Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DBS Future Trunks vs Injustice Superman

In one corner, you have the most practical/no BS Saiyan in Future Trunks, defender of his timeline's Earth, and hero to the people. Since his DBZ days, he's grown by leaps and bounds. He was mentored by Shin, the Supreme Kai, to where he mastered Super Saiyan 2 and defeated Dabura and Babidi of his timeline before they could revive Buu. He would continue to train, not for personal pride or arrogance, but to protect his Earth. During his arc in Super, Trunks hit a further level of Super Saiyan, seemingly a hybrid of Blue and Super Saiyan 2, which allowed him to at least match Goku Black in one on one, and even surge to where he could stop Fused Zamasu and deliver a brutal blow. But after this, Trunks would be dealt the severe blow of being 1 of only 2 survivors of his universe. The rest, from his mother down to little children, and everyone else, was either killed or erased.

In the other corner, we have the self-appointed dictator of the Injustice Universe, Injustice Superman. After being gassed by a special Joker toxin when Lois Lane was kidnapped, he accidentally killed her, which in turn, ignited a nuclear bomb that wiped out Metropolis. From that point forward, this Clark began going more and more Darth Vader (though without the self-loathing, it seems). It began with killing Joker, but then kept escalating to where he not only murdered Billy Batson in cold blood, but nearly wiping out Gotham and the rebuilt Metropolis. During this time period, Clark himself, or those closely associated with him, would also become personally responsible for killing people they once called friends. Showing that even old attachments would come to mean little to the Dictator of Steel.

In this battle, there will be a few scenarios;
    1. Blood lust. No questions, little chit-chat, just the two getting down to business.
    2. Both do a bit of talking before and during the fight.
    3. Trunks becomes a sort of third party. Agreeing that Joker should have died, but that Clark went too far in what he was doing (not being on either side, but still seeing Clark as the bigger threat).
    4. They sit and talk.

Arena- Ruins of a city. Be it Metropolis or West City, probably makes little difference at this point.
    2. Trunks learns

Yeah no, that sounds like a huge stomp.

By DBS, the Z fighters are way past any Post-Crisis strength levels and Injustice Supes doesn't have any feats putting him beyond that, IIRC.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yup, this is a slaughter for Trunks. Post-Crisis Supes might be a match for, I dunno, Semi Perfect Cell? I think Perfect is a bridge too far. Super-Era Future Trunks forgot about that power level a long time ago.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I disagree I think PC supman is above cell at least in speed and strength at least that's what everyone was saying back in the old days of CBR.

Ultimate Member

The Dragon Ball universe has been completely broken post-Battle of the Gods.

It's hard to scale the saiyans in purely strength with Marvel or DC characters at this point. We have to start going back into Pre-Crisis to scale them properly.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-25-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I disagree I think PC supman is above cell at least in speed and strength at least that's what everyone was saying back in the old days of CBR.
    Nah, Perfect Cell was at least solar-system buster level, and took hits from people as strong as him. That's waaaaayyyyyy beyond post crisis DC dudes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nah, Perfect Cell was at least solar-system buster level, and took hits from people as strong as him. That's waaaaayyyyyy beyond post crisis DC dudes.
    To be fair, that's more in terms of energy blasting/resistance rather than physical strength or speed where Dragonball Z characters were a lot more nebulous in feats than Post-Crisis DC characters tend to be. That said, Cell was at the level where people significantly below him were casually one-shotting class 100s, and if he (or even Frieza) was even remotely in the same speed tier as Post-Crisis Clark and his peers, then being able to spam concentrated bursts of planet busting+ levels of power should allow them to comfortably get the win. And that's not even considering Cell's pretty decent amounts of regen that let him just get right back into the fight after having his head completely vaporized.

Not sure if I missed anything since then, but I am pretty sure we are not taking Cell's Solar System Buster bragging at face value, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Not sure if I missed anything since then, but I am pretty sure we are not taking Cell's Solar System Buster bragging at face value, do we?
    I don't see why not. The only reason the solar system wasn't destroyed was because of Gohan (mainly) and the others supporting him.

A similar instance, back in the Saiyan Saga, Vegeta threatened to destroy Earth. Do you doubt for a moment that was out of his capability? And, like Gohan with Cell, it was Goku's Kamehameha that stopped Earth from going "BOOM!".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't see why not. The only reason the solar system wasn't destroyed was because of Gohan (mainly) and the others supporting him.

A similar instance, back in the Saiyan Saga, Vegeta threatened to destroy Earth. Do you doubt for a moment that was out of his capability? And, like Gohan with Cell, it was Goku's Kamehameha that stopped Earth from going "BOOM!".
    Vegeta also thought he was a Super Saiyan that one time when he wasn't a Super Saiyan and got humiliated by Freiza. You can't really take everything these people say at face value without backing it up by actually doing it.

Cell never destroyed a solar system, whic is considerably bigger than any planet, so why should just believe him when he says he can?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Vegeta also thought he was a Super Saiyan that one time when he wasn't a Super Saiyan and got humiliated by Freiza. You can't really take everything these people say at face value without backing it up by actually doing it.

Cell never destroyed a solar system, whic is considerably bigger than any planet, so why should just believe him when he says he can?
    In all fairness, Vegeta had no idea what a Super Saiyajin was, other than "a really strong Saiyajin," so that was mostly a case of misidentifying something he only heard legends about when he was a small child.

Vegeta's threat to blow up the planet is something that he is much more likely to have already done or witnessed, and like Cell's threat to blow up the solar system, was made to a (bunch of) martial arts genius(es) who could sense exactly how much power he was charging up, so there would be no particular point in making up a false claim. It's not a 100% clean feat since he didn't actually do it, but it's at least plausible as an informed statement made to a bunch of people who could call him out on it if he was making it up, but didn't.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In all fairness, Vegeta had no idea what a Super Saiyajin was, other than "a really strong Saiyajin," so that was mostly a case of misidentifying something he only heard legends about when he was a small child.

Vegeta's threat to blow up the planet is something that he is much more likely to have already done or witnessed, and like Cell's threat to blow up the solar system, was made to a (bunch of) martial arts genius(es) who could sense exactly how much power he was charging up, so there would be no particular point in making up a false claim. It's not a 100% clean feat since he didn't actually do it, but it's at least plausible as an informed statement made to a bunch of people who could call him out on it if he was making it up, but didn't.
    In the anime, base Vegeta blew up the insect people’s planet and their moon very casually.

Basically, Vegeta 100% meant it and knew what he was saying when he said he’ll blow up the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah no, that sounds like a huge stomp.

By DBS, the Z fighters are way past any Post-Crisis strength levels and Injustice Supes doesn't have any feats putting him beyond that, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yup, this is a slaughter for Trunks. Post-Crisis Supes might be a match for, I dunno, Semi Perfect Cell? I think Perfect is a bridge too far. Super-Era Future Trunks forgot about that power level a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    How did this move from Injustice Superman to Post-Crisis Superman to PC Superman?

That’s some pretty rapid power progression right there.

Maybe he WOULD fit in Dragonball...

Because they seem mostly comparable in power.

In the anime, base Vegeta blew up the insect people’s planet and their moon very casually.
    Yeah well, but the whole Bug Planet thing is obviously not canon.

IIRC, we once settled on Vegeta's Galick Gun not being a Planet Buster, but a Planet Razer, meaning while it might not be capable of actually blowing up the Earth, it would've most certainly destroyed all life on it, Asteroid-Style.

By the Frieza Saga off course, Vegeta is a planet buster, as can be seen by the large Ki Blast that Frieza kicks away creating an explosion even bigger than Namek.
    As for Cell, well honestly, I don't see any evidence for it, the two Kamehamehas who went into space did not create any kind of explosion even near Solar System busting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Vegeta's threat to blow up the planet is something that he is much more likely to have already done or witnessed, and like Cell's threat to blow up the solar system, was made to a (bunch of) martial arts genius(es) who could sense exactly how much power he was charging up, so there would be no particular point in making up a false claim.
    Vegeta screams it in the same scene where he claims to be the strongest in the universe, and if he had blown up the planet he would have died.

It wasn't some rational assessment of his own power, is what I'm saying.