Fantastic Member

Default Characters that need therapy the most

Mental Health has become a big topic of conversation in real life, thanks to events like the pandemic. We are all being affected by life in one way or another. So, I was wondering about the mental health of fictional characters and whether they need therapy. For example, most of the X-Men probably need therapy, considering they spend most of their lives being hunted and discriminated against. Not to mention what will happen once Krakoa falls apart. Another example is Harry Potter. The poor guy spent his whole life being stalked by the same psycho who killed his parents.

Anyone else?

Probably pretty much every superhero, really. At least, all of your classic origin stories -- your birth planet and your entire race destroyed, you're a space orphan, your parents murdered in front of you, rich orphan, dead parents then dead uncle that you blame yourself for, etc -- are usually some kind of traumatic event, that the ends up motivating the character to be heroes. Within the genre of course, the action of becoming the hero is meant to be itself therapeutic, but real life therapy would require challenging that notion. Thing is, even without the traumatic origin, we'd have to ask how healthy it is, that any given hero thinks it is their responsibility to save the world.

Really, some kind of version of the 50 state Initiative would probably be the only brand of superhero that might be seen as a legit vocation. Any of the unlicensed costumed vigilante variety would be seen as something that needs to be talked about, so you can stop trying to avoid your pain by controlling others, and accept the fact that it is inherently impossible for you, and you alone, to save everyone.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Boisterously Confused

Pretty much all of them except possibly for Wonder Woman, the Golden Age Flash, Spectrum, and maybe Johnny Thunder.