Incredible Member

he's just a living brain with plenty of clone apes as hosts.

Retired

Personally, I prefer what my imagination fills in from the original Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster stories. But I did like what John Byrne did with Ultra in GENERATIONS.

I would just flat out prefer the original if not for the fact eventually Lex Luthor took over that role completely. Heck didn't Lex get his signature bald appearance because he was mistakenly drawn as Ultra-Humanite in an issue?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The one from Generations.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The disabled old man. The contrast. I mean if they give super suit to Luthor and gorilla form to Ultra for me kind of defeat the thematic purpose.

I didn't even know he showed up in New 52

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    he's just a living brain with plenty of clone apes as hosts.

Wait I like the just brain concept too though
    I guess if he constantly body jumping that's gonna be a fun story and it will be a different enough concept to Luthor
    Just not always ape okay