Default Songs, movies or shows that saved you

My local classic rock radio station asked this question about songs that helped you during a crisis in your life.

I want to extend it to also movies and TV shows.

Ok this was an easy choice for me. THe song is goffy but here the story.

When I was younger I moved away from home. I was away from family and friends and in a strange area. I was super depressed. (This was before I was on my crazy pills) I worked a job I hated and it was a super rough time.

The owner of the store I worked at played music. And one song he played over and over was The Ketchup Song - by Las Ketchup. I never understood the words. but it was a happy upbeat tune and it made me smile for a couple minutes a day when it was on.

That song as odd as it sounds helped me though a rough time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ok this was an easy choice for me. THe song is goffy but here the story.

When I was younger I moved away from home. I was away from family and friends and in a strange area. I was super depressed. (This was before I was on my crazy pills) I worked a job I hated and it was a super rough time.

The owner of the store I worked at played music. And one song he played over and over was The Ketchup Song - by Las Ketchup. I never understood the words. but it was a happy upbeat tune and it made me smile for a couple minutes a day when it was on.

That song as odd as it sounds helped me though a rough time.

I believe you, music has a lot of power. Music is one of my top favorite things in the whole world.

Something that helped me a lot and inspired me when I was going thru a hard time in my life emotionally was definitely Star Trek. I was feeling very depressed but watching the shows in the 90s, especially TNG and DS9, made me feel so much better. They helped me realize my problem was not really a problem but an opportunity to grow and expand my mind to new and better ideas. I started to feel more confident and my self esteem went higher. Those characters and the stories made me see things in a new light. and it was entertaining as hell too.

I have a strong connection to music. I play piano at times. not as much any more. I dated a woman years ago. She was my first love (Before I saw a naked male and thought man I want that) I would play the Phantom of The Opera score on the piano and she would sing the songs. Such an amazing voice. it was one of the best times of my life. Now I can not play that score or watch the play or movies with out getting upset. So music is very powerful.

Star Trek was such a great show. it really made me feel hopeful that things will get better and strive for that world they lived in.

I am glad you had that to help you.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

AC/DC. Party rock, yeah. But their upbeat, fun, and iconic songs got me through some dark days.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I believe you, music has a lot of power. Music is one of my top favorite things in the whole world.

Something that helped me a lot and inspired me when I was going thru a hard time in my life emotionally was definitely Star Trek. I was feeling very depressed but watching the shows in the 90s, especially TNG and DS9, made me feel so much better. They helped me realize my problem was not really a problem but an opportunity to grow and expand my mind to new and better ideas. I started to feel more confident and my self esteem went higher. Those characters and the stories made me see things in a new light. and it was entertaining as hell too.
    Agreed, 100%. I started with TNG and loved it from the start. The idea that we as a society could exist in the pursuit of something beyond the accumulation of wealth and power was mind blowing as a kid. And while I was enamored with the utopian vision of TNG, it was the DS9 crew making lemonade out of lemons that took my appreciation to a whole new level.

Musically, the artist that has gotten me through the most rough patches is Stevie Nicks. She's frequently gushed over by her fans - many of whom are perceived to be obsessive, and possibly insane - but I'm not quite that bad.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

While I mostly loved High School I had allot of hard points especially while trying to be good in the wrestling team, so when I was done with a day I always turned on a Taped episode off the Sci-Fi channel of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and I can’t tell you how much then and at other times that show help me get threw what was at the time hard and physically draining days.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!