Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

It would probably result in a riot, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Riker U.S.S. Titan series, with the roles of Riker and Troi recast.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Maybe it's that I grew up experiencing several different takes on The Legion of Superheroes' 3Xth Century, but I tend not to stress over things like altering stuff to reflect our view of the future changing. I'd almost rather the shows not explicitly grapple with the differences in how future tech is depicted from one series to the next, and just run with a vision that looks futuristic now. I'm not saying make a series unrecognizable as part of the franchise, just don't take the issue so seriously.
    Agreed. And they should've done the same when it came to smooth head Klingons vs turtle shell head Klingons.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Agreed. And they should've done the same when it came to smooth head Klingons vs turtle shell head Klingons.
    They actually did for years (for good or bad), until the time came that they had to have both onscreen together, and then they needed to address it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Is Riker interesting enough for a show?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Is Riker interesting enough for a show?
    With a good writing team, almost any character can be interesting enough for a show.

I think Section 31 appeared in Enterprise as well, turned out Reed was a member I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

With a good writing team, almost any character can be interesting enough for a show.
    True. I always though he and Troi worked better as supporting characters

Ultimate Member

Riker and Troi felt like a rehash of the Decker/Illia relationship from Star Trek: the Motion Picture, only I thought bald hottie Persis Khambatta (sp?) was even hotter (if such a thing is possible!) than Marina Sirtis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Riker and Troi felt like a rehash of the Decker/Illia relationship from Star Trek: the Motion Picture, only I thought bald hottie Persis Khambatta (sp?) was even hotter (if such a thing is possible!) than Marina Sirtis.
    I think it was a rehash because ST:TMP was originally supposed to be a show.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think it was a rehash because ST:TMP was originally supposed to be a show.
    All true. I suspect what was intended for Riker faded with Roddenberry's influence. If I remember right, that's also the period during which Frakes began to focus on directing. I'm sometimes curious about what the rest of TNG would have looked like had Stewart not renewed his contract after the end of season 3.

Ultimate Member

All true. I suspect what was intended for Riker faded with Roddenberry's influence. If I remember right, that's also the period during which Frakes began to focus on directing. I'm sometimes curious about what the rest of TNG would have looked like had Stewart not renewed his contract after the end of season 3.
    Well, I don't know, but Picard is the best TNG character

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    They actually did for years (for good or bad), until the time came that they had to have both onscreen together, and then they needed to address it.
    The Worf explanation of "We don't talk about it with outsiders" was enough. I'm talking about when they pointlessly did an episode of Enterprise explaining it. It wasn't necessary, and from what I've heard it was a convoluted mess. Never bothered to watch it myself.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

It kinda made sense?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It kinda made sense?
    Yeah, the explanation wasn't bad; it was actually a pretty good story arc. That said, it really wasn't needed, we all knew the real reason it changed: more money for effects and costumes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, the explanation wasn't bad; it was actually a pretty good story arc. That said, it really wasn't needed, we all knew the real reason it changed: more money for effects and costumes
    Yeah, but I guess some fans were curious